UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> global warming obviously fake

1/7/07 9:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dougie
901 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Jan-07
1/7/07 9:39 PM
FastAndBulbous
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The more exposure to UV radiation you get, the higher the risk of cancer you will be under."

Yes, that's generally accepted.
1/7/07 9:42 PM
jellyman
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thicker the ozone layer, the less UV rays make it to the ground Agree or disagree?
1/7/07 9:47 PM
FastAndBulbous

I don't know, we'd have to measure UV levels to know that. But nobody is measuring UV levels, which is strange since you and others think it's such a dire issue.
1/7/07 10:01 PM
jellyman
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"But nobody is measuring UV levels," Are you aware of the term "UV Index"? It is commonly used in weather broadcasts in Canada.
1/7/07 10:04 PM
FastAndBulbous

So you're talking about the ozone hole over Canada?
1/7/07 10:04 PM
jellyman

Here is a picture of a UV measuring device Here is the vendor's web site http://www.ultralight.li/measurin.htm Does this convince you that people are measuring UV radiation?
1/7/07 10:20 PM
jellyman

"So you're talking about the ozone hole over Canada?" FAB Quit changing the subject. Right now we are trying to establish an accord on whether a thinner ozone layer will let in more UV. You question whether UV is being measured. I am answering that question. I will discuss no other questions until that is settled one way or the other. The Ozone hole is not being discussed. Remember, we are doing baby steps. The UV index refers to the predicted intensity of UV radiation in the sun light reaching the ground. UV intensity is also measured i.e. the measuring of UV radiation. Some research shows this measurement is also a feature of US weather broadcasts. Do you watch US weather broadcasts? http://www.atmos.anl.gov/ACP/OzoneUV.html This outlines a series of studies done in 196 by the US weather department involving among other things, UV penetration. Is this enough evidence for you that people are measuring UV radiation from the sun? This is a UV intensity map of the world, including the United States. IS this enough evidence for you that people are measuring UV radiation? http://www.safesun.com/uv_map.html
1/7/07 10:24 PM
FastAndBulbous

Edited: 07-Jan-07 10:24 PM
"Here is a picture of a UV measuring device"

lol, the original question, about 50 posts ago, is why nobody bought one of those and put it in Antarctica.

Google has plenty of ozone charts for Antarctica but no UV charts. If you can find a UV chart that matches an ozone chart, that would be helpful.

For instance, I couldn't find any ozone maps of the U.S. to match this UV index map. Can you please show me an ozone level map that matches these UV areas?

1/7/07 10:26 PM
jellyman

Instruments aboard NASA's EOS-Aura satellite will measure the amount of UV radiation that reaches the Earth's surface. They will also help to determine whether the stratospheric ozone layer is now recovering, as predicted by scientific models. (Image courtsy Jesse Allen, NASA GSFC Visualization and Analysis Lab) http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Library/UVB/uvb_radiation5.html Does this picture from NASA showing a satellite actively measuring UV radiation hitting the earth's surface convince you that people are measuring UV radiation hitting the earth's surface?
1/7/07 10:28 PM
jellyman

Edited: 07-Jan-07 10:29 PM
"lol, the original question, about 50 posts ago, is why nobody bought one of those and put it in Antarctica." Again, I am starting from square one with baby steps. So quit trying to change the subject. So far we have established that increased UV exposure increases the risk of cancer. I asked you if you agreed or not that ozone layer thickness affects how much UV hits the ground. You asked why nobody measured UV radiation on the ground. I am providing with evidence that they do. DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE THAT PEOPLE MEASURE UV RADIATION ON THE GROUND? While you puzzle that one out, I'm off to bed. More tomorrow.
1/7/07 10:28 PM
FastAndBulbous

"Quit changing the subject."

I'm not. You are the one trying to compare UV levels in Canada to ozone levels at the South Pole.

"Right now we are trying to establish an accord on whether a thinner ozone layer will let in more UV."

So show me some measurements on the same continent that corellate UV levels and ozone levels.

"You question whether UV is being measured."

Yes, at the South Pole. You haven't given a single example of UV data from there.

"I am answering that question."

Are you? Just show a map of the U.S. that shows lower ozone levels which match the UV levels in the map I posted.
1/7/07 10:31 PM
FastAndBulbous

"I asked you if you agreed or not that ozone layer thickness affects how much UV hits the ground. You asked why nobody measured UV radiation on the ground."

In Antarctica. I didn't specifically say in Antarctica the last time because I had already said it and I thought you had been paying attention.

"DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE THAT PEOPLE MEASURE UV RADIATION ON THE GROUND?"

I CAN'T HEAR YOU, COULD YOU TYPE IN BIGGER CAPS?

DO YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE NOT SHOWN ANY UV DATA FOR THE SOUTH POLE?
1/7/07 10:33 PM
jellyman

"I'm not. You are the one trying to compare UV levels in Canada to ozone levels at the South Pole." Please show me where I did that. Now you are putting words in my mouth. "Yes, at the South Pole. You haven't given a single example of UV data from there." Actually, if you read a previous post, I in fact did post an abstract of a study which does exactly that. But again, I am not interested in that. Do you accept that people measure UV radiation? YES OR NO? Any other answer will be taken as an admission of trolling.
1/7/07 10:35 PM
FastAndBulbous

"Does this picture from NASA showing a satellite"

LMAO, is that even a real photograph?

If this debate allows cartoons for evidence, I'll start drawing some proof for you.

1/7/07 10:37 PM
FastAndBulbous

To answer that question, no I do not accept CGI drawings as evidence. I accept your fake photo as an admission of trolling.

"Do you accept that people measure UV radiation? YES OR NO?"

Yes, UV radiation has been measured by people.
1/7/07 10:38 PM
jellyman

But what the hell: Do you accept this picture of a man who measures UV radiation for a living setting up a UV measuring device in Antarctica as a proof that people measure UV radiation in the south pole? http://www.germar.org/research.html
1/7/07 10:40 PM
jellyman

"If this debate allows cartoons for evidence, I'll start drawing some proof for you." You can easily follow the provided link after picture which will take you to the NASA web page which shows the aforementioned picture. Unless, of course you think NASA is fraudulent, in which case, there is nothing more to discuss.
1/7/07 10:41 PM
FastAndBulbous

No, I do not accept a picture of a man and snow as proof that he's at the South Pole.

I don't really doubt that he's measuring UV radiation at the South Pole, but I still don't see any of his measurement data. His site has everything but UV measurements.

So since we have at least one man collecting UV data in antarctica, lets look at his data now. Do you have any of it?
1/7/07 10:44 PM
FastAndBulbous

"You can easily follow the provided link after picture which will take you to the NASA web page which shows the aforementioned picture."

Yes, and it says that the satellite is PLANNED TO BE LAUNCHED. Do you think they took a photo of it in space before it was launched?

If you can't tell the difference between a photo and a computer drawing, I can see why you fall for alarmist global warming warnings. You aren't very good at distinguishing between fact and fiction.

Since you're still defending your fake picture as proof, maybe I shouldn't trust your picture of the man who is supposed to be at the south pole.
1/7/07 10:46 PM
jellyman

Edited: 07-Jan-07 10:48 PM
http://gcrio.gcrio.org/ozone/chapter1.pdf Do you accept this study with both abstract and data outlining the measurement of UV radiation on the ground in multiple locations including the South pole as evidence that people are measuring UV radiation in the south pole? From the study: "High levels of UV-B radiation have been observed directly in association with the Antarctic ozone hole [72,96–98], and on occasion the measured DNA-damaging radiation at Palmer Station, Antarctica (648S) has been found to exceed maximum summer values at San Diego, USA (328N) [97]."
1/7/07 10:47 PM
jellyman

"Since you're still defending your fake picture as proof, maybe I shouldn't trust your picture of the man" Not MY picture. Don't get personal.
1/7/07 10:49 PM
jellyman

Anyway since you accept that people do in fact measure UV radiation Do you accept that a thicker ozone layer will block more radiation than a thinner ozone layer?
1/7/07 10:50 PM
jellyman

Edited: 07-Jan-07 10:52 PM
No, strike that. First, do you accept that the ozone layer blocks UV radiation from solar rays?
1/7/07 10:58 PM
FastAndBulbous

That's an interesting study. It says that ground-tested UV-B levels in the Southern Hemisphere were measured at up to 40% more than levels in the Northern Hemisphere.

But doesn't the Northern Hemisphere create far more man-made greenhouse gas and pollution?

Thanks for providing evidence that human activity doesn't influence UV levels.

Apparently there's more UV radiation at the equator, and there's more UV radiation at the South Pole, and that's just how the planet naturally works.

But then again, that 40% difference measured from the ground was 10-15% difference measured from space. So they don't really know what they're talking about.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.