UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Att. Tony

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nowaydo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Thanks, Kirik! You are a gentleman! Believe me, I have a regular job and career, and I would never copy somebody's entire program. I love teaching the women and I do it for "pennies". I have too much of my own stuff and truly believe what I am teaching. I was doing this before I ever heard of Mr. Blauer. But, I learned a valuable lesson here. "It's just not worth the trouble." And to all the PDR people, You have something really groundbreaking going on, your loyalty and passion is admirable. This is your house! Thanks again, Kirik
Tony Blauer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
RObert, I was going to delete this thread and email you directly which is what you were asked to do,correct? Well, what I am about to write with test your fortitude,integrity or piss you off. You chose to ask a sensitive question in a public way while at the same time poking fun at 'us' while listing everyone from Musashi to Bruce LEe. A couple of times in the forum you have pushed some buttons and then you fixate on what you want in th edialogue but often miss the essence. There's a difference between being clever and smart. With all due respect, you are at times a little sarcastic at the most inappropriate times. About your opening paragraph [clever]. Call up each one of those men and ask them if you can buy their tapes, turn a profit with it...WITHOUT FIRST asking them or training with them or at a minimum establishing an 'understanding.' The order is important. You continue rationalize your choices by posting about how little you charge or how you love to do it or its not your main job...but that is not the point.This is not about the money, so stop fixating on the 'royalty' angle. You are public in the forum about using everyone's material, but there is due process and while you say you give credit where credit is do you also have no qualms 'discrediting' when you need to [cult jokes, not worth the trouble, etc.]. So you miss my point about 'relationship. I am a consultant and I train instrucotrs and they invest in my research and I have high standards and those standards need to be enforced, how can I ensure that when until this post, I didnt even know your first name?? Back to 'our' point of contention, as a professional it is clearly stated on my tapes, on my site and in print with your order that if you want to use my info commercially contact the office. On my site it describes various solutions/relatioships, some do not involve money...the point is its as simple as this: If you want to photocopy a page of Gavin DeBecker's GIFT OF FEAR for your students, you need to ask him or his company for permission, it doesn't matter that the classes are $12 only. If you want to use a component the RAT System, I'm sure Paul would prefer a letter or call or attendance at a seminar where a relationship gets established and explanation of 'context' is made. A more 'down-to-earth' example: if you want to borrow my lawnmower you need to ask, whether you are cutting MY grass or yours or whether you own a landscaping company or not. IN other words, dont decide for the professionals in this community how or when you can use their material, ask them, let them participate in how you use their intellectual property. Sincerely, Tony Blauer
nowaydo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tony, I did wait for your email. Thank you. I'll email you. I don't want to taint this forum with negativity. I'm sincere. I hope you respond. Robert
nowaydo

Tony, Please check your e-mail. You got mail! I read your post over and over.I do get it. And I must apoligize to any PDR member I may have insulted. But please consider the sincere words I sent you in your email, Mr. Blauer. My heart and truth are all I can offer. Sincerely
Tony Blauer

I'm away teaching and will see it next week when I'm back at the office. Thanks, Tony
nowaydo

No...Thank You for being reasonable! Good Training!
Kirik
1775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC
You answered the question when you asked if the most blatant lifting of Tony's material had taken place. Answer is yes. I don't have contact with everyone on your list (Paul Vunak, Larry Hartsell, Gene Lebell, Dan Inosanto, Mario Sperry, Roy Harris, Matt Thorton, Mike Tyson, the Gracies and Tony Cecchine), but the ones I have communicated with appreciate at least a degree of attribution. It is pretty normal, not a big deal.
Tony Blauer

totalnet account has been dormant for years...where'd you get it from? Curious. blauerhelp@videotron.ca T
nowaydo

I go it from a bio on the Underground forum. Now, you should have mail!
nowaydo

tblauer@total.net This is where I sent it, Tony. I didn't know which email address went directly to you, without anyone else seeing it. I again, read your post and I've gain an even deeper understanding. "Sometimes it's not as important to be understood, as it is to understand!" I'll sent it again to a different address, but I don't feel as strongly as I did when I first wrote it, so I just hope you understand. "Time heals." I would not like to continue this in public, so please let me know how you feel in private, unless you see a positive benefit otherwise. Thanks! I'll send it again. This time to info@blauer! Robert
Tony Blauer

Where & when was it emailed? No receipt at my office. T
nowaydo

Could I please have Mr. Blauer "only" respond to this first. You have to help me Tony! I'm to the point where I feel as if I have to find all of the descendants of Musashi, Bruce Lee, and Ueshiba pay them royalties for quoting them and using their concepts in my class. As well as, people like Paul Vunak, Larry Hartsell, Gene Lebell, Dan Inosanto, Mario Sperry, Roy Harris, Matt Thorton, Mike Tyson, the Gracies and Tony Cecchine. I always thought it was about spreading the word and sharing what you have. Watching Larry Hartsell in action is a treat. He always gives credit to the teacher who taught him a certain lock. Now, I'm wondering if he had to pay $9.95 for each lock. Maybe it's just my JKD background, where people are encourage to go to different teachers and arts "absorbing what is useful and rejecting what is useless." All the while, acknowledging "bad information doesn't replace good information" (I wonder who said that?) Why do some PDR members get so sensitive about your material? Why is it different than a million other martial artist who teach and sale videos? Did you guys have a bad experience with someone and now you're super sensitive? I notice you don't get involved with debates like this, but I would really like to know where you stand. And if I have to be a PDR member to buy or teach any techique or concept on your tapes, well I already have more info than I can ingest. As you know, the longer you train, the more you begin to tear away and trim you art. So, I can go without using it, but it's really great material. And if you rather email me about this, please do. nowaydo@gateway.net With my Deepest Respect, Robert

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.