UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Toews-how long before in the NHL?

1/8/07 1:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrandInquisitor
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Jan-07

I've gotten into hockey again after not really paying attention for about 10 years and for as excited as I have been about the Blackhawks lately, they have looked like shit losing 5 of the past 6 games. That said, during this lull, J. Toews was tearing things up in the Juniors chamionships and since he was the Blackhawks #1 draft pick last year, I was wondering how long until you guys think he will be NHL ready. I know he is still playing in college in SD, but once he decided to come to the league, will he go to the AHL for development or straight to the pro game to learn on ice like Crosby did.
1/8/07 2:13 PM
Mark1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably 5 years before he really starts to contribute. Mark
1/8/07 4:29 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the mor eHavlat get sinjured and theam has problem scoring, the quicker he comes up, He well get a good shot at making the lineup next season.
1/8/07 5:45 PM
GrandInquisitor
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, if that is the case, he'll be up next year. In fact, thinking about it, I think Dale Tallon is planning for this to happen, considering all of the Toews shit that is plastered across the United center right now. Also, Havlat has sucked for at least 7-8 games and his only goal was an open netter at the end of the Blues game (which, btw, was also the only PP goal the Hawks have scored with the past 48 tries...that's fucking pathetic).
1/8/07 6:41 PM
Big Pete

Im another sad sack of a Hawks fan but with SAvvy as coach and how he turned them around how can you not be excited. Hope maybe next year hell turn pro and maybe hell be ready for the year after next.
1/8/07 9:03 PM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Might play next year, but definitely & more likely the following season, at least as a full season. Expect a couple of seasons of decent and improving numbers and by year 5 as Mark said should be a solid contributor.
1/8/07 9:12 PM
WC17

apparently it is very likely he is there very soon, which is a stupid move on behalf of the blackhawks.
1/12/07 2:49 PM
Big Pete

Edited: 12-Jan-07
hey rub it in why dont you!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.