UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Canucks - laffs Saturday night!

1/12/07 9:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Jan-07

The Canucks roll in toronto Saturday Night for the 4pm PST game of Hockey Day in Canada! I love games in High Definition. Any predictions?
1/12/07 9:44 PM
WC17
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking Casuck fans would keep quiet and pretend like this game is not happening in order to avoid the humilation on the biggest stage in the NHL, primetime Saturday night hockey night in Toronto. This will be a devastating defeat to all in the land of propaganda known as Vancouver.
1/12/07 9:47 PM
WC17

but on the brightside Casuck fans, it least you are getting the chance to play on the biggest stage in the league hockey night in Toronto Saturday night. Not every team can say that, and it should be a big honour for you, even if I'm not entirely you sure you are deserving of such an honour to put it nicely.
1/13/07 3:10 PM
Big Pete

Edited: 13-Jan-07
Canucks!
1/13/07 4:21 PM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/13/07 7:29 PM
R-Mon

Edited: 13-Jan-07 09:32 PM
6 - 1 for the Canucks
1/13/07 7:31 PM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

- Gotta love the refs giving the leafs three powerplays right to start the game including the 2-man advantage. - It's amazing how Bob Cole and Harry Neale cant pronounce any names other than the leafs. For the record it's: LUU - ongo, not "LONGO", BEE-EK-SA, not BEE-ESS-KA, (Bieksa), even CBC misspelled his name on the graphics when he took the first penalty. Oh, and it's the SEDIN twins, they are NOT SUNDIN's long lost brothers. Gaawd if I hear Henrik Sundin and Daniel Sundin one more time, jesus. - The cheering when the Canucks scored the first goal showed how many Nuck fans there are in T.O.
1/13/07 9:16 PM
PR

OMG Harry Neale is calling him "MATS" Naslund instead of Markus, NEWSFLASH Harry: MATS retired 20 years ago! Man the reffering was ridiculous, a zillion penalties. It's also too bad that the Canucks played so shitty, other than Luongo who had a decent game. Defense was porous, and the powerplay sputtered. The forwards couldnt backcheck either. Overall a horrible game for the Canucks. I really wished the Canucks would play a good game to start the road trip through the Minors, but I guess we'll have to regroup for the next game. It's nice to get the free 2 points though playing against the Minor league teams over in the east.
1/13/07 9:39 PM
R-Mon

Thanks for the points! Too bad we lost on the WC17 scoring method. :P
1/13/07 9:39 PM
PR

OMG they just couldnt stop with the mis-pronounciations! You'd think "Burrows," as-in, the mole burrows underground, was an easy one, but no, Bob Cole the senile old fuck decided to call him "Borrows" as-in the leafs need to borrow some wins to make the playoffs.
1/13/07 9:43 PM
PR

Oh yeah, it's too bad we were injury plagued as well as playing shitty. One of the best defensive defenseman, Willie Mitchell was out. Salo and Naslund both are playing injured, with bad shoulders.
1/13/07 10:04 PM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOW what a disgrace. Is it possible to revoke a franchise ? Because the Sedins just dominated an AHL calibre team. Someone needs to teach them that a hockey game is 60 minutes long. Outworked, outscored, and physically manhandled by the obviously superior team. Oh it's great to be a Canucks fan! Anyone else notice how many Canucks fans there were there? It was almost a home game for Vancouver
1/13/07 10:07 PM
PR

Oh oh oh, just to beat WC17 to the punch, the reffing WAS horrible. But, somehow, it magicalkly evened out: 13:36 of Power Play time for the Canucks, and 13:26 of Power Play time fore the laffs. P.S. Whoops I guess that was a Freudian slip there in that typo in the laffs sentence above, I didnt mean to imply that the laffs were going to be golfing early this year.
1/13/07 10:14 PM
Spankenstyne

Equally bad for both teams.
1/13/07 10:38 PM
Mark1

lol! I was flipping back and forth from the Wings to CBC. My girlfriend (who knows very little about hockey) overheard me refer to the leaves as the "shitbombs". I was downstairs taking a leak and my gf yells "someone just scored again". I asked her who it was and she yells back "Not the shitbombs, thats for sure. They suck" Its probably the 3rd game she's ever seen and she already understands how bad the leaves suck. LOL Mark
1/13/07 11:20 PM
WC17

clowns. thank the refs for that one. Leafs dominated the first, and were well on their way to victory. This league is a joke. Sad you guys had no one to step up and take on Belak.
1/13/07 11:24 PM
WC17

Edited: 13-Jan-07 11:26 PM
"The cheering when the Canucks scored the first goal showed how many Nuck fans there are in T.O." there really isn't that many. majority were probably just family because there is always a huge amount of family from visiting teams who always have a number of Ontario players and Easter Canadians. the only way Casuck fans are getting tickets here is if they buy from scalpers. this isn't vancouver where any old Joe can walk up to the box office and get tickets to game of choice. majority of seats are owned by season ticket holders. Far more Leaf nation invasion in Vancouver than the other way around.
1/13/07 11:49 PM
R-Mon

Lol. The italian commentator was doing a better job of pronouncing the nucks' names.
1/13/07 11:53 PM
R-Mon

"This league is a joke." With the leaves being the biggest of joke of all. Lol at Belak. If you guys drafted someone who could pass rather than someone who makes a weak ass attempt at a fight, maybe you'd be able to prevent the sorry a$$ turnovers in your own zone.
1/14/07 3:28 AM
Spankenstyne

Edited: 14-Jan-07 03:31 AM
"I was thinking Casuck fans would keep quiet and pretend like this game is not happening in order to avoid the humilation on the biggest stage in the NHL, primetime Saturday night hockey night in Toronto. This will be a devastating defeat to all in the land of propaganda known as Vancouver." So how does the humiliation of such a devastating defeat feel? "clowns. thank the refs for that one. Leafs dominated the first, and were well on their way to victory. " You can thank the refs for giving you most of the first on the powerplay, including a 2 man advantage that the laffs could do nothing about. The game is 60 minutes not 20, lol@"well on their way to victory" when they never had a lead in the game. How can you blame the refs when they gave the laffs every chance for an early lead, and they did nothing with it. You can't blame the refs for that sloppy garbage the laffs played all night that they attempted to pass off as hockey. Yep JFjr sure "owned" the other GM's with that stellar Raycroft signing too... Just be glad the laffs don't play the Canucks more than once this season, so you don't have to endure such humiliating domination and can continue with your deluded belief that the laffs are a good team. The laffs would be sitting below Columbus if they had to play in the Western conference. I can see why they resist a schedule change so much, sadly for them it's coming anyway.
1/14/07 9:13 AM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Jan-07
well know you know what Toronto people have had to go through with Bob Cole on saturday night in hockey, and during the playoffs. Westcoast fans are very lucky to have Jim Hughson and Drew Remenda (I think thats how you spell his name).
1/14/07 12:55 PM
WC17

"Just be glad the laffs don't play the Canucks more than once this season," actually I think it should be mandatory to play back to back because there is no way in hell the casucks could ever pull that one off again. as fluke a win as they come. just be glad that the Leafs dont take Vancouver very seriously and brought their d game, where Vancouver came with their A+, game 7 of the finals game, and the only reason they weren't blown out of the game after 20 mins was Luongo. Vancouver is nothing but a powerplay team who rides their goaltender the rest of the time, and might I add again it was very sad no one stepped up to Belak, clearly the pansy Casucks were paying attention to Wades recent destructions, so dont worrry, no one blames them.
1/14/07 12:56 PM
WC17

Bob Cole is a legend and the best play by play guy of all time, and a sure bet Hockey Hall Of Famer. Jim Hughson will never have the legacy that Bob Cole has.
1/14/07 12:58 PM
WC17

"Lol at Belak. If you guys drafted someone who could pass rather than someone who makes a weak ass attempt at a fight, maybe you'd be able to prevent the sorry a$$ turnovers in your own zone." We didn't draft him. Colorodo took him in the first round. Wade cost us nothing, and Vancouver could only pray to one day have an enforcer as good as him.
1/14/07 2:11 PM
DowntownMB
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bob Cole is an ignorant fucking idiot. He is a horrid announcer.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.