UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> Neteller Non-Gambling?

1/18/07 2:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taiyashi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Jan-07

Hey, I'm sure if you wager at all you have heard about Neteller's pulling out of the gambling transfer biz for their U.S clients. After Pinnacle closed I was left with an inflated Neteller account and I managed to distribute some funds in the 11th hour but I still have a sizable chunk left in Neteller. My question is : What merchants online accept Neteller that are non-gambling? Is this just a foolish question or what because their news release mentions U.S customers still can transfer funds to non-gambling websites. Hope everyone else are not too panicked. JK
1/18/07 11:26 PM
Oddessa
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Jan-07
JoeyOddessa.com
I have never used Netteller.
1/31/07 4:20 PM
truthfreesyou

Edited: 31-Jan-07
just do a withdrawal back to your bank account... what's the problem?
2/1/07 10:42 PM
JonnySak
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Feb-07
don't you have an atm card for the neteller account? I do. I just take money out of my local atm.
2/3/07 11:39 PM
Taiyashi

Edited: 03-Feb-07
FYI, Neteller has suspended checks, eft,debit, and p2p. Effectively stopping all possible outs for those of us with money in Neteller. It's a screwy situation but it's a harsh reality when you realize you don't have the ability to do what you want with your money. If I could bet on it, I don't believe Neteller will survive to the end of the year if they don't find a way to get the US players their money. JK
2/4/07 12:46 AM
kripsak

Edited: 04-Feb-07 12:47 AM
It's been over 3 weeks since I placed my funds in Neteller to be deposited in my bank account. Anyone got any ideas, maybe legal action or something, to get this ball rolling. I feel betrayed by Pinnacle, they should of let us transfer our money directly to our bank accounts, but they didn't want the hassle, so they dumped it on Neteller.
2/6/07 1:56 PM
FightingMajor

Edited: 06-Feb-07
Unfortunately, it is out of Netellers hands. It is the U.S. Government who has frozen funds. I think you will get your money, but it appears you may be waiting for up to 6 months or so. I was fortunate enough to get a hefty withdraw out just in time, as money was literally in the transfer to my bank as the news broke. I feel for anyone who has money tied up, that is a real helpless feeling.
2/7/07 5:57 PM
PeterWellington

Edited: 07-Feb-07
"Unfortunately, it is out of Netellers hands. It is the U.S. Government who has frozen funds." I haven't seen any real evidence of this other than some random articles quoting an FBI agent. To my knowledge (and I've been following this thing pretty closely) there have been no public court documents or announcements from Neteller to support this. If it is true, I still have to say that Neteller has been terrible with this whole situation. Most anyone who's been in contact with them will tell you the same. First of all, you'll be lucky to get a hold of anyone without an extreme wait (email or phone). When you do get in contact, you get incredibly vague responses and those vague responses change from one minute to the next. Talk to a different rep and you'll get a totally different answer. Even non-US customers have been getting their accounts shut down for something that Neteller reps suggested they do. They are horrible and I would never let them have another dime of mine even if I lived in another country.
2/8/07 4:05 PM
PeterWellington

Edited: 08-Feb-07
Neteller Press Release 02/08/2007 http://www.neteller-group.com/press/en/124.htm They comment on the frozen funds. The US gov. didn't freeze all of the accounts, but they did seize some funds in transit did (deposit/withdrawal). The article is a bit encouraging actually given some of the rumors and this is the most detailed explanation we've seen since everything went down.
2/8/07 9:44 PM
kripsak

Edited: 08-Feb-07
Thanks for the heads up guys, hopefully we'll get our funds back soon.
4/25/07 12:25 AM
GMB

Edited: 25-Apr-07
still holding out hope myself.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.