UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fedor vs. Lindland at Bodogfight?

1/18/07 1:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diego stole my name
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Jan-07
funkywb how do you reach the conclusion that Rampage is stronger than Fedor. How do we define strength in MMA versus technique?
1/18/07 1:17 PM
supersonic
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like what the Law has been doing lately but dont have any real interest in this match up if it happened.
1/18/07 1:19 PM
machinemg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

R.I.P.
1/18/07 1:21 PM
machinemg

Why does Bodog want to murder Lindland?
1/18/07 1:30 PM
funkywb

What makes you think Fedor is stronger than Rampage?

Isn't Rampage 6'2"?

Isn't Fedor 6'0"?

Fedor is fat and that is why he weighs more. He does not have more muscle mass.

What weight does Rampage cut from? 212? Maybe more? Doesn't Fedor walk around at 220?

Logic, guys.

strength is not technique.

Diego stole my name, I assume that you have grappled before? You have to have noticed that strength is super overrated. I have been accused of being rediculouly strong by guys that were way stronger than me. The reason why is that those guys were inexperienced grapplers and were fighting leverage and technique with strength.

1/18/07 1:34 PM
funkywb

Fedor is surely stronger than Lindland, but Fedor is rarely stronger than anyone he fights.

Actually, the same goes for Lindland. You guys can't think he is strong, can you? Textbook judo throws and textbook wrestling slams do not = strength.

1/18/07 1:35 PM
KKM

Some of you guys are funny.
1/18/07 1:43 PM
sovann

Orders the Law a triple bacon cheeseburger and basket of onion rings
1/18/07 1:52 PM
Diego stole my name
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I assume that you have grappled before? You have to have noticed that strength is super overrated. I have been accused of being rediculouly strong by guys that were way stronger than me. The reason why is that those guys were inexperienced grapplers and were fighting leverage and technique with strength." Yeah i know all of this. But you still havent answered why Rampage is "stronger" than Fedor besides being taller and have more defined muscles. How do you define strength in MMA? Having more musclemass doesnt equal strength. Otherwise bodybuilders would be the strongest in the weightroom
1/18/07 1:59 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor said he's been weighing closer to 220 than 230 these days (as was Coleman in more recent times). Also Rampage has been really suscetible to submission attemps in numerous fights. Aside from that early fight with Sak, he has escaped them all but has got caught with good dangerous attempts from Illoukhine, Busta, Arona, and then Lindland. I'd rather see Lindland shoot for the top MW spot then fight Fedor but he may be able to get Fedor in trouble, he has the wrestling and ground game but he doesnt move that well on his feet and Fedor could just as easily shrug off Lindland's clinch attempts and smack him around in the process.
1/18/07 2:04 PM
CruJones
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if this happens i can't wait to see the odds. Lindland rules. no wonder he and BJ got along so well... tough-ass motherfuckers.
1/18/07 2:09 PM
Tom Erikson
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the hell, I could give Fedor a better run for his money than Matt. I could actually get ready for a fight if given this much time to fight. BC
1/18/07 2:19 PM
Marshal Law
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damnit Tom! Stop teasing!
1/18/07 2:30 PM
orcus

"Fedor is rarely stronger than anyone he fights." Regardless of how his bench press compares to his opponents', he has appeared stronger than everyone he's ever fought in my eyes. Whether it's technique or muscle strength, what difference does it make if in practice, you do whatever you want with your opponents, physically? But I still can't imagine why you think Rampage is stronger just because he *looks* more muscular at 15-20lb lower bodyweight. "Actually, the same goes for Lindland. You guys can't think he is strong, can you? " Hell yes. You think an Olympic wrestler is not strong? And didn't someone say he can bench (I hate having to bring up bench press at all) 400lbs?
1/18/07 2:36 PM
truthisalive
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol..what has happend to this forum...Hunt Vs Fedor is announced and everyone is complaining...now this uncommon match is announced as a possibility and everyone is saying how Lindland can do well and make Fedor look average...lol...Lindland will not even be able to take Fedor down...he will be hit with many punches and be flung to the mat when he attempts to take Fedor down...this is a waste of viewing entertainment...wtf...some of you guys are crazy or just ignorant of MMA...this is a crazy match up...why? there are so many other heavy weights that could fight Fedor...after Fedor destroys Matt...the same people that where saying how awesome this fight would be will be saying at the end of the year that Fedor never fought anyone again...who did he fight ummm...Hunt...Lindland...Mino...barnett...ect.... Sometimes I cant believe what I read from you guys...some of you guys are really cretarded in your expectations and opinions on fights. Fedor wins first round Tko and is never in any trouble.
1/18/07 2:45 PM
funkywb

"Having more musclemass doesnt equal strength. Otherwise bodybuilders would be the strongest in the weightroom"

Not exactly, but pretty close. Power lifters are bigger than body builders, generally, and have more muscle mass. Bodybuilers are ripped, but that doesn't mean they have more muscle mass. Powerlifters just don't try to cut that extra fat off their bodies, but they are still huge.

"Hell yes. You think an Olympic wrestler is not strong?"

For his weight, no, he is not strong. There was not 1 wrestler at the Olympics he wrestled in that was not stronger than Lindland. Or at the U.S. Olympic trials, for that matter. Strength helps, but only a little.

1/18/07 2:47 PM
max power
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is nuts
1/18/07 2:53 PM
funkywb

"Yeah i know all of this. But you still havent answered why Rampage is "stronger" than Fedor besides being taller and have more defined muscles."

It is pure speculation, of course, the same as those who try to explain Fedor's takedowns with "power".

My opinion, however, is an educated guess based on the fact that Rampage and Fedor walk around at pretty close to the same weight, but Rampage obviously has more muscle mass. 

1/18/07 3:00 PM
Marshal Law
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attn Tom Erikson: Please put this "wrestler's strength" discussion to bed for them?
1/18/07 4:44 PM
CruJones
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom, i can't believe how much pride fucked with you - putting you in there with days notice and the rest of it.
1/18/07 5:33 PM
KKM

You guys must actually want to see Lindland die.
1/18/07 5:55 PM
Spiderking

I think it would make an interesting fight. Lindland is underrated.
1/19/07 7:37 AM
KASCA

Edited: 19-Jan-07
"Lindland is underrated" no, not here in the UG, he isn't
1/24/07 5:04 PM
Tom Erikson
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jan-07
Lindlind actually stands a chance in this fight, he is extremely unorthodox and will fight absolutely anyone. Matt is not your typical wrestler, his Greco expierence will serve him very well and he like many of us former "elite" wrestler does not have an ego about learning new things. I am disappointed that I could not get the fight but love the fact that a fellow wrestler did get the fight. BC

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.