UnderGround Forums

Texas Underground >> Tell me about Machado Dallas

1/20/07 9:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UNIFIEDTEAM1
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Jan-07

Hey Texas guys! i was wondering if you could give me some info on the Dallas Carlos Machado academy. I may be taking a trip down there in the not too distant future and would like the "real" low-down. Class size, how many upper belts, # of techniques taught, warm-up?, overall vibe, etc. Does Carlos teach ALL the classes? How often is he in town, etc. Thanks so much!
5/15/07 5:23 PM
Stronghold
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-May-07
try his website
7/21/10 2:56 PM
BiggestIdiotEver
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT  His site doesn't give much detailed information and when I called i was urged to come in for a class before discussing fees and scheduling.  I work odd hours and can't find many schools.  I'd hate to go in there, waste their time and find out i can't make scheduling work or can't afford it. 
7/21/10 5:52 PM
The Woot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos' school is great, top level bjj, he doesn't teach all the classes but is there quite a bit. There are several other great options in Dallas to get some good mat time in.

Star BJJ in north dallas and Octagon MMA in the Uptown Area are both great
7/21/10 6:09 PM
BiggestIdiotEver
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Woot - Carlos' school is great, top level bjj, he doesn't teach all the classes but is there quite a bit. There are several other great options in Dallas to get some good mat time in.

Star BJJ in north dallas and Octagon MMA in the Uptown Area are both great

I used to take Ray's boxing & kickboxing classes at octagon for about a year up until a couple months ago.  The kicker for me is just scheduling.  I've seen nearly everyone's schedule online and their classes are in the 9-10 am & 5-7pm range.  since i work 11am to 8pm in frisco, finding a class is a bit of a challenge.  That was the main reason i trained with Ray for so long, his classes were at 6am.  Well that and it was the most affordable class they offered. 
7/21/10 8:20 PM
Ryan Cox
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was visiting my dad in Dallas for a week and went down to train there a few times and it was a great experience. They were understanding that I didn't have my gi with me and just told me to wear long workout pants and a longsleeve shirt. Great techninique being taught, Machado was teaching each time I was there and I definitely approve of training there as a person who is visiting. Call and setup an appoitment so you can talk to someone and they'll show you around...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.