UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> human performance&sport degree?

1/21/07 11:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KneeUNThaFace
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Jan-07

http://www.mscd.edu/~hpslweb/dptinfo/progs_careers.shtml was jumping around the HPS site. anyone ever take any of these courses or have a similar major?
2/2/07 1:42 AM
MikeD

Edited: 02-Feb-07
Yeah, I'm a physical education (K-12) major, which is in my school's Health and Human Performance Department. What you looking to do after school?
2/4/07 3:19 PM
KneeUNThaFace

Edited: 04-Feb-07
Probably something similar MikeD. Either that, or try to get on with one of the local sports organizations possibly? Also have considered the athletic training program. I was just curious to see if anyone was doing something similar and had some feedback. How is it working out so far?
2/4/07 3:34 PM
MikeD

Edited: 04-Feb-07
I'm really looking forward to teaching, but in all honesty, I really hate the HHP department at my school. The professors have little real world experience, they give conflicting information, and many of the students are student-athletes (focus on "athletes") who think they're going to get a job coaching, but not have to teach. I have a 4.0 gpa and I basically have to beg for scholarship consideration. I think teaching PE is a good fit for me (my wife is also a teacher). I don't want to be one of those "roll out the ball types". I actually want to teach. The bad side, depending on your local area, is finding a job. It's not like we're in high demand. The good part, at least for me, is that if you can't find a job teaching, you can find a government job where you just need a Bachelors degree.
2/5/07 12:14 AM
KneeUNThaFace

Edited: 05-Feb-07
Interesting. Well thanks for the info brother. Good luck the rest of the way. Once you get your teaching gig it should be a gas!
2/5/07 1:10 AM
rkjmd

Edited: 05-Feb-07
Good luck

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.