UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Khabibulin worth the money?

1/24/07 6:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrandInquisitor
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jan-07

This season shoul.d have been good for the Blackhawks with both Handzus and Havlat having breakout offensive seasons and Khabi having a strong season net minding, but what we have gotten was a totally injured Handzus (gone for the year), a mostly injured Havlat (who looks like he might still be injured), and a "Bulin Wall" that has been hurt and then VERY average. Adrian Aucion has been blamed for most of the defensive woes of the Hawks this season but even with some very shoddy play from the D-men Khabi has been down right pathetic this year, especially for a player who commands 7 million. Over the past 10 games he has allowed 9 first period goals. This may be excusable on a team with amazing offensive talent..but, well..that's not the Hawks. So, with all of the rumors about TB wanting Khabi back, does anyone really think he will go? And if so, what would the Hawks get in return? Would everyone pray for the Hawks to get vincent lecavalier...I know it won't happen, but it'd be nice.
1/24/07 7:18 PM
Mark1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The 'Hawks have let in fewer goals than the leaves. LOL! Mark
1/24/07 7:26 PM
GrandInquisitor
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that is Leaves excuse #17, and Hawks excuse #2.
1/25/07 1:32 AM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jan-07
khabibulin isn't worth top dollar, so unless a team desperately , and I mean really desperately need him they will pick him up. fact is, just like havlat, the guy has not proven to be an elite player. Hawks overpaid for him because they were desperate to make a quick run to the playoffs. He can make big saves, and he had one good playoffs during his career in which the Lightning won the cup, but honestly I would never pickup that guy for the 6.5 million he makes a year, only 2 goalies in the league are probably deserving of a salary that high.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.