UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> While watching the Allstar Game

1/24/07 9:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrandInquisitor
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jan-07

I saw Marty Havlat skating around, and I couldn't help but think it has to be slightly embaressing to be skating around with the best players in the league while knowing that the only reason you are there is because no one else on the team could possibly be considered good. I love the Blackhawks, but it is a sad statement upon the team that a guy who has been hurt for 25-odd games is considered the only "All-Star" on the team. Also, wh the hell isn't Afinogenov on the All-Star team? Bettman showed that he was more than willing to adjust the balloting as he saw fit with the Rory Fitzpatrick ordeal, so why didn't he slip Afinogenov on the ice? Maxim is fast and fun to watch and would be great for the new "all fast no defense" league that is being pushed right now.
1/25/07 1:16 AM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jan-07
Because Bettman wanted to have a player from each team i guess, their were already 3 Sabres players, in reality there should've been like 4 or 5 Sabre players. That is why I'm kind of getting sick of the all-star game, it is not the best vs. the best in each conference.
1/25/07 3:01 PM
GrandInquisitor
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jan-07
Not too long after I made this post Havlat looked like a star making some nice touch passes and a quick goal. He looked really good in front of the net today - I don't know if Havlat has trouble dealing with pressure in front of the net or what, but he sure looked good last night with no one touching him.
1/26/07 3:14 AM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jan-07
He missed all those games and still leads his team in scoring. He's a legit all-star

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.