UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Jim Vandermeer out w/ ankle break

1/27/07 2:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrandInquisitor
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jan-07

I had a lot of hope last night while listening to the Hawks game for 57 minutes, but in very Blackhawks-esque fashion, the Hawks had to let by a late game winner. Nashville has shown itself to be the best team in the NHL (possibly, but there are not too many teams skating with them right now) but even though they have been great all year, they have had serious problems with the Blackhakws. Things seemed to be going OK, even though the Hawks managed to totally botch a 5 minute power play after a very ugly play from Hamhuis on Seabrook, but as soon as I heard that Jim Vandermeer had gone down with a serious injury, I knew things were going to blow up. And, of course, they did. Radim Vrbata blew his coverage and Vern Fiddler came across and scored an easy second goal to put the Preds ahead with just over three minutes left. The Hawks impotence on the power play this year has led me to believe that they should just stop pulling Khabibulin late in the game, as they seem to play the same game with a one man advantage. Vandermeer is probably going to be out for the rest of the season which is going to put a serious crimp in the defense (Savard doesn't seem to totally trust Vandermeer but I've thought he has been strong all season) and even though defensemen Brent Seabrook looked good and scored a goal (and also played well during the "Youngstars" game) I have a feeling that the defense is going to start looking younger and younger with both Aucoin and Vandermeer out with injuries.\ I'm thinking about going to the game tomorrow against Calagary, not only because it is basically the only home game of the month, but because it might be the Hawks best chance to pull out a win over the next three weeks (I hope that's a joke...but the Hawks do have a fucked up Feb. schedule with 3 straight weeks of road games).
2/2/07 11:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Big Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Feb-07
i thought he has played well its that damn Cam Barker that scares me!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.