UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Conroy traded back to Calgary

1/29/07 5:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Jan-07

They just announced on the radio here that Craig Conroy was traded back to the Flames from LA for Lundmark and a couple draft picks. No word yet on what picks, but sounded mid-late kinda deal. Great deal for the Flames, he played vey well here and is still a fan favourite that always came up on talk radio shows as a trade that would likely never happen.
1/29/07 10:13 PM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Jan-07
Conroy begins second stint in Calgary following trade Calgary, AB - Calgary Flames General Manager Darryl Sutter announced today the acquisition of center Craig Conroy from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for center Jamie Lundmark and two future draft choices. "He's a proven, veteran player with intangibles," said Sutter. "I think there has been something missing from our team to be honest," said Sutter. "I think that this will alleviate some of the attention that Daymond Langkow now gets." Conroy returns to Calgary where he played in four seasons between 2001 and 2004. The 6'2", 197lb forward was a member of the Flames Western Conference championship team during the 2003-04 season and captained the club during the 2002-03 campaign. In 237 regular season games with the Flames he recorded 188 points with 60 goals and 128 assists. During the 03-04 playoffs he added another 17 points including 6 goals in 26 games. He was Jarome Iginla's centre for much of his time in Calgary and there is no doubt that the pair had developed a chemistry. "There's no doubt he worked well with Jarome," said Sutter. A veteran of 12 NHL seasons, Conroy has twice been a finalist for the Frank J. Selke Trophy while accumulating 411 points in 706 career games with Montreal, St. Louis, Calgary and Los Angeles. Conroy signed as a free agent with Los Angeles on July 6, 2004. Sutter said the two clubs have been speaking about a potential trade since last summer. "It is probably something we had talked about from the Entry Level Draft," said Sutter. In 52 games this season he has recorded 5 goals and 11 assists for 16 points. Sutter expects Conroy to provide much of the same enthusiasm and energy he provided when he was here in Calgary. He will also help on face-offs and can play on special teams. "Craig Conroy is a good player. He has assets," said Sutter Conroy is expected to dress against his former team on Tuesday as the Flames host the Kings. Conroy was in Red Deer where the Kings practised on Monday when told of the trade. "You don't get a day off because of a trade, do you?" smiled Sutter when asked if Conroy would be in the line-up. Originally drafted by the Montreal Canadiens as their sixth round selection (123rd overall) in the 1990 NHL Entry Draft, Conroy was traded to St. Louis in 1996. Calgary first acquired the former U.S. Olympian with a seventh round pick from St. Louis on March 13, 2001 in exchange for Cory Stillman. A native of Potsdam, NY, Conroy has represented the United States at the 2006 Olympics and at the 2004 World Cup of Hockey. Sutter said he spoke with Lundmark and had told him he would try and find him a place to play regularly in the NHL. "I thought Jamie played well for me last year," said Sutter. "For some reason that wasn't happening this year. I told him if he wasn't playing regular here I would try and find him a place where he could play regularly." Conroy is expected to wear No. 24 on Tuesday.
1/30/07 10:00 AM
MIKEBROOKS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jan-07
Craig Conroy is a great guy, I played against him last summer in a tourny. Wasn't hard to tell who the US Olympian was out there... Brooks
1/30/07 10:50 AM
Mark1

Edited: 30-Jan-07 10:51 AM
"Wasn't hard to tell who the US Olympian was out there... " Just look for the trashed hotel room. Or Just look for the guy that the Canadians are booing. Or Just look for the guy without a medal. I could go on and on. Mark
1/30/07 12:27 PM
MIKEBROOKS

OK wasn't hard to tell who the NHLer was..... is that better? Maybe I could have worded it better..lol Brooks
1/30/07 6:19 PM
Spankenstyne

lol
1/30/07 6:29 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are they going to re-unite him with Iginla. Langkow has been doing pretty well as top line centerman to be honest.
1/31/07 12:33 AM
Spankenstyne

Edited: 31-Jan-07
Connie with 2 goals tonight. The Kings have to be wondering wtf after he only had 5 goals all year with them, then pots two his first game with the Flames and against them of all teams too lol.
1/31/07 10:03 AM
MIKEBROOKS

Edited: 31-Jan-07
Woooooooooooooooo! Brooks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.