UnderGround Forums

Jen >> Brabo Choke Defense from Half

1/31/07 5:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pitbullxyz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jan-07

Bolo, I'm not sure if you play the underhook half guard game, but I saw a thread about it on the bjj forum and figured I'd get your opinion on it. How do you stop this choke from the half guard? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElfNHZ6p8Kc&mode=related&search= (video included for reference) Seems like it's the doom for half guard players
2/3/07 9:38 PM
Bolo

Edited: 03-Feb-07
I used the half guard with the underhook, however, I never really worry about that choke. Like many aspects of my game I don't worry about countering individual techniques, but rather getting to the cause of the problem. In this situation, the cause of the problem is a lack of half guard positional control. When I have what I consider "proper control" my opponent cannot effectively turn and face me without significantly off balancing himself. So rather than looking at how to counter the technique once you are in it, work on preventing him from being able to get it in the first place.
2/4/07 3:04 AM
pitbullxyz

Edited: 04-Feb-07
Awesome, I think I understand. When you say 'used' does that mean that you don't play the half guard underhook game anymore?
2/4/07 3:16 AM
Bolo

Edited: 04-Feb-07
I still use it. I think that was just a spelling mistake.
2/22/07 10:18 AM
Ausgepicht

Edited: 22-Feb-07
TiTTy!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.