UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Thanks - thoughts - theories...

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
truart
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Hello All, I propose we use this as our official motto, "TCMS...Training for real fights: No Rules No Limits Know Fear!" Unless of course anybody knows a better one 8-) Tony Torres Va Beach, Va PS Thanks for your help today Phil...Good work(not luck) on your upcoming title offense and yes you will beat the (expletive deleted) out of that (more expletives deleted) Look at me I'm a potty-mouth T.T.
nowaydo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D.H. Lawrence...my favorite author!
3/7/02 12:00 AM
OpenMinded1

ttt
P

I love this place sometimes :)
Varley

Self-Pity

- D.H. Lawrence

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.

A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Funny , when I heard that in the movie , it's one of those things I consciously decided to file *S* .

BTW , Thanx Tony , Kev :-) ... and I liked the paraphrasing *G* !

D.H. Lawrence can be a 'lil dark at times ; studied him in university . Here's another I like :

"The spinning of the sun in its orbit; the change of the tides . . . These are only a few of the things I control in my world."

D.H. Lawrence Cheers , Var

Horatius

Tony, Yeah that Var never ceases to astound!!! He's starting to make me look bad,.... :) Way to go Var, You are Da' Man!! Ok so how 'bout the full poem from GI Jane about the wild thing falls to the ground dead without uttering a sound in complaint , Obviosily, I am paraphrasing hugely!
Horatius

Here's to Var: Prost! Thanks! D.H. Lawrence = a 'lil dark at times Now THERE"S an unerstatement! your welcome. Kevin
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
"In the dark times, the eye begins to see." Gentlemen, For a few days the MENTAL EDGE was more like the MENTAL ON-EDGE forum. This is not the first time this sort of stuff has been pulled, it wont be the last. But thanks for your support. Some may wonder HOW or WHY this sort of stuff can and does go on. Well, its simple, its all about 'imagined' power, 'imagined' money and 'imagined' fights. Bottom-line: Real trainers are out there training people, they do not have time to create conspiracies, they are too busy to play games. It still amazes me at how much time some of the 'supposed' busiest trainers in the world have to play on the Internet... :-) What is most frustrating to me is the duplicity of many of these people who have the arrogance to say things on a forum that they would never dare say in person. In closing, let me apologize for all this. I apologize for how contagious it all is and I'm glad that the forum is re-stabalizing and we can get back to our intelligent interactions. But please respect me and those who have invested in my research and company when we protect our names and reputations. As a Team, I assure you, we would do the same for any of you. Sincerley, Tony Blauer
Amberlyn

Mr. Blauer, You have my utmost respect for how you handled the whole situation. I greatly appreciate the fact that you donate your time to this forum. Thank you for staying, even when you have to deal with so much negative behavior. Amberlyn
Horatius

HERE, HERE!!! I'll drink to that!!! Well said!!! Cheers! "STRENGTH & HONOR"!!
Varley

The complete poem : In A Dark Time In a dark time, the eye begins to see,

I meet my shadow in the deepening shade;

I hear my echo in the echoing wood--

A lord of nature weeping to a tree.

I live between the heron and the wren,

Beasts of the hill and serpents of the den.

What's madness but nobility of soul

At odds with circumstance? The day's on fire!

I know the purity of pure despair,

My shadow pinned against a sweating wall.

That place among the rocks--is it a cave,

Or a winding path? The edge is what I have.

A steady storm of correspondences!

A night flowing with birds, a ragged moon,

And in broad day the midnight come again!

A man goes far to find out what he is--

Death of the self in a long, tearless night,

All natural shapes blazing unnatural light.

Dark, dark my light, and darker my desire.

My soul, like some heat-maddened summer fly,

Keeps buzzing at the sill. Which I is I?

A fallen man, I climb out of my fear.

The mind enters itself, and God the mind,

And one is One, free in the tearing wind.

Theodore Roethke (1964) One of the greatest American poets of the 20th century . Var

Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Wow! I had never read the poem, only seen the quote. Thanks...and Var...are you a BIO computer??? Nice job! T
ironmongoose

HMPH. Smart guy. ;( I'm impressed, Var. You're right, the quote was annoyingly cut off, and every time I try to edit it, I get an error message. Hack my account and correct it for me--I'll be VERY impressed then. Ennyway, it's good to have you here, you have a broad knowledge base, I archive all your references. I have a references fetish. (Now you'll be able to guess my actual occupation. The eight ball says...?) ironmongoose@yahoo.com
ironmongoose

Varley--do you have a LIFE? Not that I'm ungrateful! Really, what's your line of work? How do you get all this stuff???
Varley

*eg* I'll work on it for you ... have the html all hacked out , just need the five digit cust value ... Anything to help out ...*fingers typing feverishly* Var ...but first , I must sleeeep...
Varley

Hi Mongoose , Don't think we've ever spoken . I too am in the medical field , working as a paramedic . If my posts seem to come thru at all hours of the day it's because my clock is eternally messed up after years of working shift work . As far as "How do you get all this stuff???" , I'm not sure I understand the question ? Some of it is my own thinking . Anything in quotes is , of course , taken from anothers' body of work . Don't be fooled into thinking I spend all my time on here *L* The truth is computers and the internet are a bit of a hobby for me . And my forte has always been tracking . Whether thats tracking information , data , or people . It's amazing how efficient it all becomes when you combine a good search engine , some lateral thinking , and a few 'other' tools of the trade *weg* btw , you're not an Edmonton kid , are ya ? I sense , perhaps , a Chinese accent ... *G* So listen , if you ever need something tracked down , give me a holler , I'll be happy to help out . Peace , Var *back to my "stuff"...*______________<|:^0-< Speaking of which , when I look at your bio , your quote appears cut off ... it should be : "A rose has thorns, but the thorns only hurt those who would take the rose. " unknown Kung Fu guy *G*

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.