UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Global warming = liberal agenda?

2/2/07 11:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hubris
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Feb-07

This is the way i see things Liberals are pro-science so they accept the scientific method, and scientific theories such a evolution, physics, chemistry, global warming etc. Conservatives are anti-sceince so they have faith in such things as creationism, intelligent design, and opposing global warming. discuss
2/2/07 11:21 AM
Joe Ray
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It should be said that the only dedicated opponents to global warming are Bush Republicans and oil companies. The Tories in Britain, full of Thatcher and Reagan loving people are now dyed in the wool enviromentalists. They even changed their logo from the torch of liberty to a nice fluffy green English oak tree. All over Europe the science behind climate change is accepted. The only folks you see committed to denying the science and evidence behind man induced climate change are Bush Republicans. It should also be noed that the majority of these same climate change deniers believe America found Saddam Hussein's WMD, that Saddam was in cahoots with Al-Queada to plan and commit the 9/11 attacks and that the evolution is a liberal hoax.
2/2/07 11:23 AM
hubris
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

but like the so-called "theory" of evolution - it's just a theory - the so-called "theory" of global warming has detractors I know a handful of scientists who don't believe in global warming.
2/2/07 11:30 AM
angryinch

"I know a handful of scientists who don't believe in global warming." that's because that's about all there is...a handful. And global warming isn't something to believe IN like a deity or something like that, it just is. The evidence supports it, overwhelmingly. You can make any stupid argument about anything at all, but when the evidence is overwhelmingly against you, well...
2/2/07 11:32 AM
hubris

yes but it's just a theory
2/2/07 11:48 AM
BEEF & CHEESE

A slight warming trend over the last few hundred years is NOT the same as a looming cataclysmic climate change that was caused by those evil capitalists and requires huge, expensive gubment intervention. The former is all that has been documented. The latter is what the tree-huggers are pushing for. It is the same bullshit you get from big government types all the time and is just their latest scare/sales tactic. Enviro-religion should have no place in government policy making. Just like Islam and/or Christianity have no place in government policy making.
2/2/07 11:55 AM
BEEF & CHEESE

You mean "pseudoscience"...
2/2/07 11:55 AM
hubris

Edited: 02-Feb-07 11:55 AM
The latter is what the tree-huggers are pushing for. thanks for responding to this thread BEEF & CHEESE, you have once again exposed the global-warming "scientists" as partisan leftists anti-science!!!
2/2/07 12:26 PM
taba
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

acid rain!!
2/2/07 12:32 PM
BEEF & CHEESE

"thanks for responding to this thread BEEF & CHEESE, you have once again exposed the global-warming "scientists" as partisan leftists" -Most are, some aren't. I can't help it if these studies are funded in a leftist manner and their conclusions always have a leftist solution. A spade is a fucking spade.
2/2/07 12:47 PM
hubris

-Most are, some aren't. I can't help it if these studies are funded in a leftist manner and their conclusions always have a leftist solution. A spade is a fucking spade. it's only leftist because it doesn't fit your ideological point of view
2/2/07 12:52 PM
sonicbionic

"without science there wouldn't be any climate change." "You mean "pseudoscience"..." --Wow, if you can't even understand that it's no wonder you don't believe in global warming.
2/2/07 1:45 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"even "IF" we are not causing global warming we are still shiting all over the earth and should be taking steps forward to find ways of living that dont cause all this shit from happening." People take any criticism of our current way of life as anti-capitalist or anti-Western civilization. Suggesting change sets them off.
2/2/07 1:49 PM
BEEF & CHEESE

Edited: 02-Feb-07 01:55 PM
"it's only leftist because it doesn't fit your ideological point of view" -Its leftist by definition because the solution is to tax and burden the fuck out of the economy. Leftists always attack the free market and blame it for all of society's problems. For the record, the right is no better.
2/2/07 1:51 PM
BEEF & CHEESE

"even "IF" we are not causing global warming we are still shiting all over the earth and should be taking steps forward to find ways of living that dont cause all this shit from happening." -Define the other ways we're "shitting" on the earth.
2/2/07 2:13 PM
hubris

-Its leftist by definition because the solution is to tax and burden the fuck out of the economy. I'm talking about the scientific theory of global warming. The theory itself has no political agenda, it just is. Either you accept it - which the vast majority of scientists are doing - or you don't. Now whether you want to do anything about that, knowing the facts, now that's a different story.
2/2/07 2:46 PM
BEEF & CHEESE

I accept the data that shows a slight warming trend over the last few hundred years. I do not accept the hypothesis that mankind is doing horrible things to the planet to cause this slight warming trend. Therefore, I do not support the leftist politicians that want to spend a fucking shit load of other peoples money to fix their enviro-religion's so called problem. I'm talking to you Al Gore. People of this ilk are no better than the GodHatesFags or KKK tards. Dogma sucks all around...
2/2/07 2:52 PM
hubris

I accept the data that shows a slight warming trend over the last few hundred years. I do not accept the hypothesis that mankind is doing horrible things to the planet to cause this slight warming trend. You accept the data? I seriously doubt you even looked at the data, you're just parroting the currently accepted talking points. I don't believe you're being sincere at all, just come out and say you have a political agenda and you have no clue about science. Therefore, I do not support the leftist politicians that want to spend a fucking shit load of other peoples money to fix their enviro-religion's so called problem. I'm talking to you Al Gore. People of this ilk are no better than the GodHatesFags or KKK tards. Dogma sucks all around... forget the therefore part get an education in science before you figure out whether or not to do anything about it.
2/2/07 2:56 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Feb-07 02:57 PM
"I do not accept the hypothesis that mankind is doing horrible things to the planet to cause this slight warming trend." That seems to be a common thing among conservatives these days--they are finally forced to admit that global warming exists, but they then try to brush it off by saying that man isn't causing it. Unfortunately, science isn't on their side. As usual: Report Blames Global Warming on Humans
2/2/07 3:15 PM
Whambo
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It should be said that the only dedicated opponents to global warming are Bush Republicans and oil companies." And idiot conservatives on here and in the media.
2/2/07 6:39 PM
sonicbionic

"Its leftist by definition because the solution is to tax and burden the fuck out of the economy." --No, it's not. Holy shit, dude. That is the POLITICAL response to global warming. And that response doesn't have to be THE answer to global warming. FREE MARKET CAPITALISM could also take care of the problem, by people choosing to spend their money on green companies and green products. Companies that are major polluters would be forced to get their shit together or fail. Just because you are only focusing on the leftist "solution" to global warming doesn't mean global warming is "leftist by definition," especially when there are right-wing solutions to the problem.
2/2/07 7:17 PM
elgringo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonic, what are some of these right wing solutions?
2/2/07 7:47 PM
BEEF & CHEESE

"get an education in science before you figure out whether or not to do anything about it." -Fuck you if you can't discuss the issue without dropping insults. "That seems to be a common thing among conservatives these days--they are finally forced to admit that global warming exists, but they then try to brush it off by saying that man isn't causing it." -First of all, I am NOT a conservative. And the tree-huggers make the claim that man is destroying the planet and that government should act to fix it. The burden of proof lies with them to prove man is causing it BEFORE they burden the global economy with trillions of dollars in taxes.
2/2/07 8:01 PM
PoundforPound

"The burden of proof lies with them to prove man is causing it..." I posted a link to some proof. Did you read it?
2/2/07 8:06 PM
BEEF & CHEESE

"I posted a link to some proof. Did you read it?" -I read it and a news reort that tells me the conclusions of scientific report sponsored by the UN proves absolutely nothing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.