UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Storing a car questions

2/2/07 1:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Samatikan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Feb-07

Looks like I'll have to keep the Benz in the garage for a while, maybe several months to a year or even more. I have a question about the gas: should I leave it with a full tank? Anything else I should be concerned with?
2/2/07 5:49 PM
ChDnny
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Feb-07
found this 1. Inflate the tires to proper pressure. 2. Change the oil and filter. 3. Fill the gas tank with fresh gas. 4. Add gas stabilizer to the gas and run the car long enough to circulate the stabalized gas. 5. Open a window slightly if stored indoors. 6. If it is a convertable, put the top up. 7. Add an air freshener to the car to avoid "old car odor". 8. Remove all belongings. 9. Clean the interior. 10. Attach a battery maintainer to avoid a flat battery, or install a battery knife switch to disconnect the battery before storage. 11. Lock the doors. 12. Put a cover on the car. yea no gas in tank can cause it to rust over time, sitting fluids in eng can mess up the oil passages and shit like that right? cover so if indoors dust dont mess up the paint cuz. takes wheels off and put it on blocks. i dunno what else
2/16/07 3:38 AM
white_boy

Edited: 16-Feb-07
Most of the time, you drain all the fluids, disconnect the battery, and put it on blocks. When you do start it again after all of those have been replaced and taken care of, check the belts and hoses for rot.
3/6/07 8:32 PM
rkjmd

Edited: 06-Mar-07
ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.