UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> What's your favorite book?

12/30/10 4:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dan O'Connell
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/15/11 12:32 PM
Dbulletproof
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep: Hated it as a kid, read it about once a year now, fantastic book

Birdsong: For everyone who has family who made the ultimate sacrifice during wartime

Dispatches: As close as you'll get to being in 'Nam

Frankenstein: classic

The End of Eternity: Not a classic as such, but an amazing idea related to time travel and the consequences of it

Neuromancer: The atmosphere drips off the pages

Great thread.
2/18/11 11:24 PM
Depressed Bengals Fan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McLeod - Don't ask why: Sphere by Michael Crichton

That is a good book.
8/22/11 11:19 AM
antoniomontana
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A song of Ice and fire series by GRRM.

Also loved the once were warriors trilogy by Alan Duff.
11/19/11 5:39 AM
sicko
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Green Eggs and Ham. No lie. I read that book to all my nieces and nephews, and I've loved it since I was very little.

I'm going to check out some of the other books listed in this thread (for myself, not the kids)
11/28/11 9:44 PM
Litiguy76

"The Underachiever's Manifesto: The Guide to Accomplishing Little and Feeling Great" by Ray Bennett

It's simply wonderful..
5/15/12 1:59 PM
PoWdA101
716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Started reading 1984 after reading this thread. So far it is great and I will be reading more Orwell when I am done.

Also bought One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. I have always wanted to see the movie, I figure I will read the book first and finally watch the movie. As always I am sure the book is better than the movie but I have a theory on that.

If I had to honestly say my favorite book... The DaVinci Code - Dan Brown and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. the books just sucked me in. I read each in one night (all nighters). Great books.
5/30/12 2:02 PM
Honald_Heagan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse

The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson

Lords of the Sea by John R. Hale (non-fiction)
5/30/12 2:29 PM
NeckCranks
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just read "Defending Jacob." Great book. Definitely worth reading.
12/31/12 1:48 AM
RKing85
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lords of Discipline

Had to read it for a grade 11 English class. Enjoyed it so much I went out and bought my own copy and read it probably a half dozen times by now.
3/6/13 5:05 AM
Heikki Mustola
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just read Metro 2033, it was awesome. Played the game first, it was great too but the book is amazing. Cant wait to get my hands on Metro 2034.

Finnish book "ammattina vankikarkuri" is my favorites too. It's written by Jan Jalutsin, he was the most wanted fugitive in northern europe for a while. It's basically his life story. Robbed banks, money transports etc. Really interesting book.

And last, Madventures books.
3/7/13 4:13 AM
Darth_Vladar
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For me it has to be the two books that got me started as a fanatical reader.

Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy

Lord of the rings

Both of those books I have a crazy sweet spot for.
5/25/13 12:17 AM
RockTheVote
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

enders game

armor

gates of fire

6/21/13 10:32 PM
UGCTT_ATLien
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe the Godfather. I love almost everything Puzo wrote.
6/28/13 1:33 PM
Heikki Mustola
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heikki Mustola - Just read Metro 2033, it was awesome. Played the game first, it was great too but the book is amazing. Cant wait to get my hands on Metro 2034.

Finnish book "ammattina vankikarkuri" is my favorites too. It's written by Jan Jalutsin, he was the most wanted fugitive in northern europe for a while. It's basically his life story. Robbed banks, money transports etc. Really interesting book.

And last, Madventures books.

Need to add Anthony Beevor's books, Stalingrad, Berlin 1945 and World War 2.

Oh and Harry Potters. Because fuck, yer a wizard Harry.
6/28/13 8:59 PM
RKing85
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lords of Discipline
6/29/13 2:41 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gates of Fire
9/2/13 2:02 AM
jerrysherry

i am a student, majoring the fuiture design. So the books about furniture and furniture deisgns are my favorite.

11/7/13 9:27 PM
ocianain

Michael Moorcock has many fine series, see;

1. Dancers At The End of Time
2. Elric of Melnibone
3. The Runestaff

Most of his work was updated and reissued in large omnibus volumes, I didn't like them. Look for the single volume DAW issues. 160 pages of action. Good stuff.
11/20/13 12:57 AM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have over 5000 books, just thinking about it makes my brain explode.

Titles off the top of my head:

A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore
Darkness Take My Hand by Dennis Lehane
Savages by Don Winslow
Nobody's Fool by Richard Russo

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.