UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Anything special for cold weather?

2/7/07 8:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Samatikan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Feb-07

In Georgia the temperature will usually get in the teens overnight, but very rarely in the single-digits. So I've never had any problems starting any of my cars in the mornings. Since I'll be moving up to PA, and the temp looks like it regularly gets to the low single-digits and negative digits, what should I worry about in regards to getting my truck going in the mornings? I've heard of cars not being able to start but never paid any attention to this. I have a 2002 Avalanche that I'll be driving up there.
2/7/07 10:57 AM
ChDnny
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Feb-07
dunno too much about it but i heard something like block warmers? this dude from washington said when its cold out they would have these things that hug the engine block or maybe fill engine bay and keep it warmer than it would w/o it. something like plugging it or something
2/20/07 12:27 AM
Corey

Edited: 20-Feb-07
Konquer the Kage MMA
I have a 02 Avalanche also. I live in WI and have never had an issue with the cold. I don't have a block heater or anything. You should be ok.
2/20/07 6:45 PM
Samatikan

Edited: 20-Feb-07
Thanks! I'm doing fine up here, the Av is a great vehicle anyway.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.