UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> beautiful tae kwon do forms

2/7/07 10:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TrevorRice
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Feb-07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5HrEOykyik
2/15/07 11:26 AM
lkfmdc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Feb-07
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5HrEOykyik"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object> It's TMA, but at least it is some sort of technique, still better than the gymnastic and movie-fu you see at most tournaments these days IMO
2/16/07 1:18 PM
sta94
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Feb-07

Looks like Ky Tu Dang from Denmark at the European or World Poomse (forms) Championships, a new WTF event. They used to have only sparring competitions (the ones with chest protectors/hogu & headgear) and only recently started having forms competitions at the international level.

I've been out of the WTF scene for quite a while - GOD!!! I wasted a lot of time doing these forms - not the ones shown on this video, but the ones for lower-ranks. Although it was fun for a bit, got old pretty soon.

2/18/07 8:04 AM
Kolsyrade
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Feb-07
"the gymnastic and movie-fu you see at most tournaments" That is not TMA, That is XMA, which has nothing to do with traditional MA. However much that think they do. The TMA form may have lost their original fighting technique teaching purpose over years of misunderstanding, over-formalization, and change from combat skill to art-form, but at least they have their roots in combat. The acrobatic XMA "lets see how many high kicks I can do without putting my foot down", forms (usually done to music, in events sponsored by beauty products, and surprisingly often by people in Mullet hairdoes) are just a disgrace. And yeah, That is Ky Tu Dang from Denmark (originally Vietnam). Very good TKD Form guy (Im not a great admirer of TKD, but skill is skill).
2/19/07 9:54 AM
BushHog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Feb-07
Nice Technique but i would rather watch my former instructor do his ITF 6th degree and 5th degree hyungs.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.