UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Lucky Arsenal.....

2/13/07 11:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GunFighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Feb-07

Dodgy refereeing, offside goals, players accused of diving, "poor sportmanship", gamesmanship and a late, late comeback - this is more like it, was getting a bit worried by people liking us and saying nice things about us all the time...... :-)
2/13/07 12:04 PM
Shotgun Mick

Henry is a cunt!
2/13/07 12:07 PM
Shotgun Mick

Most ridiculous dive I have ever seen.
2/13/07 6:22 PM
Govnor

I'm confused as to how he didn't get a yellow there?
2/14/07 3:53 AM
Shotgun Mick

Edited: 14-Feb-07
Because he is Thierry Henry.
2/14/07 4:42 AM
GunFighter

Lol at all the recent slagging off of TH14 - this is more what it's about being a Gooner - however, I don't actually think he dived - I think he stumbled - ref obv didn't think he dived otherwise he'd have booked him (he was pretty quick slinging out yellows during the game).... :-) DJ - I actually agree that you prob will beat us tonight - BW def turning into our bogey team in the past few years..... SM - "Most ridiculous dive I have ever seen." - What, even after years of watching Alan Shearer and David Ginola....??? :-)
2/14/07 8:55 AM
Shotgun Mick

Ha, that puts even Cristiano Ronaldo to shame. The only dive I have seen that is close to being as bad as that is Vieira's at Anfield a few years ago. LOL @ "Stumble" Just because you're an Arsenal fan doesn't mean you can't admit it was a disgrace. I also don't understand this 'Oooh we're Arsenal, everyone is always picking on us' mentality. I don't think it's like that at all. In fact I think it's the opposite. If Arsenal put together 4 passes the commentators/pundits etc all jizz in their pants. If an Arsenal player had scored the goal that Martins did at Spurs or that Anelka did against Arsenal you'd still be hearing about it every day. Same with this game, if it was El Hadj Diouf or Ronaldo that had dived like that the commentators and papers and TV (MOTD didn't even show it/SKY didn't comment on it!) would be showing it as how the game is blighted by cheats. My opinion anyway. Henry is being put up as such a golden boy by SKY and the BBC that if he does anything wrong it is brushed under the carpet. I think the majority of us know what he is...a fucking good player but a cheat and a bad loser.
2/14/07 10:47 AM
GunFighter

Edited: 14-Feb-07 10:47 AM
"Ha, that puts even Cristiano Ronaldo to shame. The only dive I have seen that is close to being as bad as that is Vieira's at Anfield a few years ago." Nah - seen a few just as bad as both of them -which is not to say that excuses it at all. "LOL @ "Stumble" Just because you're an Arsenal fan doesn't mean you can't admit it was a disgrace." For someone who normally seems to have a sense of humour I can't believe you didn't see the irony of my comment there - my tongue was very firmly in my cheek when I used the word "stumble" and I do think it was very poor - in fact my exact words at the time were "stay on yer feet you tart" for which I was given a few dirty looks - but then again I thought he dived in the game against ManU but when I saw it on the box later I realised he didn't.... "I also don't understand this 'Oooh we're Arsenal, everyone is always picking on us' mentality. I don't think it's like that at all. In fact I think it's the opposite. If Arsenal put together 4 passes the commentators/pundits etc all jizz in their pants." I don't think we're being picked on at all - we've done shed loads of bad stuff over the years - in fact I said in my original post that I was fed up of everyone being nice about us - it ain't natural.... "If an Arsenal player had scored the goal that Martins did at Spurs or that Anelka did against Arsenal you'd still be hearing about it every day." Think you could substitute "ManUtd" (eg. Rooney), "Chelsea" (eg. Lampard) or "Liverpool" (eg Gerard) for "Arsenal" there (funnily enough all players who have done just as obvious/ridiculous/theatrical dives as TH14 did in their time) - so not fair to blame Arsenal for that - just the way it is with Sky catering to the post-Euro-96 fans - btw, for the record, I enjoyed Martins goal against Sperz immensely.... :-) "Same with this game, if it was El Hadj Diouf or Ronaldo that had dived like that the commentators and papers and TV (MOTD didn't even show it/SKY didn't comment on it!) would be showing it as how the game is blighted by cheats." Prob true - haven't watched the game on the box so didn't know it hadn't been commented on - that surprises me - altho' they have all been slagging him off for his "run-in" with Kirkland - he hasn't got away with that one with the media.... "My opinion anyway. Henry is being put up as such a golden boy by SKY and the BBC that if he does anything wrong it is brushed under the carpet. I think the majority of us know what he is...a fucking good player but a cheat and a bad loser." Maybe - he's not the first and he certainly won't be the last - a certain no. 9 for your boys similar treatment at times - sometimes it's good to be a "bad loser" Still - most interesting discussion on this forum for a while.... :-)
2/14/07 11:06 AM
Shotgun Mick

Fair play you were joking about the stumble comment, my mistake for not picking up on it - I think I've been spending too much time reading the letters on football365 where they are serious about things like that. I just find it irritating that a man who says he hates divers after the Champions League Final is such a hypocrite. He tried to get Puyol sent off in the World Cup with a dive just as ridiculous. I also remember a few years ago when Newcastle won 3-1 at Highbury and Henry went mad with the ref, not for the first time. As Bobby Robson said at the time, "He needs to learn how to lose". I know Shearer was not a saint and he was a dirty fucker when he needed to be but win or lose he always took it and did not have to be held back from confronting the officials. All this bad feeling really stems from the fact that I FUCKING HATE THAT CRAP DANCE HE DOES WITH ADEBAYOR! That and my ex is a gooner!
2/14/07 11:22 AM
GunFighter

Cool - I was surprised you didn't pick up on that but now you say that about F365 and having mooched around on Rivals over the past couple of days I guess can understand why !! :-) I was really disappointed in what he did in the WC - put me off the rest of the comp actually. Don't mind him getting wound up about losing and I've seen a few players get more in the face of and abusive with refs than he has and got away with it - but then I guess we always think players from other teams are worse than ours.... Ok - your prob right re Shearer - seen him giving refs a mouthful when he hasn't liked the decision but don;t remenber seeing him confronting a ref like TH14 did after that NUFC game you mention - altho' that has been the only time he's actually done that that I can remember. "I FUCKING HATE THAT CRAP DANCE HE DOES WITH ADEBAYOR!" - now that I def do agree on - should be a yellow card each at least - but then again, it has helped contribute to people not liking us again so it's not all bad.... :-)
2/14/07 11:26 AM
Shotgun Mick

Seriously I don't remember ever having disliked Arsenal. There are a few clubs I dislike for various reasons but Arsenal has never been one of them. Maybe it was before my time or maybe it's something that is lost up in my neck of the woods.
2/14/07 11:35 AM
GunFighter

80's/90's we def went through a period of not being liked - George Graham era I guess - altho' now you say that, I didn't find a lot of that when I was working up in Newcastle (except when we were actually playing the Toon of course) - plus we have to thank you for Supermac and Pat Howard.... :-)
2/14/07 11:45 AM
Shotgun Mick

We reserve most of our hate for sunderland up here. I was trying to think of more players that have played for both Newcastle and Arsenal but I'm struggling.....
2/14/07 12:00 PM
GunFighter

Geordies / Mackems - Yeah, don't I know it - was on the Princess once with a Geordie mate chatting up a couple of hot/game girls - suddenly my mate pulls me away and says "right, these are no good let's see what else is about" - I said, "why, thy're well up fo it" - he said "nah, we don't want them - they're f@ckin' Mackems" - and that was it..... AFC / NUFC players - yeah, I'm struggling too - shooting off now but will try and think of some tonight - will give me something to think about while the missus is wafflin' on over our V.Day dinner - watch this space.....
2/14/07 1:08 PM
Shotgun Mick

Andy Cole!
2/15/07 4:12 AM
GunFighter

Edited: 15-Feb-07
"Andy Cole!" Blimey - of course - an obvious one - didn't occur to me at all - however, in the middle of our romantic V.Day dinner last night with wor lass going on about something to do with her work a name suddenly came to me...... ......Kenny Sansom....!!!!! :-)
2/15/07 4:17 AM
Shotgun Mick

Good old Kenny! Good game last night. Great penalties.
2/15/07 4:25 AM
GunFighter

Yeah - we do like to make things hard for ourselves and you can't beat a bit of Brazilian magic.... :-) I've lost track a bit - is it UEFA Cup tonight....??
2/15/07 5:43 AM
Shotgun Mick

Last night and tonight. Newcastle play tonight against smoe Belgian team I have never heard of.... Which means they'll beat us.
2/15/07 6:42 AM
GunFighter

Thought so - 2 leg straight KO now - nah, just checked, you'll get thru' this lot and then with a bit of luck get Sperz....
2/15/07 7:43 AM
Shotgun Mick

Draw for the quarters has already been made. We've got Fenerbahce or Alkmaar. Both good teams which we will struggle against. They drew 3-3 last night.
2/15/07 9:11 AM
GunFighter

Ah - didn't realise it was one where you already know the draw for the next round - you're right Fen and Alk are both decent sides - altho' they obv concede goals.... :-)
2/15/07 9:44 AM
Shotgun Mick

Newcastle haven't kept a clean sheet since November :o(
2/15/07 8:15 PM
KurtCorris
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lets leave it at this, it was a dive because he appealled for a penalty, even tho no contact was made. terrible try for a goal, and its a shame someone like henry had to revert to doing that and yes he's a cunt, and denilson is a pile of horse shit
2/16/07 4:08 AM
GunFighter

Edited: 16-Feb-07
"lets leave it at this, it was a dive because he appealled for a penalty, even tho no contact was made. terrible try for a goal, and its a shame someone like henry had to revert to doing that and yes he's a cunt, and denilson is a pile of horse shit" In that case and by that thinking 90% of the players in the Prem are cunts..... And what you've got against Denilson, I don't know - that was a bit random - and also patently untrue....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.