UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Tell me about Marshall U

2/18/07 8:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DaveFu
1958 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Feb-07

My wife is getting a job in Charleston. Marshall is pretty much my only option. I'm going to study psychology. Any info would be appreciated.
2/18/07 8:21 PM
FiatLux
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Feb-07
Why is Marshall your only option? The University of Charleston has a psychology program... Plus there are other schools in the state, so you do have options.
2/20/07 12:14 PM
DaveFu
1958 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Feb-07
A couple of reasons. 1. Money, I'm using my GI Bill to pay for it. So I'll eat 1 yr of non resident tuition and get resident rates since Marshall is a public school. U Charleston isnt. 2. It has to be relatively close to where I'll live with my wife. Shes going to be working in Charleston. If we live on the west side around Nitro St. Albans or Scotts Pass etc. I think, the commute wont be too bad to Huntington. I'm used to driving an hr or so in traffic to work in VA so 40 or so hwy miles is nothing. 3. My grades right now suck due to a failed attempt at college 10 yrs ago, I have a 2.2 gpa and I dont think I can get into U Charleston 4. Marshall has rolling admissions and since it isnt certain I'm moving yet that helps out to.
2/26/07 10:10 PM
rkjmd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Feb-07
Oh.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.