UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> A Theory of Everything

2/19/07 7:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OctaviousBP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Feb-07

Anyone read this book by Ken Wilber? Any thoughts are comments. Just started it myself... seems interesting so far.
2/19/07 11:41 AM
Indrek R.
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I´ve read it. It is ok. I would suggest a critical reading of "Sex, Ecology, Spirituality" if you want to know what Wilber is about. And also "Integral psychology". Theory of everything is too superficial IMO.
2/19/07 8:27 PM
OctaviousBP

... but a good entry point, no? I'm not really sure if I want to know what Wilber is all about yet.
4/3/07 12:37 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Apr-07
questioning everything has been the best thing and the worse thing that has ever happened to me. i say it HAPPENED because it was a visitation. wisdom invited himself in for a drink, bringing with him a host of inescapable cohorts that are parasitic co-dependant bi-products of the mission he is on. and though he introduced them right away, announcing them by name, i still found his presence intoxicating and irresistable
7/14/07 11:31 PM
AlbertEinstein

Edited: 14-Jul-07
This is a book about M theory right? "Narcissistic navel gazing with no real evidentiary support." This is a very new theory with no predictive power thus far. There will of course be no evidence. String theory has been around much longer and it still has virtually no predictive power.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.