UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Zidane playing again

2/21/07 12:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OctaviousBP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Feb-07

One more time anyways... BANGKOK,Thailand -- French football legend Zinedine Zidane, whose career ended with an infamous head-butt in last year's World Cup final, will play a charity match in Thailand this weekend. Zidane will play alongside top southeast Asian players in the northern Thai city of Chiang Mai on Saturday, corporate sponsor Adidas Thailand said. The French striker will play for 20 minutes in the first half with one side, and then switch sides to play for 20 minutes in the second half for the opposition, Adidas said. Among the Asian players appearing in the match are Thai star Piyapong Pue-On, as well as his compatriot Kiatisak "Zico" Senamuang. Other players will come from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. "Donations will be collected at the match to raise money for an AIDS charity in Chiang Mai," Adidas said, adding that there would be no charge for admission. Zidane ended his career with a head-butt on Marco Materazzi in last year's World Cup final in Germany, when Italy went on to defeat France 5-3 on penalties after the match had finished level at 1-1. Zidane, who retired after the game, had put France ahead with a penalty kick before Materazzi headed the equalizer. Source: CNN Probably my all time favourite player. I'd like to lead in with a high-five and then bait and switch for a head-butt... but I think it's too soon.
2/21/07 3:12 PM
invalid
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Feb-07
Pretty sweet. I was disappointed when MLS could talk him into coming back and playing. Then again, I'd rather get shot in the face than play for NY lol.
2/22/07 4:34 PM
funk samurai

Edited: 22-Feb-07
He's a piece of trash as a person. Got caught wearing a tshirt at La Guardia that had an italian flag with a red x over it. Materazzi is still in this dudes head it seems. He'll never admit he was wrong
2/23/07 1:27 AM
Yougottawanna

Edited: 23-Feb-07
"He's a piece of trash as a person. Got caught wearing a tshirt at La Guardia that had an italian flag with a red x over it." Damn you don't have to do much to qualify as a "piece of trash" these days do you? Zidane is all right IMO.
2/26/07 2:27 AM
OctaviousBP

Edited: 26-Feb-07
Well... that piece of trash sure did a lot for charity on Saturday. He was at the field for hours in the blistering sun, signing autographs and having pictures taken with him.
2/26/07 5:53 PM
funk samurai

Big fucking deal, all the charities in the world won't buy him an ounce of class. I want to see if Marco Materazzi got caught wearing a tshirt of a french flag with an x on it, how well would that go over in France?
2/26/07 7:44 PM
threeeleven

^^ link of pic or source for zidane?
2/26/07 9:18 PM
Yougottawanna

"I want to see if Marco Materazzi got caught wearing a tshirt of a french flag with an x on it, how well would that go over in France?" ????? Is this tshirt thing honestly what you're pissed about? Drawing an x over the flag of the country that beat you in the world cup final is nothing. That's like a 2 on the 1-10 scale of shit-talking.
2/27/07 8:07 PM
OctaviousBP

Edited: 27-Feb-07
"Big fucking deal, all the charities in the world won't buy him an ounce of class" I beg to differ...
5/11/07 1:05 AM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-May-07
"I want to see if Marco Materazzi got caught wearing a tshirt of a french flag with an x on it, how well would that go over in France?" Marco Materazzi is a racist shit talking bastard
5/12/07 1:09 AM
funk samurai

Edited: 12-May-07
"Marco Materazzi is a racist shit talking bastard " How so, this is the first i've ever heard of him being a racist.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.