McGregor reportedly taken into custody, released, over alleged indecent exposure complaint

Agence France-Presse reports that former UFC champ champ Conor McGregor was questioned by police in Corsica, France on Thursday. Reports of what happened are murky, with one report alleging it took place in a bar. There is a further lack of information on what McGregor is alleged to have done.

“Following a complaint filed on September 10 denouncing acts that could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition, Mr. Conor Anthony Mac Gregor (sic) was the subject of a hearing by the gendarmerie services,” said the prosecutor’s office in the Corsican city of Bastia in a statement on Saturday.

McGregor’s legal representative on the French island, Emmanuelle Ramon, said the fighter was released on Saturday without being charged; the attorney characterized the complaint against McGregor as “abusive”.

A rep for McGregor issued a statement to TMZ Sports: “Conor McGregor vigorously denies any accusations of misconduct. He has been interviewed and released.”

McGregor had been preparing to join Princess Charlene of Monaco in a 110 mile water bike relay race from the Island of Corsica to Monaco’s Yacht Club, to promote water safety awareness. He has since withdrawn. However, his four-man ‘Team Notorious’ is as of this writing ahead of defending champions ‘Team Serenity’.

Further details will doubtless emerge, but, despite McGregor’s well-publicized legal issues, so far, this one appears to be much ado about nothing.

Join the discussion on this topic...