Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground 10 interesting hall of famer stats

15 days ago
10/20/07

15 days ago
10/20/07

The Trish Stratus one was most surprising to me

15 days ago
1/1/01

Flair probably has a losing record for most years.

Edited: 14 days ago
11/11/11

Those stats are ridiculous and irrelevant from a performer stand point. Only one that actually seemed to matter was the Sting one. His wwe run was a travesty

Losing several straight ppvs might matter from a heat or character standing.

No one cares if they lose every summerslam or whatever stupid ppv. Hell no one even was aware taker was undefeated at mania until he was like more than halfway through his streak

14 days ago
7/12/12

Personally, I always wondered what the big deal was with Andre considering he never got off the SummerSlam schneid, and to get into the HOF in spite of that? Ridiculous.

14 days ago
7/12/12

But seriously, those are the most meaningless stats of all time, and WWE surely doesn't wish for the fans to forget them, because nobody cares to know them to begin with, aside from Jake and Sting. But of course it's just a textbook clickbait headline, and for that it probably works well enough. It's probably the most marky article ever written, and quite hilarious to that end. All it shows in the end is how little any of those things matter separated from wider contexts, again aside from the Sting thing.

As for Jake's lack of title reigns, it's a product of his era. Fans weren't so fixated on the idea that every high-end talent "deserves" a world title run, and Jake was always "above" the IC title and WWF tag team scene. Now the Sting shitshow, well, our resident bear covered it.

Sorry to crap on your post, Festus, I enjoy your contributions to the forum.

14 days ago
1/1/01

The writer knows wrestling is fake, right?

12 days ago
5/1/14

The Jake Roberts one was most surprising to me.

12 days ago
5/4/04

Sting was too late to the show.  You cant have a 55 year old guy come in and run through the homegrown talent.

7 days ago
7/21/18

Pretty pointless stats really

6 days ago
1/8/04
RKing85 - 

The writer knows wrestling is fake, right?

Yeah, this is exactly what I was going to say. He is looking at these records like it is the boxing or MMA HOFs.

6 days ago
1/8/04
Thrill Hammer - 

The Jake Roberts one was most surprising to me.

He won the Million Dollar belt.