22 days ago
12/1/11
1hitwonder -

Maybe it's just me but seemed like bad planning to have Owens Joe and Seth at the end. There was no surprise at 30. After seeing Owens and Joe it simply reminded you that Seth was not out yet. I would have rather Seth been 29 and save Edge as a suprise for 30. 

If Edge was winning the rumble it would have made sense for him to be #30, but sounds like he is for at least Wrestlemania season so they probably needed him in earlier to set up the program.

22 days ago
12/1/11

According to a report from Pwinsider, Sasha Banks was originally scheduled to be part of the Women's Royal Rumble match. Prior to the show, something changed and her spot was given to Kelly Kelly.

As of this writing, there is no word on why Sasha was pulled from the match.

22 days ago
9/24/18
SuperKamiGuru - 
TheBearStare -
Size -

Wasn't watching much wrestling in '10-'11, had no idea Edge returned from his first retirement in '03/'04/'05. Must have heard about it, but just forgot.

He came back from retirement before?! He wrestled too?

He wasnt retired was injured for a long time i think like all of 03 and then he got traded to raw after wrestlemania 20

He had neck fusion surgery in Feb of 2003 and returned just after WM 2004. He never retired during that time, was always returning when he was healthy. 

He looked great but knowing the issues he's had with his neck he should just do the big shows like Mania and SS rather than coming back even part time. 

22 days ago
9/24/18
RumBarLife - 

So Mania looks like - 

McIntyre vs Lesnar 

Roman vs Fiend 

Edge vs AJ Styles? Orton? Rollins?

HHH vs ? 

Edge vs AJ would be great. I'll be nervous as fuck when they do the Styles Clash but it would be a great match. 

22 days ago
10/27/10

So maybe the brock altercation with riddle was true... and riddles punishment was him getting taken out so quick by corbin

22 days ago
3/2/11

Great Rumble match, haven't seen the rest.

Do they purposefully edit away from the curb stomp now?

22 days ago
4/18/15

I remember when Edge retired in 2011 I thought we would never see him come back, Edge is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, and to see him back in 2020

22 days ago
1/1/01

Anyone else notice that Brock's storyline in the men's rumble was just a more extreme version of Bianca Bel Air's in the women's?

i.e. - start the rumble, be booked super strong, last roughly 30 mins, get more eliminations than anyone else, get unexpectedly eliminated by the eventual winner

And that Edge's was a similar story to Beth's?

i.e. - surprise entrant in the middle of the match, have a good showing, pull off signature move, former a "partnership" with an old friend, be one of the last few in the match, eliminate said friend

They were definitely pulling from the same story pool for both matches.

22 days ago
12/1/11

22 days ago
12/1/11

22 days ago
9/22/16
AnthonyWeiner - AJ looks to be injured, and needed out.

This was correct.

He dislocated his shoulder with the flip-sell on Edge's spear. He's going to be out a while.

:(
22 days ago
3/12/14

Really enjoyed that RR

Funny to me that any good will Roman has been building went out the window the second it looked like he had a shot at winning the rumble.

22 days ago
7/12/12
Size -
TheBearStare -
Size -

Wasn't watching much wrestling in '10-'11, had no idea Edge returned from his first retirement in '03/'04/'05. Must have heard about it, but just forgot.

He came back from retirement before?! He wrestled too?

I don't remember it, but they said he retired in '11 and won the 2010 Rumble!

I was wrong (obviously), I could have sworn I remembered breaking the news to someone I haven't talked to since '06, at a place he lived years earlier, particularly remembering the disbelief from my friend that he up and retired for real so suddenly. But it was a different friend, lol.

Surprised he came back, I remember (I swear) Edge talking shortly after retirement about how he wouldn't miss it as much as you'd think, that he didn't plan to wrestle much longer anyway, and didn't plan to work in any wrestling/WWE related capacity going forward (which at least lasted til podcasting took off, aside from a couple one-offs). But as always, such talk is BS from a wrestler.

22 days ago
5/1/10

Best Rumble match in a very long time.

Shame that some goof in the truck cut to a crowd shot when Edge nailed his first spear. There were a few examples of poor directing, but that one was the most egregious.

22 days ago
10/27/10
Van Terminator -

Shame that some goof in the truck cut to a crowd shot when Edge nailed his first spear. There were a few examples of poor directing, but that one was the most egregious.

Same shit with edges entrance. Get the fucking cameras off the crowd you fucking goons. 

22 days ago
3/26/02

My RR thoughts:

It was a good card, and this is coming from someone who hasn't watched SD or RAW in a while.

They could have gone a litter further with the port-a-potty spot and had Corbin come out with fake shit stained clothing.

It has become acceptable to boo Roman again- so I guess he somehow main events WM again.

Asuka needs to display her breasts more often; they were delightful. I like Rebecca Quinn, but Becky Lynch I don't see as good as Asuka, Charlotte, Io, Kairi, Sasha, or Bayley. Yet, she is in the top spot.

No Rousey or Sasha in the Rumble? I could Ronda not being there if she's not ready to come back, but Sasha is under contract and is the biggest female star on the roster, after Becky and Charlotte.

I didn't expect Lesnar to win, but that was still a "holy shit" moment when Drew eliminated him.

Edge looked great, but I hope his is VERY selective about who he works with- neck injuries are nothing to screw with.

22 days ago
7/12/12

I thought Ronda was gonna win the women's Rumble.

21 days ago
10/15/06
Juggernautt - 
Van Terminator -

Same shit with edges entrance. Get the fucking cameras off the crowd you fucking goons. 

Haven't watched WWE in years, and noticed the camera was off in a lot of decent spots or reactions. Was kind of crazy I thought.
21 days ago
10/15/06
AtomicElbow - My RR thoughts:

It was a good card, and this is coming from someone who hasn't watched SD or RAW in a while.

They could have gone a litter further with the port-a-potty spot and had Corbin come out with fake shit stained clothing.

It has become acceptable to boo Roman again- so I guess he somehow main events WM again.

Asuka needs to display her breasts more often; they were delightful. I like Rebecca Quinn, but Becky Lynch I don't see as good as Asuka, Charlotte, Io, Kairi, Sasha, or Bayley. Yet, she is in the top spot.

No Rousey or Sasha in the Rumble? I could Ronda not being there if she's not ready to come back, but Sasha is under contract and is the biggest female star on the roster, after Becky and Charlotte.

I didn't expect Lesnar to win, but that was still a "holy shit" moment when Drew eliminated him.

Edge looked great, but I hope his is VERY selective about who he works with- neck injuries are nothing to screw with.

It got quite a workout at the rumble. I couldn't believe the amount of bumps he took on his head neck and shoulder area.
12 days ago
1/1/01

Worker safety level increased with the absence of Nia Jax.