9 days ago
1/1/01
The Destroyer88 - 
Wiggy -
Koma - 

AEW destroyed WWE to the point of no recovery. Wasn’t even close. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see HHH on AEW next week.

I don't think NXT even did an actual show tonight - it was all interviews and video packages.

Vince will shit a brick when he sees the ratings that are bound to result.

The first hour of Raw was them replaying the Rumble match. Can't imagine what those ratings looked like, seeing Brock destroy half the roster.

As I understand it, Raw only had one match - the rest was the Rumble, promos, and Austin's bit.

Last Friday's SD I think had 3 matches, a couple promos, and the Elimination Chamber tag match.

9 days ago
6/22/12
Wiggy -

I wish there coulda been a crowd for the Hardy reveal - they'd have gone absolutely apppppppppppe shit.

That said, this show absolutely blew anything WWE has done since covid went down out of the water - by a LOT.

It would of been one of the greatest debuts of all time and major moment in wrestling history, with no crowd it just felt weird

9 days ago
4/5/02
I'm so thankful for AEW. It's not perfect, but it's fun. I laugh at the fun stuff (Jericho calling him Handwash Page was so stupid but so funny) and everyone seems happy to be there, which makes me have more fun watching. Plus, it's not forcing the same shit down my throat each week. I can't stand WWE. I even had to cancel the network a few months ago. I just hate everything about it, even the production at this point.
9 days ago
8/27/11

Sammy singing Jericho’s theme was fun. 

everyone seems so happy to be there. 

Edited: 9 days ago
8/14/12

Inner circle are bunch of jerks

9 days ago
12/28/12

Great show. They advanced their stories and made a small tweak to make the situation work. Everyone was having fun and it made the product better. 

9 days ago
1/1/01

This AEW show is actually watchable. It's not all Grey and dark like raw. They have light and Pyro. It's not all that flat and blowing with the other wrestlers in the audience making noise and yelling stuff and booing. Good stuff so far plus you gotta love Pentagon Jr. 

9 days ago
9/22/16
I loved MJF cheering in Spanish. "Trey, ref! TREY!"
9 days ago
1/1/01

Call me crazy, but this ended up one of my favorite episodes of AEW as a whole so far.

9 days ago
1/1/01
AnthonyWeiner - I loved MJF cheering in Spanish. "Trey, ref! TREY!"

"El escape-o! El tag out-o!!"

9 days ago
1/1/01

Also movingly the camera to the ramp instead of keeping pointed at the empty audience was genius! 

9 days ago
5/5/14
Wiggy -

Call me crazy, but this ended up one of my favorite episodes of AEW as a whole so far.

I thought this too, between Sammy singing, Jericho on commentary,  Cody's epic promo, Exalted one reveal and that badass promo, the Matt Hardy debut, and the boys in the crowd hyping everything,  this was a hell of an episode. Hopefully we get another one next week.

9 days ago
11/1/00

Adam "Handswash" Page was on the graphic, so Jericho's joke was just making fun of that.   Jericho's comments were great.   

The MJF and Spears interaction was fun.   I was hoping for Tully and Arn to speak on camera.   

Great episode 

9 days ago
1/1/01

The way they promoted the upcoming matches for the "next Dynamite" and not "next week on Dynamite" makes me think they're not going to have a show next week. Hopefully I'm just reading too much into it though, I'd love another show like this 

9 days ago
1/1/01

I don't think a decision has been made one way or the other, yet. They were likely just using that terminology to cover themselves in the event they do have to cancel next week.

Which I *really* hope they don't.

9 days ago
3/7/05
I think it really shows a gap between people that have worked small crowds vs those that use big crowds to hide their deficiencies.
9 days ago
12/28/12
grizz632 -

The way they promoted the upcoming matches for the "next Dynamite" and not "next week on Dynamite" makes me think they're not going to have a show next week. Hopefully I'm just reading too much into it though, I'd love another show like this 

They maybe should’ve recorded a couple weeks while they had the talent out there. But if they do have to take a few weeks off, I think now is a good time. They can reintroduce the new guys in front of a live crowd and get that pop they deserved.

9 days ago
7/10/17

Just got through watching my recording of last nights show.  AEW'S empty no crowd product was in my view 1000 x more entertaining then wwe and that's being generous,  I know others have said similar things here - I was already enjoying AEW much more they stepped up entirely though in circumstances where WWE did not - solid solid stuff last night.  

8 days ago
3/7/05
evh - 
grizz632 -

They maybe should’ve recorded a couple weeks while they had the talent out there. But if they do have to take a few weeks off, I think now is a good time. They can reintroduce the new guys in front of a live crowd and get that pop they deserved.

I would be surprised if they had not banked up a few weeks worth of shows at one taping. If they didn't they should have.
Edited: 8 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam -
evh - 
grizz632 -

I would be surprised if they had not banked up a few weeks worth of shows at one taping. If they didn't they should have.

They taped “additional content” and most of the talent stayed through today per some of the TNT production crew. Not sure how/if it will be used.

8 days ago
12/30/03
BigWilliam - I think it really shows a gap between people that have worked small crowds vs those that use big crowds to hide their deficiencies.

I think WWE is just so scripted and rehearsed that without a crowd it looks really awkward to watch. 

WWE even makes their wrestlers have segmented entrances where they have to have a ramp pose, apron pose, center ring pose, corner pose, ect. They were actually doing them to the empty crowd. How absurd is that? At least Sasha and Bayley made light of it. 

I really think AEW is on the right track to taking over pro-wrestling. They could use some fixes as well but AEW is actually fun to watch right now.

8 days ago
5/13/05
WrestlingSucks -
BigWilliam - I think it really shows a gap between people that have worked small crowds vs those that use big crowds to hide their deficiencies.

I think WWE is just so scripted and rehearsed that without a crowd it looks really awkward to watch. 

WWE even makes their wrestlers have segmented entrances where they have to have a ramp pose, apron pose, center ring pose, corner pose, ect. They were actually doing them to the empty crowd. How absurd is that? At least Sasha and Bayley made light of it. 

I really think AEW is on the right track to taking over pro-wrestling. They could use some fixes as well but AEW is actually fun to watch right now.

It was organic when Austin and the Rock did it. I think the whole pose thing became lame when they really began to choreagraph HHH's. 

8 days ago
11/11/11
cyberc92 -
WrestlingSucks -

It was organic when Austin and the Rock did it. I think the whole pose thing became lame when they really began to choreagraph HHH's. 

This. Its all pandering now and playing a part. It was very organic and natural when the Austin and rock did it.

Even when hhh introduced the big long chorepgraphed entrance, it was unique because he was the only big name doing it and was one of the first. It doesn't work when every jackass on the roster has a unique overly choreographed entrance including the jobbers

8 days ago
1/1/01

I just call Cody now for updates
7 days ago
12/10/16

I legimitlately got chills when that piano music started to play. So fucking hyped for Matt Hardy.