Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Badd Blood 1997 - Taker vs HBK

11 days ago
9/24/18

Easily my favourite match of all time. A close 2nd was just a few months before this Bret vs Austin at Mania 13 but I have Hell in a Cell ahead of it. Shawn was bumping around like a fucking maniac here. You can see why Mick Foley a few months later felt like he had to do something crazy to try and live up to the standard that Shawn had set in HIAC 1. Taker supposedly couldn't stand Shawn around this time either but when they got in the ring together they were gold (like Bret and Austin). Enjoy!
11 days ago
5/12/11

I was there.  My 15 year old girlfriend got in a fight with her grandma right before we left for the show and took a handful of pills and didn't tell me.  She fell asleep at the show, didn't think much of it.  When Undertaker's music hit, she woke up and freaked out.  They stretchered her to the back and then took her to Cardinal Glennon hospital where she went into a coma for two days after having her stomach pumped.  Good times.

11 days ago
9/10/13
thekev1130 -

I was there.  My 15 year old girlfriend got in a fight with her grandma right before we left for the show and took a handful of pills and didn't tell me.  She fell asleep at the show, didn't think much of it.  When Undertaker's music hit, she woke up and freaked out.  They stretchered her to the back and then took her to Cardinal Glennon hospital where she went into a coma for two days after having her stomach pumped.  Good times.

Jesus Christ. I hope yall still together

11 days ago
9/24/18
thekev1130 - 

Damn, hope she was alright!

On the flipside though, you got to go backstage?

11 days ago
11/13/14
thekev1130 -

Did you at least stay and watch the match? 

11 days ago
1/8/04
Kane's debut.

And LMFAO @ "On the flipside though, you got to go backstage?"
11 days ago
10/27/03
Kwang -
thekev1130 -

Did you at least stay and watch the match? 

This is the most important part and it’s missing from the story

11 days ago
1/14/12

Was this around the time Taker had to physically threaten Shaun a few ties due to his attitude and not being cooperative.

10 days ago
10/27/03

Such an epic match. One of my all time favourites as well.
The back and forth, Taker eating everyone of Shawn's signature moves for the finish and then sitting up after the Sweet Chin Music.
Shawn freaking and trying to escape. Ending up on top of the cage.
All so good.

The only thing that stops it from being my no.1 is the non-finish appearance of Kane ruining the ending.
10 days ago
11/11/11

Doesnt Shawn do a blade job right before the catapult(cant remember the name) so he is bleeding in midair before hitting cage well or so?

Edited: 10 days ago
7/12/12
TheBearStare -

Doesnt Shawn do a blade job right before the catapult(cant remember the name) so he is bleeding in midair before hitting cage well or so?

I remember that, but don't recall actually seeing the blood before the bump. Awesome match, iconic camera shot when Michaels falls off the cell from halfway up and does his groggy, weakly flailing arms bit, trying to get up with his face covered in blood.

10 days ago
7/12/12
thekev1130 -

I think you mean "took her to a medical facility."

10 days ago
3/12/14
TheBearStare -

I believe so. Its mentioned by Conrad on the episode of Something to Wrestle covering it.

10 days ago
3/12/14
BigTedBear -

Was this around the time Taker had to physically threaten Shaun a few ties due to his attitude and not being cooperative.

I think that's around WM 14

10 days ago
1/8/04
Conor McGazelle - 
BigTedBear -

And this was like 4 months before WM14.
10 days ago
5/12/11
Jones right nostril -
thekev1130 - 

Damn, hope she was alright!

On the flipside though, you got to go backstage?

I did get to go back to the EMT room or whatever it is.  They were grilling me on what she had taken, like it was recreational.  I had no idea that she had taken anything.  My two buddies that were with us left the room and watched on a monitor in the hallway.  They say they they saw Shawn getting stitched up, but I didn't see him.

10 days ago
9/24/18
TheBearStare -

If you watch closely he has the blade in his hand before he hits the superkick on taker 

10 days ago
9/24/18
FingerorMoon -
The back and forth, Taker eating everyone of Shawn's signature moves for the finish and then sitting up after the Sweet Chin Music.
All so good.

The only thing that stops it from being my no.1 is the non-finish appearance of Kane ruining the ending.

You thought Kane ruined the ending? I thought it was great storytelling and made the finish memorable. 

10 days ago
10/27/03
Jones right nostril -
FingerorMoon -
All so good.

You thought Kane ruined the ending? I thought it was great storytelling and made the finish memorable. 

It’s historically important I guess.

But if a match ends because of interference then I can’t put it in the top 10.

10 days ago
3/12/14
Siciliano di Brooklyn -
Conor McGazelle - 
BigTedBear -

Jesus, that's right. Amazing how much happened in this time period.

I meant specifically him dropping the title to Austin. 

10 days ago
10/27/03
Conor McGazelle - 
Siciliano di Brooklyn -
Conor McGazelle - 
BigTedBear -

Jesus, that's right. Amazing how much happened in this time period.

I meant specifically him dropping the title to Austin. 

HBK/Taker did their previous match where DX heavily interfered, hence the new cell here to ensure DX couldn't.
After this there was the DX PPV and then Royal Rumble 98 that had HBK/Taker in the casket match. That was the match where Shawn got thrown on to the casket and destroyed his spine, forcing him to retire and have the steel rod inserted.

He was doped up on painkillers and acting erratically between RR98 and WM14. I don't think anyone realised how bad the injury actually was. You can tell how messed up he is in that WM14 match.

8 days ago
7/21/18

Such a good time for WWE. I had this event on vhs and watch it over and over. Easily one of my favourite and most memorable matches. The kane interference was brilliant, don’t know how that would of ruined it like someone said above