Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Becky Lynch reportedly pregnant

25 days ago
9/22/16
I cannot wait for next week, when Lashley is revealed to be the father, then beats the fuck out of Seth for five months in a row, before Seth is released.
25 days ago
2/8/09

So is Becky retired then?

25 days ago
8/19/03
Koma -

"How stupid do you have to be to get knocked up while you're champion?"

"That kid's gonna suck. You know who the father is? I rest my case."

- Shayna Baszler reacting to the Becky Lynch pregnancy news

This was a rare instance of someone on WWE being funny and entertaining. 

I've quickly become a big fan of Baszler.  She's been doing a really good job.

25 days ago
1/1/01

25 days ago
9/24/18
BRZ -

Don’t see why she would need to retire .. maybe come back and work a reduced schedule? 

Edited: 25 days ago
1/1/01

If Becky has a half a brain and even a remote desire of trying to ever have a good run again, she needs to take her already good social media game, crank it to 11, and keep it there for the ENTIRE time she's out. Then when Vince inevitably brings her back for the pop we all know she'll get, hope like hell that she's still so over with the crowd that Vince has no choice but to push her again.

(Though let's be honest - the only one that's done something like that on any meaningful level was Daniel Bryan.)

I know I'm gonna come off as an asshole here - congrats to her for having a kid and I do sincerely hope she's happy. But let's take an objective look at the situation:

--she's one of the top 3-5 most over talents in the entire company

--she's arguably the most over full-time talent

--she's current Raw women's champ, been that for over a year, was given the win in the first ever women's main event at WrestleMania, and is the longest ever Raw women's champ

--^that meaning she's basically the face of the women's division across all three brands

--ratings now are in the shitter and viewership is the lowest it's ever been, meaning she's needed now more than ever

--she's needed even more considering their other (arguably) most over (or at least least popular) talent Roman Reigns has pulled himself off tv indefinitely due to a fucking worldwide pandemic

Unless news comes out to the contrary, this wasn't a case like Honda where she said "hey - I'm gonna wanna take time off at XYZ date to have a kid"...which isn't gonna happen given the way she gave up the belt without putting anyone over.

This also isn't a case like Maria Kanellis where yeah, her revealing being preggers was unexpected, but her being on tv or not isn't really a needle mover.

And all this is because of something that could (should?) have been avoided...or at least planned.

Whether or not you think she should be loyal to WWE (God knows they've handed out shit sandwhiches to a lot of people lately), this is about your own career. We all know Vince is petty AF, but even if he wasn't - if you were him, would you ever give the proverbial ball to / push someone who, right, wrong, intentional, or not, put themselves on the shelf when they were one of the top people in the company *and* was needed the most?

If her & Seth stay together and Seth continues to get endless pushes, maybe she'll have that going for her.

And maybe Vince will let her play by different rules the way he does Brock or a very few others.

But chances are damn good she just gave Vince every reason to not ever put her over in any major way ever again.

25 days ago
1/1/01
Congratulations to Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins!
25 days ago
1/1/01
"Don’t see why she would need to retire .. maybe come back and work a reduced schedule? "

She should stay home and raise her kid, at least as much as possible, especially while the kid is young.
25 days ago
1/14/12

If she’s happy and planned it fine but if she had waited a few years she probably would not need to go back to WWE.

I have never been a fan of hers but she had a lot just starting to happen for her Hollywood and TV opportunities seems bad timing.

25 days ago
5/13/05

Congrats to Becky. I am not sure if she will return as she has said she accomplished everything she wanted to do in WWE and she always wanted to be a mom.

https://people.com/parents/becky-lynch-pregnant-expecting-first-child-seth-rollins-exclusive/

"I've always, always wanted kids," Lynch tells PEOPLE of her pregnancy. "I'm just so career-focused that it became one of those things that, when you're chasing a dream for so long, I always wondered, 'Am I going to get around to it? Is it going to happen for me?' "

Those dreams finally began to fall into place when she and Rollins, 33, began dating. The two went public with their relationship for the first time in May 2019 with a black-and-white picture of them sharing a kiss. This was followed by their engagement three months later in August.

"When we got together, things started to look a lot clearer and I knew he was the person that I wanted to have kids with — that this was going to happen and it was just a matter of when," Lynch explains.

"Seth is one of the smartest people I know," the star, who is originally from Ireland, says of her fiancé. "He's just got an insane work ethic, insane integrity and he is the most generous, kindhearted person."

"He's very, very focused on what the right thing to do is and always looking to grow and correct himself and be better so he can be the best person for me, and now, the best father," she continues.

The couple first found out they were expecting after Lynch went through a number of pregnancy tests in April. Though the first one came out negative, Lynch followed her instincts and bought a digital test that confirmed what she suspected.

"I took the first one wrong," Lynch recalls. "Then I took a few more tests until I got a digital one that just said the word 'Pregnant.' I was with Seth at the time and he just threw his hands up in the air, all excited!"

For the mom-to-be, the news came with a wealth of emotions. "Of course, you start to become nervous, too, because you've lived your whole life as thinking for yourself and yourself alone," she tells PEOPLE.

"Now you have this whole other person that you have to look after and grow, and make sure that you're doing everything that you possibly can to make sure that they are the healthiest and the safest that they can be," she continues. "But we're just so, so excited. Just so excited for how much love we're going to give that little thing."

When it comes to returning to the ring, Lynch says she won't be making a decision any time soon. "It's just such a joyous time and then such a sad time too. I loved this and I've given my life to this. I've achieved everything that I want to achieve in this business," she explains.

"I don't know what the next chapter is because I only know what it's like to think for myself when I'm by myself," Lynch tells PEOPLE. "So I don't know what it'll look like and how my priorities shift and what I'm going to want in the future. So, everything's open."

She and Rollins had planned to marry at the end of May, but that is now on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic. But Lynch says the couple is simply enjoying how "great" engaged life has been so far, and happy they'll have an extra guest when the wedding finally happens.

"We'll get around to that," Lynch says of the upcoming event. "There's no rush, and now we'll have a little flower girl or a page boy."

25 days ago
11/11/11
Jones right nostril -
BRZ -

Don’t see why she would need to retire .. maybe come back and work a reduced schedule? 

Who the hell watches her kid when both mom and dad are on the road?

24 days ago
7/12/12
TheBearStare -
Jones right nostril -
BRZ -

Who knows how much the E will be on the road in the future. House shows might be done with.

24 days ago
7/12/12
Jones right nostril -

Not a bad time to do it though, really. 

When she's ready to come back things might be starting to get back to normal. 

Indeed, she's 33, pregnancy is only gonna get more and more risky from here.

24 days ago
1/1/01

LOVED Shayna's rant about it.  Solid gold.  "That kid's gonna suck" is the best line of the year.  Im a bigger and bigger Shayna fan every day.  

24 days ago
8/19/03
tj tapper -

LOVED Shayna's rant about it.  Solid gold.  "That kid's gonna suck" is the best line of the year.  Im a bigger and bigger Shayna fan every day.  

She's killing it.

It's so rare to have a female performer who isnt just tits and ass, or some fat slob that they try to push just because she's bigger than everyone else.

Shayna has the "it" factor in her own special way.

She needs to get the fuck out of WWE ASAP before they ruin her career and turn her into a clownshow.

24 days ago
2/29/16

She looked so awkward when giving up the belt.

24 days ago
1/1/01
WaltJ - 
tj tapper -

She's killing it.

It's so rare to have a female performer who isnt just tits and ass, or some fat slob that they try to push just because she's bigger than everyone else.

She needs to get the fuck out of WWE ASAP before they ruin her career and turn her into a clownshow.

I loved Shayna in NXT - esp with Duke and Shaffir there to back her up (though they never did much on their own and often got beat when they actually wrestled).

I actually wish she was still there instead of the main roster.

24 days ago
8/19/03
Wiggy -
WaltJ - 
tj tapper -

She's killing it.

I loved Shayna in NXT - esp with Duke and Shaffir there to back her up (though they never did much on their own and often got beat when they actually wrestled).

I actually wish she was still there instead of the main roster.

Yeah, NXT seems to be the only place where people can still hide.

24 days ago
9/24/18
TheBearStare -
Jones right nostril -
BRZ -

If she’s turning up for one day of work per week it doesn’t take a genius to find sitters for a child for 1-2 days ... I’m sure they have family or could hire a nanny to help. What a dumb question lol 

23 days ago
11/11/11
Jones right nostril -
TheBearStare -
Jones right nostril -
BRZ -

If she’s turning up for one day of work per week it doesn’t take a genius to find sitters for a child for 1-2 days ... I’m sure they have family or could hire a nanny to help. What a dumb question lol 

Not all parents are comfortable leaving a newborn with others

16 days ago
6/9/16

Jim Cornette's take:

"You can’t always be on top of the wrestling business in a $1 million a year spot or more, but you can [have a baby] — what is she? Can she be 30? [Lynch is 33] Well, still she’s got many more years before the f*cking Easy Bake Oven gets shut off. She can have all those problems like a descended stomach and stretch marks and hemorrhoids and hormones problems and mood swings and all those other joys of motherhood later on WHEN SHE AIN’T MAKING A MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!!

She’s got plenty of time left. What would you do if your wife came home and said instead of making a million dollars next year I’m gonna basically just be a raging bitch for the next nine months and then give you more sh*t to worry about around the house?!"

Seth Rollins' response:

"I don’t really want to take too much time to get into it because, you know, I don’t want to focus on it. It hurt my feelings on a personal level because Jim Cornette is someone who is a legend in our industry, he is someone that I’ve personally worked with in my time at Ring of Honor, and for him to come out and say some real negative things, some real misogynistic things about women in general and pregnancy in the industry, it kind of caught me off guard.

It made me lose a lot respect for someone that people have already lost respect for, and I was holding on to hope that somewhere along there was a personal connection between Jim and I that he would twice before making some egregious comments about women, about my wife… I can’t even forgive him."

16 days ago
5/13/05
Taco Muncher -

Jim Cornette's take:

"You can’t always be on top of the wrestling business in a $1 million a year spot or more, but you can [have a baby] — what is she? Can she be 30? [Lynch is 33] Well, still she’s got many more years before the f*cking Easy Bake Oven gets shut off. She can have all those problems like a descended stomach and stretch marks and hemorrhoids and hormones problems and mood swings and all those other joys of motherhood later on WHEN SHE AIN’T MAKING A MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!!

She’s got plenty of time left. What would you do if your wife came home and said instead of making a million dollars next year I’m gonna basically just be a raging bitch for the next nine months and then give you more sh*t to worry about around the house?!"

Seth Rollins' response:

"I don’t really want to take too much time to get into it because, you know, I don’t want to focus on it. It hurt my feelings on a personal level because Jim Cornette is someone who is a legend in our industry, he is someone that I’ve personally worked with in my time at Ring of Honor, and for him to come out and say some real negative things, some real misogynistic things about women in general and pregnancy in the industry, it kind of caught me off guard.

It made me lose a lot respect for someone that people have already lost respect for, and I was holding on to hope that somewhere along there was a personal connection between Jim and I that he would twice before making some egregious comments about women, about my wife… I can’t even forgive him."

Jim was better off not commenting.

16 days ago
1/1/01
Taco Muncher - 

Jim Cornette's take:

Seth Rollins' response:

I know Cornette is a raging fuckhead in a lot of ways, but how much of it legit?

Like, does he say this stuff because it's how he feels?

Or is he forever in at least some version of kayfabe, and him going off like this is some version of him trolling people / playing the character people have come to expect from him now?

16 days ago
9/22/16
What level of asshole do you have to be to make Seth Rollins look like the good guy? I don't think Cornette is trolling, or trying to speak in character... He really is this massive fucking asshole that hates everyone and everything in the wrestling industry.
16 days ago
6/9/16
AnthonyWeiner - What level of asshole do you have to be to make Seth Rollins look like the good guy? I don't think Cornette is trolling, or trying to speak in character... He really is this massive fucking asshole that hates everyone and everything in the wrestling industry.

Good thing Becky didn't marry Cornette! The Man would have to tear a strip off him!