Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Becky Lynch reportedly pregnant

15 days ago
1/1/01
AnthonyWeiner - What level of asshole do you have to be to make Seth Rollins look like the good guy? I don't think Cornette is trolling, or trying to speak in character... He really is this massive fucking asshole that hates everyone and everything in the wrestling industry.

"What level of asshole do you have to be to make Seth Rollins look like the good guy?"

hahahaha - that's quite possibly the best thing I've read today

15 days ago
7/12/12
Taco Muncher -

Jim Cornette's take:

"You can’t always be on top of the wrestling business in a $1 million a year spot or more, but you can [have a baby] — what is she? Can she be 30? [Lynch is 33] Well, still she’s got many more years before the f*cking Easy Bake Oven gets shut off. She can have all those problems like a descended stomach and stretch marks and hemorrhoids and hormones problems and mood swings and all those other joys of motherhood later on WHEN SHE AIN’T MAKING A MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!!

She’s got plenty of time left. What would you do if your wife came home and said instead of making a million dollars next year I’m gonna basically just be a raging bitch for the next nine months and then give you more sh*t to worry about around the house?!"

Seth Rollins' response:

"I don’t really want to take too much time to get into it because, you know, I don’t want to focus on it. It hurt my feelings on a personal level because Jim Cornette is someone who is a legend in our industry, he is someone that I’ve personally worked with in my time at Ring of Honor, and for him to come out and say some real negative things, some real misogynistic things about women in general and pregnancy in the industry, it kind of caught me off guard.

It made me lose a lot respect for someone that people have already lost respect for, and I was holding on to hope that somewhere along there was a personal connection between Jim and I that he would twice before making some egregious comments about women, about my wife… I can’t even forgive him."

Lol at Rollins' tone here.

15 days ago
3/19/09
That's pretty fair from Rollins. Still like Cornette, even though he has some of the worst TDS I've ever listened to.
Edited: 15 days ago
11/11/11

Thats totally not the complete cornette rant. Yes cornette repeatedlt puts his foot in his mouth but prior to that he was saying its the equivalent of austin on the cusp of stardom deciding to intentionally break his leg. Thr point of cornette's rant(and perhaps he gave more than one on this topic so maybe I'm mistaken) was that you barely get any time to make money and be on top. The business is cruel amd unpredictable. It was a huge boneheaded mistake on her and seth's part. Cause who knows if she will ever have such a chance again. Clearly if it was all intentional none of this applies, but based on her speech its pretty clear she was devastated by getting pregnant and the whole situation. Jim (at least the rant i heard) was saying at least capitalize on your stardom for a few years then get pregnant. Jim has a habit of saying things in the most tasteless way possible but I do think he is trolling to an extent. The fundamental point he is trying to make isnt wrong. He is just abrasive like hell about it.

15 days ago
5/13/05
TheBearStare -

Thats totally not the complete cornette rant. Yes cornette repeatedlt puts his foot in his mouth but prior to that he was saying its the equivalent of austin on the cusp of stardom deciding to intentionally break his leg. Thr point of cornette's rant(and perhaps he gave more than one on this topic so maybe I'm mistaken) was that you barely get any time to make money and be on top. The business is cruel amd unpredictable. It was a huge boneheaded mistake on her and seth's part. Cause who knows if she will ever have such a chance again. Clearly if it was all intentional none of this applies, but based on her speech its pretty clear she was devastated by getting pregnant and the whole situation. Jim (at least the rant i heard) was saying at least capitalize on your stardom for a few years then get pregnant. Jim has a habit of saying things in the most tasteless way possible but I do think he is trolling to an extent. The fundamental point he is trying to make isnt wrong. He is just abrasive like hell about it.

She was never and will never be as big as Austin. The most over star the WWE has had in the last decade was Daniel Bryan and Becky never even reached his status as far as pops and reaction.

She is a 33 year old female who wanted kids and her time at the top was always going to be short since she wants to be a mother. How much longer should she have put off starting a family? Her biological clock is ticking. It isn't like she can go on another 5-8 year run then decide to have a few kids in her 40's without the doctor's letting her know like any other woman that there are more issues/complications with pregnancies the older you get. 

15 days ago
11/11/11

If wwf was smart they could totally promote the hell out of Becky by havinf her cut promos and bring her baby to the ring. They could totally get themselves on espn and mainstream.news as being progressive and trend setters in women empowerment

15 days ago
11/11/11
cyberc92 -
TheBearStare -

She was never and will never be as big as Austin. The most over star the WWE has had in the last decade was Daniel Bryan and Becky never even reached his status as far as pops and reaction.

She is a 33 year old female who wanted kids and her time at the top was always going to be short since she wants to be a mother. How much longer should she have put off starting a family? Her biological clock is ticking. It isn't like she can go on another 5-8 year run then decide to have a few kids in her 40's without the doctor's letting her know like any other woman that there are more issues/complications with pregnancies the older you get. 

Everyone knows she isnt going to be as big as Austin. It isnt about stardom its about opportunities to make money. With that said Becky is free to do whatever she wants. She is ultimately the one that decides whats more valuable to her at this point in time. Not everythinf is about the money. However based on her speech and the way she forfeited the belt i dont think getting pregnant was her plan at all.

15 days ago
5/22/02
Cornette is out of his mind on this one, this is the absolute best time to drop a kid. She can get away from this empty arena bullshit, have the thing and be back by Wrestlemania.
15 days ago
4/22/07

"Misogynistic"  doesnt always apply just because someone says something about a woman. 

15 days ago
6/9/16
johnnypayne - Cornette is out of his mind on this one, this is the absolute best time to drop a kid. She can get away from this empty arena bullshit, have the thing and be back by Wrestlemania.

If Vince ever allows her near a Wrestlemania now.

15 days ago
1/1/01
johnnypayne - Cornette is out of his mind on this one, this is the absolute best time to drop a kid. She can get away from this empty arena bullshit, have the thing and be back by Wrestlemania.

Vince is holding grudges against talent that won't work because of covid - something WWE said publicly would not be an issue - and you think he's gonna give a push to the face of his women's division, top 3 over talent, arguably the most over full-time talent, who gets preggers and takes herself out for a year when his ratings are in the shitter and her star power / ratings draw is needed the most?

I bullet-pointed the fuck outta this on the last page, but her getting preggers gave Vince every reason in the world to never push her hard again - at least not for any semblance of an extended run.

Edited: 15 days ago
8/19/03
ShanTheMan -

"Misogynistic"  doesnt always apply just because someone says something about a woman. 

Agreed.  I listened to the rant.  Not really misogynistic on any level.  The most "misogynistic" comment he probably made was stating that women have rarely ever been an ongoing top draw in the territories and were more of a side show in most cases (let's face it, this is completely true), and that she was an idiot for doing this in her prime earning years and probably cost her and Seth a shit ton of money. 

That last part is the only thing I disagree with.  Women's wrestling sucks.  It's not like there's some shark tank of uber-talented females just chasing at her heels to take the top spot in the business.  She could pretty much take a year and a half off, come back, and still easily be the most over female in the business.   Let's be honest, the bar is pretty low.

There's other girls that are hotter, there's other girls who are more athletic, but none of them have the "it" factor that Becky Lynch has. I think one day Shayna Baszler could get there, but with WWE being a constant minefield of shitty booking and terrible gimmicks, being successful like Becky has is more dumb luck than anything else.  Becky just happens to possess some sort of intangible that elevates her above the typical inertia and WWE bullshit that drags others down.  Maybe it's the accent, the mic work, getting her busted bloody and playing to the crowd, I don't know.   Can't put my finger on it.  It's just a level of support from fans that's earned through respect, not acontrived and poor attempt at manipulation like they try to do with others (Corbin, Reigns, etc).

Honestly  she probably has nothing to worry about so long as Seth keeps his head down and stays a company man.  He'll probably get buried for this. 

15 days ago
9/24/18
Wiggy -
johnnypayne - Cornette is out of his mind on this one, this is the absolute best time to drop a kid. She can get away from this empty arena bullshit, have the thing and be back by Wrestlemania.

Vince is holding grudges against talent that won't work because of covid - something WWE said publicly would not be an issue - and you think he's gonna give a push to the face of his women's division, top 3 over talent, arguably the most over full-time talent, who gets preggers and takes herself out for a year when his ratings are in the shitter and her star power / ratings draw is needed the most?

I bullet-pointed the fuck outta this on the last page, but her getting preggers gave Vince every reason in the world to never push her hard again - at least not for any semblance of an extended run.

Sadly, this is 100% true. Vince is a cunt like that, there’s just been way too many examples in the past to think anything other than this.