3/2/20 1:58 AM
9/13/02

Nope

3/2/20 2:11 AM
1/1/01

He was a lot of things, but overrated is not one of them

3/2/20 7:59 AM
10/8/07

Underrated if anything. I mean he couldn't cut a promo to save his life but if you're a fan of in ring work, there weren't many guys better between 97 up until his death.

3/2/20 8:36 AM
1/1/01

Him being lousy on the mic is actually what made his in-ring work even better - from the time he got over and forward, it's tough to get *that* over (meaning main event level) with mainstream fans when you have almost no mic ability.

It's really is such a shame he turned his brain to absolute mush.

3/2/20 9:00 AM
12/30/03

Juiced to the tits, yes. Overated, no. 

3/2/20 10:57 AM
1/1/01

Not overrated at all.  

3/2/20 11:17 AM
11/11/11
Wiggy -

Him being lousy on the mic is actually what made his in-ring work even better - from the time he got over and forward, it's tough to get *that* over (meaning main event level) with mainstream fans when you have almost no mic ability.

This. Well said. Its a testament to his in ring work that he became a champ in wcw and wwf with no mic skills.

Its often crossed my mind that I bet Vince is relieved benoit never won the main wwf title cause then hed be that much harder to erase 

Edited: 3/2/20 11:39 AM
8/27/11
TheBearStare -
Wiggy - Him being lousy on the mic is actually what made his in-ring work even better - from the time he got over and forward, it's tough to get *that* over (meaning main event level) with mainstream fans when you have almost no mic ability.

This. Well said. Its a testament to his in ring work that he became a champ in wcw and wwf with no mic skills.

Its often crossed my mind that I bet Vince is relieved benoit never won the main wwf title cause then hed be that much harder to erase 

I know you’re just a bear, but he won the world title in the main event of one of the most popular Wrestlemanias by beating two of the company’s biggest stars. I would argue that was the bigger title compared to the Smackdown/JBL belt. 

3/2/20 12:21 PM
8/14/12

That man had Killer skills 

3/2/20 1:41 PM
11/11/11
Charles Barkley -
TheBearStare -
Wiggy - Him being lousy on the mic is actually what made his in-ring work even better - from the time he got over and forward, it's tough to get *that* over (meaning main event level) with mainstream fans when you have almost no mic ability.

I know you’re just a bear, but he won the world title in the main event of one of the most popular Wrestlemanias by beating two of the company’s biggest stars. I would argue that was the bigger title compared to the Smackdown/JBL belt. 

Oh I agree with you. However maybe its all irrelevant but I would have to imagine from a title lineage point of view there is perhaps part of vince that is relieved that a murderer never held the wwf title since thats HIS title. The big gold belt doesnt exist anymore. The wwf title still does.

3/2/20 5:46 PM
8/27/11
TheBearStare -
Charles Barkley -
TheBearStare -

Oh I agree with you. However maybe its all irrelevant but I would have to imagine from a title lineage point of view there is perhaps part of vince that is relieved that a murderer never held the wwf title since thats HIS title. The big gold belt doesnt exist anymore. The wwf title still does.

Valid point. The title lineage is so muddled now anyway with the universal and world and smackdown and brand split and multiple unifications I’m not even sure which is which.

3/2/20 6:50 PM
1/14/12

There was a time as bizarre as it sounds when Benoit v Findlay was one of the matches I wanted see more than most of the stuff on TV.

Chris was technically amazing look at what he accomplished considering his work got him to the top of the card without mic skills or charisma.

I was a massive Dynamite Kid fan but Chris was just better in every way however you can’t gloss over his final days or what he did.

3/2/20 7:37 PM
5/13/05

Benoit vs Booker T (best of 7 falls), feud with DDP and Raven were the shit!

3/2/20 10:31 PM
12/25/15

Did he hurt anyone besides Sabu?

3/2/20 11:03 PM
1/1/01
HorseMeat4200 -

He legit busted matt hardy's nose iirc. Damn good match though.

3/3/20 12:43 AM
9/10/13

He was outstanding and my fave wrestler as a kid. 

3/3/20 1:27 AM
11/11/11
HorseMeat4200 -

Dude from the clips ive seen it looked like it was sabu's own fault he got hurt.

Its been a while but wasnt benoit doing a flapjack and sabu tried to flip thinking it was a body toss?

3/3/20 1:30 AM
11/11/11
HorseMeat4200 -

Benoit finlay and regal had a gentleman's agreement of sorts to see who could make the other guy bleed first hard way.

Also dont know if it applies to the matt Hardy situation but benoit was known for telling guys in advance to protect themselves and to watch for some stuff because he was intentionally going to bring it. So in wrestler etiquette lot of times its considered your own fault if you don't assert yourself.

3/3/20 3:55 AM
6/22/12
Charles Barkley -
TheBearStare -

Yes it was then but where is it now? Is its lineage even being continued right now?

3/3/20 3:57 AM
6/22/12
edward nigma -

That man had Killer skills 

Skilled killer

3/3/20 5:40 AM
8/2/05

Not overated but he was a Dynamite clone and not as good. 

He was one of my favourites too his match with Bret Hart in Texas was epic and his match with Stone cold steve austin where they swapped fighting was incredible 

3/3/20 9:29 AM
3/7/05
He needed to stop skipping leg day though.