3/3/20 12:28 PM
11/11/11
RedDragonUK -

Not overated but he was a Dynamite clone and not as good. 

He was one of my favourites too his match with Bret Hart in Texas was epic and his match with Stone cold steve austin where they swapped fighting was incredible 

Benoit would take being a "dynamite clone" as a complement. With that said I think he completely established his own identity as well. Hell his career was far longer as well.

3/3/20 4:00 PM
10/11/18
RedDragonUK - 

He was one of my favourites too his match with Bret Hart in Texas was epic and his match with Stone cold steve austin where they swapped fighting was incredible 

Is that really shocking considering he patterned his whole style on Dynamite Kid?
3/3/20 4:46 PM
11/11/11

12 days ago
1/24/20
RedDragonUK -

You're saying Dynamite Kid was a better worker? I think most that watched both work would strongly disagree.

12 days ago
1/1/01

The diving headbutt is probably most responsible for the brain mush, right?

Seriously, stupid movie that seemed to hurt him more than the receiver.

everything else I liked.

11 days ago
11/11/11
Slapsymaxi -

everything else I liked.

No way more than that. He was infamous for working a physical and being one of the few guys who would take not just unprotected chair shots to the head, but take them to the back of the head.

11 days ago
8/2/05
MahomesIsYourDaddy -
RedDragonUK -

You're saying Dynamite Kid was a better worker? I think most that watched both work would strongly disagree.

Thats their opinion but Benoit was the Jeff Jarrett to Dynamites Flair imo

Edited: 11 days ago
1/1/01

Here's the Benoit Matt Hardy match i was referring to. Very good match considering its wwe.

Benoit gets wreckless at 4:18 and busts hardy's nose. Not serious, but you can tell Hardy was pissed.

11 days ago
7/13/09
Slapsymaxi -

everything else I liked.

Pretty sure it’s the night he wins the WCW belt with a flying headbutt off the top of the cage, if not it’s one right before he quits and goes to WWF. You see him knock himself out and have to be carried to the back all loopy. First time I noticed how bad he messed himself up from those. Always felt it started there. 

11 days ago
3/7/05
The diving headbutt never made any damn sense. It looks like crap and it fucks up the person delivering it. I know Harley, Dynamite and Chris were great workers, but that move was just stupid.
11 days ago
11/11/11
RedDragonUK -
MahomesIsYourDaddy -
RedDragonUK -

Thats their opinion but Benoit was the Jeff Jarrett to Dynamites Flair imo

Thats an aweful comparison. Benoit made his own mark and identity within the ring

11 days ago
8/19/03

He might be the wrestler that I most throughly enjoyed watching because of his intensity.  For a guy his size, no one was more believable.

11 days ago
6/22/12

Worst part is the diving headbutt wasnt even his finish

11 days ago
6/22/12
WaltJ -

He might be the wrestler that I most throughly enjoyed watching because of his intensity.  For a guy his size, no one was more believable.

Best chops in the business 

11 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - The diving headbutt never made any damn sense. It looks like crap and it fucks up the person delivering it. I know Harley, Dynamite and Chris were great workers, but that move was just stupid.

Yep. This is what I was trying to get at.

11 days ago
8/19/03

If anyone remembers it, the Benoit vs Jericho ladder match (royal rumble?) was one of my favorite ladder matches ever.  Brutal spots.

11 days ago
2/29/16

Benoit had the stiffest looking chest chops in the business, and that's saying something. 

11 days ago
11/11/11
WaltJ -

If anyone remembers it, the Benoit vs Jericho ladder match (royal rumble?) was one of my favorite ladder matches ever.  Brutal spots.

Thats the one benoit took a chairshot to the head while in midair off a suicide dive

11 days ago
8/19/03
TheBearStare -
WaltJ -

Thats the one benoit took a chairshot to the head while in midair off a suicide dive

That's right.  It's one of my favorite ladder matches, because in some other worldly universe, if you were to ever fight another human being and a ladder was handy, the way they used it is probably to you actually would in a real fight. 

11 days ago
11/11/11
WaltJ -
TheBearStare -
WaltJ -

That's right.  It's one of my favorite ladder matches, because in some other worldly universe, if you were to ever fight another human being and a ladder was handy, the way they used it is probably to you actually would in a real fight. 

Bingo. Same reasons I loved that ladder match

10 days ago
1/1/01
Slapsymaxi - 
BigWilliam - The diving headbutt never made any damn sense. It looks like crap and it fucks up the person delivering it. I know Harley, Dynamite and Chris were great workers, but that move was just stupid.

Yep. This is what I was trying to get at.

I also never understood the point of laying a chair on someone, then doing a diving headbutt onto the chair. That just *looks* like it'd hurt you more than your opponent.

I know I saw Benoit do that a bunch of times.

10 days ago
1/1/01
TheBearStare - 
WaltJ -

A clip of that shot was in Part 2 of the Vice docu - brutal.

10 days ago
7/14/16
TheBearStare - 
Charles Barkley -
TheBearStare -
Wiggy - Him being lousy on the mic is actually what made his in-ring work even better - from the time he got over and forward, it's tough to get *that* over (meaning main event level) with mainstream fans when you have almost no mic ability.

It's really is such a shame he turned his brain to absolute mush.

This. Well said. Its a testament to his in ring work that he became a champ in wcw and wwf with no mic skills.

Its often crossed my mind that I bet Vince is relieved benoit never won the main wwf title cause then hed be that much harder to erase 

I know you’re just a bear, but he won the world title in the main event of one of the most popular Wrestlemanias by beating two of the company’s biggest stars. I would argue that was the bigger title compared to the Smackdown/JBL belt. 

Oh I agree with you. However maybe its all irrelevant but I would have to imagine from a title lineage point of view there is perhaps part of vince that is relieved that a murderer never held the wwf title since thats HIS title. The big gold belt doesnt exist anymore. The wwf title still does.

Didn't Superfly hold the main gold?