21 days ago
11/19/09

Obviously you stupid idiots are all fans of Chris Jericho and always drink it in when he's on tv.

Jericho is underrated on the list of GOAT when it comes down to it. He's done it all, but his mic skills are second to none. He's been nothing but entertainment since the mid 90s when he started getting momentum in WCW. 

what are your favorite Jericho quotes? 

Edited: 21 days ago
5/25/14

During his feud with Dean Malenko. 

When he had the List with 1004 holds. Still funny as hell. 

21 days ago
1/14/12

How about when he was in WWE and he kept calling people the wrong name like Kirk Angle and Stuart Austin it was quite trivial but genuinely funny at times.

21 days ago
8/19/14

On sunday I'm going to take care of that greasy, nasty, disgusting animal. And I'm coming for you to Rhyno! 

To Stephenie and Rhyno.

21 days ago
1/1/01

21 days ago
1/1/01
Jericho is so good in so many ways.

A couple weeks ago on Dynamite, he had a roll of tape in the ring. He swung it around like he was gonna throw it into the crowd, then just dropped it over the ropes onto the floor, laughing at the fans who thought he was actually gonna throw it.

He does so many little nuance things like that that you often don't realize, but separates him from everyone else.

And some of the best mic work I've ever seen was his mini-shoot on WWE's "bad creative" while introducing Hager. He took a white-hot crowd chanting a deafening "We the people!" and not only shut them up, but killed that entire chant in like 45 seconds.

It hasn't been said since.

I mean, people know he's great on the mic, but he's still underrated, IMO.
21 days ago
5/20/12

That dude can get anything over.

21 days ago
12/20/10

"Look at all the people here tonighhhhhttt!"

*crowd cheers loudly*

"...And every single one of ya... is a JACKASS."

*CROWD BOOS*

2003 Jericho was a true douche heel lol he's been cracking me up for years 

21 days ago
12/20/10

https://youtu.be/rXy--amC3Jw

21 days ago
6/4/10
eff_bombb -

During his feud with Dean Malenko. 

When he had the List with 1004 holds. Still funny as hell. 

This. This is what I thought of when I read the thread topic. 

21 days ago
9/22/16
I used to turn in to RAW just to watch him call Stephanie a trash bag ho.
21 days ago
11/19/09

Some great ones here!

bill greenberg and hoot and toot guerera were some of my favorites when he'd call em the wrong name. He was hysterical and seems to only get funnier

20 days ago
11/19/09
Wiggy - Jericho is so good in so many ways.

A couple weeks ago on Dynamite, he had a roll of tape in the ring. He swung it around like he was gonna throw it into the crowd, then just dropped it over the ropes onto the floor, laughing at the fans who thought he was actually gonna throw it.

He does so many little nuance things like that that you often don't realize, but separates him from everyone else.

And some of the best mic work I've ever seen was his mini-shoot on WWE's "bad creative" while introducing Hager. He took a white-hot crowd chanting a deafening "We the people!" and not only shut them up, but killed that entire chant in like 45 seconds.

It hasn't been said since.

I mean, people know he's great on the mic, but he's still underrated, IMO.

Great post

20 days ago
11/19/09

Does anyone remember the one in WCW when he was the tv champion. he said something along the lines of "if you have a TV, I am your champion"

Edited: 20 days ago
8/19/03

I don't think anyone in the history of the business that I can think of has done a better job for a longer period of time of Reinventing and refreshing themselves as many times as Jericho has.  Every couple of years he recalibrates and comes to the table with something new and innovative,  always sharp.  He's even getting over on and working all the smarks in AEW's crowd with his promos.   Even the self-described industry experts (or fat neckbeards, depending which side of the fence you're on) are hanging on his promos. 

I always say he had one of the last great WWE feuds,  back in 2007 when he punched HBK's wife in the face.  Suit and tie, short hair, clean shaven asshole heel Jericho was probably his most underrated work.

20 days ago
7/12/12

I like how he moves on from every catch phrase before it gets old, he's had like a million oft-repeated lines that he's one day moved on from never, everrrrr to be spoken of, a-gain.

I remember a house show in Detroit from when he was always saying "assclown," and he cut this promo saying it's a joke for Detroit to be called Hockeytown, saying the real Hockeytown was Toronto or whatever (no Winnapeg NHL team at the time), and that an appropriate monicker for Detroit was "Assclowntown!" Great heat, and hilarious.

20 days ago
7/12/12

(Responding to a chant at the contract signing with Cody)

"I don't suck. Ski-uh-voan [Schiavone] sucks."

Haven't been able to get Ski-uh-voan out of my head, lol.

20 days ago
2/25/12

Has there ever been another wrestler who constantly gets simple things massively over

8/19/03
Size -

I like how he moves on from every catch phrase before it gets old, he's had like a million oft-repeated lines that he's one day moved on from never, everrrrr to be spoken of, a-gain.

I remember a house show in Detroit from when he was always saying "assclown," and he cut this promo saying it's a joke for Detroit to be called Hockeytown, saying the real Hockeytown was Toronto or whatever (no Winnapeg NHL team at the time), and that an appropriate monicker for Detroit was "Assclowntown!" Great heat, and hilarious.

Very good point.   This definitely lends to staying fresh.   I never thought of that, but he doesn't hang onto gimmicks or catchphrases for too long, so his "schtick" (which never actually has the chance to become a schtick) never gets old.  In that regard,  he might be the most versatile gimmick performer of all time.

Even the biggest stars ever, Hogan,  Austin, Flair, Rock, etc. all still come back and at the end of the day, do and say the same shit.  I'm not knocking them for that,  as they're money making machines, but what Jericho has done and continues to do is pretty amazing in a business where once you get to a certain level of stardom it's almost a bad idea to walk back on your money making tools and reboot,  knowing full well you could just show up, mail it in, and still be over just by virtue of your name.  WWE PERFORMERS WOULD BE WELL-SERVED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

It's no wonder no one watches their shit anymore.   If, say, Stone Cold comes back on RAW, there is a 100% chance he's going to cut a promo on the opening segment,  have the face come out, have the heel come out with whom the face is feuding,  have a three-way promo, hit the stunner on the heel, and then drink beer with the face.  EVERY.  SINGLE.  TIME.

But I guess that's the WWE way of doing things.  Just mass produce, homogenize, and disseminate as much bland, brainless shit as possible for the masses.

It's no wonder Jericho takes these hiatuses.  He actually has the artistic and creative integrity to give enough of a shit about what he does to do so.   His signing with AEW is a huge coup in the wrestling business, because he's a credible big name that has the creativity and team-oriented mindset to help elevate the younger guys. 

20 days ago
1/1/01
Dravenlives - 

Has there ever been another wrestler who constantly gets simple things massively over

This.

I mean, let's be honest - how many other guys could get an entire crowd popping for clicking a fucking pen? lmao
20 days ago
1/1/01
"It's no wonder Jericho takes these hiatuses. He actually has the artistic and creative integrity to give enough of a shit about what he does to do so."

Remember when there was the huge build-up to one of his WWE returns, excitement is high, he finally comes back, comes down the ramp, circles the ring high fiving everyone and all that...

...but never ends up saying a fucking word?

It was SUCH a mindjob at the time, but looking back at it, it was *so* good.
1/1/01
Size - 

He actually did a promo on that once.

It was during a WWE run right after he turned into the short-hair, suit & tie wearing heel, calling everyone sycophants.

Exactly which catchphrase of his that was so hot at the time escapes me now (it might have been the "EVEERRRRRR...AGAANNNNEEEE!"), but he flat out said in that promo that he was never saying it again.

And I'm not sure he ever has.

If he has, it's certainly only been a random one-off here or there for a pop...never made it a "thing" again.

And now I can't stop laughing at "Ski-uh-voan"...so thanks. lmao
20 days ago
8/19/03
Wiggy - "It's no wonder Jericho takes these hiatuses. He actually has the artistic and creative integrity to give enough of a shit about what he does to do so."

Remember when there was the huge build-up to one of his WWE returns, excitement is high, he finally comes back, comes down the ramp, circles the ring high fiving everyone and all that...

...but never ends up saying a fucking word?

It was SUCH a mindjob at the time, but looking back at it, it was *so* good.

Ha, I was just thinking about that one.  That was awesome.   He slowly went from red hot returning face to heel getting booed without ever saying a single word or getting physical with anyone.

Again, as was said by DravenLives, getting the tiniest things over. 

Maybe I would add in Mick Foley as another guy who was adept at this, but Jericho still doing it in 2019 is impressive. 

19 days ago
12/20/10
shibbyguy -

Does anyone remember the one in WCW when he was the tv champion. he said something along the lines of "if you have a TV, I am your champion"

FUCKING DEAD

19 days ago
5/19/07

Jim-jimmin-jimmin-marvenluter.....please tell me someone remembers that....