Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Booker T On Triple H: "We've Never Been Friends"

4/10/13 12:19 AM
1/13/10

Booker T discussed his relationship with Triple H during an interview on The Troy show.
“Hunter and I, for the longest time, we’ve never been friends or anything like that but I’ve always respected him for his body of work,” Booker said. “Being a guy that was in WCW watching what was going on the other side as one of the guys, I could actually see what was happening. He worked harder than anyone in the company, the guy was a cornerstone of the Attitude Era. All the guys that Triple H faced — The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin — all of them had to go through Triple H to get made from a certain perspective. He was the guy of the Attitude Era, the glue that was keeping everything together.”

4/10/13 1:27 AM
12/1/11

I wonder if Booker. T still has sours grape over jobbing to Triple H at SummerSlam 07, that was one of the reasons why he left WWE.

4/10/13 8:29 AM
9/16/12
Let's not forget WrestleMania 19 where Booker was supposed to go over Hunter for the World Title, they did a downright racist and very personal angle about Booker's past, and then Hunter decides that Booker T "isn't ready" for the belt and changes the match for him to go over instead. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 12:34 PM
3/22/10
mattloveslamp - Let's not forget WrestleMania 19 where Booker was supposed to go over Hunter for the World Title, they did a downright racist and very personal angle about Booker's past, and then Hunter decides that Booker T "isn't ready" for the belt and changes the match for him to go over instead. Phone Post 3.0
Hence the reason why I personally can't stand triple h. Also, not having a follow up to wrestlemania and instead inserting his friend Kevin Nash into the title picture to compete against him instead. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 1:00 PM
7/30/10
It's no secret Booker can't stand HHH.

I'm sure Trips feels the same way after Booker whipped his boy backstage.

It's why so many of the younger talent would rather work with guys like UT, Booker, Fit Finlay, and Benoit. Those guys were all on Smackdown and would help the younger talent come up. Where as Trips and his clan have always been about keeping their spots.

It's hilarious they went through all the trouble of paying Steiner/Goldberg so much just to build Trips ego... Sound familiar (cough lesnar cough) Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 1:21 PM
4/5/11

I didn't realize that I had something in common with Booker.

I've never been friends with HHH either!

4/10/13 1:54 PM
10/11/12

Booker comes of as decent and reasonable guy.

4/10/13 4:29 PM
1/1/01
Winky is Wright - It's no secret Booker can't stand HHH.

I'm sure Trips feels the same way after Booker whipped his boy backstage.

It's why so many of the younger talent would rather work with guys like UT, Booker, Fit Finlay, and Benoit. Those guys were all on Smackdown and would help the younger talent come up. Where as Trips and his clan have always been about keeping their spots.

It's hilarious they went through all the trouble of paying Steiner/Goldberg so much just to build Trips ego... Sound familiar (cough lesnar cough) Phone Post 3.0
who did booker beat up? story? Phone Post 3.0
Edited: 4/10/13 4:38 PM
12/1/11

The well-publicized Booker T-Batista fight, about which reports conflict in identifying it as either a work or shoot, started when Booker T confronted Batista about not shaking hands with all of his colleagues on the Summerslam commercial shoot.

Booker also asked Batista, in reference to comments made in a media interview, if he still thought the SmackDown! crew was lazy.

Batista defended himself against Bookers assaults, and the argument escalated (the escalation is attributed to Batista, as Booker reportedly wanted to walk away at some point). The two then went into a separate room and began fighting.

The fight was quickly broken up, but despite being on the bottom, Batista urged his fellow wrestlers to let the two continue. Batista once again ended up on his back, and wrestlers then broke it up for good.

During the breakup, Batista got in the shot that left a mark on Booker Ts face. Sharmell, in response to what she felt was a cheap shot, began kicking Batista. Booker T also screamed that hes a gangsta and would get Batista if he saw him alone.

Some reports suggest that Batista once again tried getting some cheap shots in, but nothing really landed. He then insinuated that Booker T is somewhat responsible for younger talent being held down in the lockerroom, but no one agreed. In fact, Bobby Lashley personally noted that Booker was instrumental in helping him grow as a performer.

Vince McMahon later took the two aside and forced them to talk through their differences.

Read more: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2006/0619/4784/#ixzz2Q5wXxN00

More Backstage Details On Batista/Booker T Fight

Booker T's victory in the fight with Batista has earn him extra lockerroom respect. One source stated that Booker T dominated Batista due to having more street fighting experience.
Booker T did take a very personal verbal shot at Batista, however, one source said that it did not come until the situation became very heated. No one blames Booker T for what he did, as the general feeling backstage is that Batista has become very arrogant since wining the World Title.
The latest on the Booker T-Batista fight at the commercial shoot for Summerslam 2006 is that it was real. Batista's face was apparently cut up after the incident with Booker T having a black eye that was visible on SmackDown! last week. A close friend of Batista informed everyone it was a work, but many speculate it is just so Batista can save face since Booker T was the clear winner of the fight.
Batista was supposedly rubbing people the wrong way while talking about how SmackDown!'s ratings has dropped since he's been gone and basically making it like he was the only attraction on SmackDown! The SmackDown! locker room has always had heat on Batista since Batista did interviews where he would be praising the RAW show and putting down SmackDown! to great lengths. Many have gone so far as to say that JBL sand-bagged his three matches with Batista as a way of paying him back for the insults. Batista did hang out with Eddie Guerrero backstage shortly before his death and that won him over some friends, but the fact that Batista thinks he's a star as big as The Rock or Steve Austin doesn't help matters. Batista does not carry himself backstage like Triple H or The Undertaker, but he does act superior to midcard veterans who have yet to receive a main-event opportunity as he did.
WWE.com reported that the fight lasted five minutes, though the brawl itself only lasted thirty seconds. From the time the argument started till they were broken up though, five minutes had passed. Booker T got into an argument with Batista over his comments and Booker T apparently gave him many opportunities to back off, as he's a laid back person by everyone's standards, but Batista kept going with the argument. Rey Mysterio was there during the argument trying to act as a peacemaker as he most often does backstage and after the fight, the roster shot Batista many dirty looks which left Batista visibly upset since no one stuck up for him.
So far, neither wrestlers has been punished or reprimanded.

4/10/13 4:49 PM
3/22/10
In short booker whooped that ass. Batista probably gases in the first 10 seconds. Phone Post 3.0