Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Broken skull sessions with Taker

18 days ago
10/8/07

Must watch if you're a fan of the business and of Undertaker and Austin. They start out talking about how Mark got in the business, how Ole Anderson said nobody would ever pay to watch Mark wrestle. Then they get into how he got into the WWE and go through stuff like the American badass and the streak, and even about his recent match with Goldberg.

Runs about two hours and it's definitely worth watching 

18 days ago
7/10/17

I enjoyed that very much.  Second the watch recommendation I was able to catch it after survivor series 

17 days ago
1/1/01
I've been meaning to watch this - thanks for reminding me.

And I know it'll never happen, but I'd fanboy like crazy if we got one last appearance of the American Badass.
17 days ago
11/11/11

Great watch.

Austin is fascinating to watch. He's an intense listener. You can see him living and visualizing everything mark says. He just looks highly tuned in to everything he is hearing. Ive noticed that in a lot of his interviews.Lot of interesting quirks he has that I think contribute to why he was a once in a lifetime character.

Also its always fascinating the subtleties of 'respect' the guys have to show when discussing certain matters in the business or making references to other legends in the business. Like when taker used the word jabroni in a sentence when discuss dusty and others. Wrestlers always have to add qualifiers when speaking, and then in subtle fashion put over the historical figure they are discussing.

Mark is a very chill dude. If I didnt know who he was I would think hes some boring loser. Fascinating listen.

17 days ago
2/29/16

His regular voice was creepy. 

17 days ago
11/11/11
Mandible_Claw -

Yeah it was totally jarring cause of how normal and boring it was

17 days ago
1/1/01
Apparently, Austin wants CM Punk on the show.

But also apparently, nobody has reached out to Punk about it, yet.
17 days ago
12/6/10

I like the story about how he was afraid that they would put him inside that Survivor Series egg and Vince calling him to pitch the Undertaker gimmick

17 days ago
1/1/01

was awesome.  MUST watch.  So much gold in it.  

I cant believe they got that gimmick over for this long.  Its shocking really.  

17 days ago
11/11/11

If it weren't for the fact I knew he was the under taker and his arms are covered in tats, I would think Mark calloway lived on Hank hill's street

17 days ago
8/19/03
Wiggy - I've been meaning to watch this - thanks for reminding me.

And I know it'll never happen, but I'd fanboy like crazy if we got one last appearance of the American Badass.

I always thought the American Badass UT version was very underrated work.   It came at a time when a character reimagining was in order and gave him some range.

17 days ago
8/19/03
TheBearStare -

Great watch.

Austin is fascinating to watch. He's an intense listener. You can see him living and visualizing everything mark says. He just looks highly tuned in to everything he is hearing. Ive noticed that in a lot of his interviews.Lot of interesting quirks he has that I think contribute to why he was a once in a lifetime character.

Also its always fascinating the subtleties of 'respect' the guys have to show when discussing certain matters in the business or making references to other legends in the business. Like when taker used the word jabroni in a sentence when discuss dusty and others. Wrestlers always have to add qualifiers when speaking, and then in subtle fashion put over the historical figure they are discussing.

Mark is a very chill dude. If I didnt know who he was I would think hes some boring loser. Fascinating listen.

I think there's only two people in the history of the business that I've never heard get shit talked by anyone- John Cena and the Undertaker.

I feel like Taker is severely under credited when the business is talked about and he was always highly regarded in the ring and backstage.

17 days ago
11/11/11
WaltJ -
TheBearStare -

Great watch.

I think there's only two people in the history of the business that I've never heard get shit talked by anyone- John Cena and the Undertaker.

I feel like Taker is severely under credited when the business is talked about and he was always highly regarded in the ring and backstage.

Foley, Owen Hart as well

Benoit was on that list up until the murders

17 days ago
2/29/16
TheBearStare -
WaltJ -
TheBearStare -

Great watch.

Foley, Owen Hart as well

Didnt Flair bury Foley in his book? Referring to him as a glorified stuntman if I recall.

And Austin was mad at Owen after the piledriver because they had discussed not doing the spot prior and Owen not apologizing.

Other than that though.

17 days ago
3/28/10

Watching now. It’s great. 

17 days ago
2/29/16
TheBearStare -
Mandible_Claw -

Yeah it was totally jarring cause of how normal and boring it was

Almost sounds like an elderly man.

17 days ago
11/11/11
Mandible_Claw -
TheBearStare -
WaltJ -
TheBearStare -

Great watch.

Foley, Owen Hart as well

Didnt Flair bury Foley in his book? Referring to him as a glorified stuntman if I recall.

And Austin was mad at Owen after the piledriver because they had discussed not doing the spot prior and Owen not apologizing.

Other than that though.

Yeah thats all professional stuff though, other than Owen not apologizing.

17 days ago
2/29/16
TheBearStare -
Mandible_Claw -
TheBearStare -
WaltJ -
TheBearStare -

Great watch.

Foley, Owen Hart as well

Other than that though.

Yeah thats all professional stuff though, other than Owen not apologizing.

Very true.

16 days ago
10/11/18
"how Ole Anderson said nobody would ever pay to watch Mark wrestle."

And people wonder why WCW died nearly 20 years ago. Mark/Taker sure proved Ole wrong.
16 days ago
1/8/04
Link?
16 days ago
11/11/11

16 days ago
11/11/11
Siciliano di Brooklyn - Link?

Wwe network

15 days ago
2/4/06

I had heard he was concussed in the Brock match, but damn at not knowing where you're at hours later.

15 days ago
10/8/07
Siciliano di Brooklyn - Link?

http://watchwrestling.in/watch-wwe-steve-austin-broken-skull-session-season-1-episode-1-undertaker/

Use the primogo links because the dailymotion links are down