8 days ago
1/1/01

After fighting together on the same side and winning a defamation lawsuit two months ago, Colt Cabana and CM Punk are now on opposite sides of a legal battle.

Cabana, whose real name is Scott Colton, is suing UFC fighter CM Punk, whose real name is Phillip Jack Brooks, for breach of contract and fraud in Cook County Circuit Court.

Cabana and Punk have close friends since their days in Chicago’s independent pro wrestling circuit.

Cabana’s lawsuit contends Punk promised to help him out with the legal bills they amassed fighting the defamation lawsuit. Cabana claims Punk told him in a text that he would be “100% covered.”

Punk has failed to keep that promise, leaving him with unpaid legal bills totaling $513,736, according to the lawsuit.

Punk asked Cabana to pay half of the legal fees, which comes out to $256,868, saying “You are on your own.”

Cabana is asking for $200,000 in general damages, along with $1 million in punitive and exemplary damages, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims “Brooks acted with fraud, malice and oppression toward Colton, with the deliberate intention of causing Colton harm.”

Cabana is the host of “The Art of Wrestling,” a podcast where he discuss issues surrounding wrestling, along having fellow pro wrestlers on the show as guests.

Punk, a former wrestler, was Cabana’s guest on an episode, where he addressed the litany of issues he had during his time with the WWE, most notably his issue with his medical treatment.

8 days ago
9/22/16
CM Punk is going to die alone, and his former friends will be reduced to talking about who he was before he became famous.
Edited: 8 days ago
9/13/16

punk seems to break friendships over nothing, and acts like he always has the moral highground.

i hope colt gets everything he's asking for.

8 days ago
2/29/16

Cabana won't win that case. He's hoping for a settlement at best.

8 days ago
1/1/01

Punk seems to pipe bomb every moment of his life. 

8 days ago
12/28/12

cabana's a little goon who thought he could have his legal fees covered while he fucks around at raw backstage. time for him to act like a big boy and pay his bills.

8 days ago
1/1/01
what really pisses me off is that somewhere in Stanford, Vince and Amman are laughing their asses off.
8 days ago
10/3/16
evh -

cabana's a little goon who thought he could have his legal fees covered while he fucks around at raw backstage. time for him to act like a big boy and pay his bills.

Yeah, Cabana did something to fuck up their case. This led to a strained relationship.

8 days ago
9/22/16
Gotta love Brooks de-friending Cabana for simply having a meeting with WWE, or telling all his other friends that if they work for WWE they won't be involved in his life. Imagine the mental anguish?

Option A: Six-figures (or more) employment in WWE
Option B: Dramatically less in the indies, but the everlasting friendship of Captain Fussypants

Dude is a fucking moron.
7 days ago
1/8/04
"After fighting together on the same side and winning a defamation lawsuit two months ago, Colt Cabana and CM Punk are now on opposite sides of a legal battle."

What was the original lawsuit?
7 days ago
1/1/01
Siciliano di Brooklyn - "After fighting together on the same side and winning a defamation lawsuit two months ago, Colt Cabana and CM Punk are now on opposite sides of a legal battle."

Punk went on Cabana’s podcast and ripped the WWE physician for not treating his medical issues properly and the doc sued them for defamation. Punk and Cabana won but racked up over half a million in legal fees.

7 days ago
8/14/12
slap machine -

punk seems to break friendships over nothing, and acts like he always has the moral highground.

i hope colt gets everything he's asking for.

He got mad at hornswoggle for asking for a mutual friends phone number after getting a new phone....wonder if he speaks to kofi these days

7 days ago
3/7/05
punk is a self righteous, delusional asshole and he always has been.
7 days ago
2/29/16

So is that 500k in legal bills just Cabana's and Punk offered to pay half?

7 days ago
10/8/07
Mandible_Claw -

So is that 500k in legal bills just Cabana's and Punk offered to pay half?

Yes those are Cabana's legal bills. I think Colt expected him to pay all of it and is now suing over a text message.

7 days ago
7/13/09

Think Colts argument was that the Dr. that was suing sent a couple letters to him saying to take down the podcast. Punk says don’t take it down I’ll handle everything and pay all the legal fees. Then he gets butthurt and says you owe me half the legal fees. 

7 days ago
6/2/12

Here’s the official complaint for anyone willing to read through it. 

https://www.scribd.com/document/385790711/Doc-Aug-8-2018-at-5-17-PM

7 days ago
1/8/04
Koma - 
Siciliano di Brooklyn - "After fighting together on the same side and winning a defamation lawsuit two months ago, Colt Cabana and CM Punk are now on opposite sides of a legal battle."

Punk went on Cabana’s podcast and ripped the WWE physician for not treating his medical issues properly and the doc sued them for defamation. Punk and Cabana won but racked up over half a million in legal fees.

Thanks. Punk is a fuckin bitch.
5 days ago
12/6/10

Lol

5 days ago
3/26/02
https://www.inquisitr.com/5009101/aj-lee-is-running-away-with-wwe-poll-for-evolution-appearance-that-includes-stacy-keibler/

"WWE published a poll asking fans which former female talent they would like to see appear at WWE Evolution.

AJ Lee has nearly 70% of the vote.

5:24 AM - Jul 29, 2018"

Somehow, I don't think Punk lets her do it.
5 days ago
3/26/02
https://www.wwe.com/polls/which-former-superstar-would-you-like-to-see-return-to-the-ring-at-wwe-evolution

2%
Molly Holly
2%
Layla
4%
Michelle McCool
Your Vote

70%
AJ Lee
2%
Eve Torres
2%
Summer Rae
4%
Beth Phoenix
1%
Jacqueline
5%
Kelly Kelly
3%
Torrie Wilson
4%
Stacy Keibler
2%
Alundra Blayze
5 days ago
9/22/16
For what it's worth, I vote for Summer Rae.
5 days ago
3/2/11

If anyone questioned how delusional the man is his UFC performances are well beyond proof.

He lives up his own ass.

4 days ago
8/14/12
AnthonyWeiner - For what it's worth, I vote for Summer Rae.

He would divorce her if she takes part lol 

4 days ago
1/1/01

Suddenly Corey Graves seems like a rational person for his Twitter tirade against Punk.