Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Can WWE end the Brand Split (Raw/Smackdown)?

4/29/20 1:10 PM
5/13/05

Correct me if I am wrong but I remember the brand split originally being done because of the loaded roster at the time and the ability to have 2 different groups touring for house shows which would cut the travel in half for each group. Now that the house shows may go away what is the point of having the brand split? Are the TV contracts so ironclad that they are necessary to keep certain stars on one channel?

This last roster split has been worse than all the previous ones. It doesn't matter if their roster is loaded with decent talent if the WWE keeps them under a glass ceiling and will only promote certain stars. How about dumping half the talent back to NXT and keeping the proven draws on the main roster?

4/29/20 4:40 PM
1/1/01

"Are the TV contracts so ironclad that they are necessary to keep certain stars on one channel?"

I'm pretty sure they are given that Raw & SD are on different networks. This is why Cole & Graves moved to announce SD, Fox reportedly really wanted Bray, etc.

They don't want people on one show that builds to a story that's going to drive viewers to watch a show on a rival network.

20 days ago
5/13/05

They are already having stars crossover because the networks are complaining about the ratings.

20 days ago
12/28/12

Ratings continue to tank. Networks continue to be upset. Crossovers won’t help because Vince is the problem.

20 days ago
9/24/18

Their roster is frieking massive. If anything they need more shows for all the talent to get enough TV time lol

20 days ago
1/1/01
evh - 

Ratings continue to tank. Networks continue to be upset. Crossovers won’t help because Vince is the problem.

You mean putting Corbin on Raw isn't gonna spike ratings?

20 days ago
1/18/03
You would think that with people in lockdown ratings would go up but it has been the opposite. WWE shows aren't the only ones suffering this and nobody is learning from this. It just proves no one wants to watch your shit.

I was home with nothing to watch when Smackdown was on. I watched for about half an hour and decided to turn it off and play video games. I didn't even want to play video games, just had nothing else I felt like doing.

This should be WWEs (and regular shows) time to amp it up and get fans back.
19 days ago
12/30/03

I don't understand why they are on two networks to begin with at this stage. They should make Raw 2 Hours - and get rid of Smackdown altogether. Use their big roster to wrestle dark matches and air them as a separate show exclusively on their own network. In these dark matches, give the guys the freedom to be themselves. Let them cut their own promos without a writer handing it to them. Use only the guys who aren't involved in angles on Raw. 

Basically, create a sink or swim division for the guys to find out who has it. A guy like EC3 could have shined in that spot or we could have figured out he didn't have much to offer.