Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Dana Brooke injured, match stopped.

6/18/19 4:28 AM
9/22/16
During filming for a Main Event match with Sarah Logan, a ring post spot went bad and Dana was busted open. There was a good amount of blood, the referee stopped the match, and Dana was walked backstage.

Fans seemed to cheer her pretty loudly on her way out. Everybody loves Dana.

:(

https://twitter.com/zaternn/status/1140769474989084673?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
6/18/19 6:15 AM
8/19/03

It's so strange how the business has changed over the past few years. 

6/18/19 6:36 AM
9/22/16
WaltJ - 

Yep. I wonder what network Main Event airs upon? I only watch the highlight videos on Youtube (mostly for Dana). WWE is dead-set on no blood, under any conditions.
6/18/19 6:37 AM
9/24/18

If this was 99 she would be at the top of my list to do Playboy. 

6/18/19 6:38 AM
9/24/18
AnthonyWeiner - 
WaltJ - 

Yep. I wonder what network Main Event airs upon? I only watch the highlight videos on Youtube (mostly for Dana). WWE is dead-set on no blood, under any conditions.

Except if you're in a main event in Saudi Arabia where there's a lot of money being paid..

6/18/19 7:04 AM
7/12/12
WaltJ -

I think it's a matter of increased awareness of blood borne pathogen risks in workplaces generally, possibly related to relevant federal regulations, certainly related to potential liabilities, magnified by being publicly traded.

6/18/19 7:06 AM
7/12/12

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much a Just Bleed wrestling fan.

Anyway, I hope grizz is sitting down when he gets this news, or RKing...whoever it is that's in love with her.

6/18/19 7:08 AM
9/24/18
Size - 
WaltJ -

I think it's a matter of increased awareness of blood borne pathogen risks in workplaces generally, possibly related to relevant federal regulations, certainly related to potential liabilities, magnified by being publicly traded.

Wasn't it just due to them going PG? They used to do it pre-2007

6/18/19 9:28 AM
1/22/05
If that was a guy, not a chance in hell he would stop the match.
6/18/19 1:28 PM
1/1/01
Jones right nostril -
Size - 
WaltJ -

In part but another major issue occurred during the Undertaker and Randy Orton feud.

Randy’s dad Cowboy Bob Orton was involved in the angle and spilled blood with Taker and Randy in a Hell in a Cell match. Bob knew he was positive for Hep C (he was asymptotic but a carrier) since he was a teenager and apparently certain WWE officials knew as well. Well the Undertaker was legit pissed and there were a lot of legal threats. In the end Bob was fired but somehow (Randy??) Bob is back in the WWE good graces.

Bob actually claims he forgot he had Hep C because he never had symptoms. Just imagine how many people he exposed over his career?? 

Supposedly John Lauranitis was aware of the Hep C from a WWE doctor but didn’t inform anyone else. 

I actually read an article recently on Lauranitis’ biggest fuck ups and this was near the top. He must have a ton of dirt on Vince.

6/18/19 1:39 PM
9/24/18
Koma - 
Jones right nostril -
Size - 
WaltJ -

In part but another major issue occurred during the Undertaker and Randy Orton feud.

Randy’s dad Cowboy Bob Orton was involved in the angle and spilled blood with Taker and Randy in a Hell in a Cell match. Bob knew he was positive for Hep C (he was asymptotic but a carrier) since he was a teenager and apparently certain WWE officials knew as well. Well the Undertaker was legit pissed and there were a lot of legal threats. In the end Bob was fired but somehow (Randy??) Bob is back in the WWE good graces.

Bob actually claims he forgot he had Hep C because he never had symptoms. Just imagine how many people he exposed over his career?? 

Supposedly John Lauranitis was aware of the Hep C from a WWE doctor but didn’t inform anyone else. 

I actually read an article recently on Lauranitis’ biggest fuck ups and this was near the top. He must have a ton of dirt on Vince.

Just checking the actual dates, WWE made the announcement they were going PG in July, 2008. That Cell match with Orton/Taker was December of 2005 so I doubt that had anything to do with the change. 

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-the-WWE-decide-to-go-PG-in-2008

That article explains the reason why WWE made the change (the last one on the list is probably why lol).

6/18/19 1:51 PM
1/1/01
Jones right nostril -
Koma - 
Jones right nostril -
Size - 
WaltJ -

Just checking the actual dates, WWE made the announcement they were going PG in July, 2008. That Cell match with Orton/Taker was December of 2005 so I doubt that had anything to do with the change. 

That article explains the reason why WWE made the change (the last one on the list is probably why lol).

The dates don’t align with the official PG timing but it was used as a reason/example later to make the no blood decision. It’s ironic to me though because I remember Brock busting open Randy hardway at a PPV a couple years ago. Guess it’s whatever fits the agenda.

6/18/19 2:02 PM
9/24/18
Koma - 
Jones right nostril -
Koma - 
Jones right nostril -
Size - 
WaltJ -

The dates don’t align with the official PG timing but it was used as a reason/example later to make the no blood decision. It’s ironic to me though because I remember Brock busting open Randy hardway at a PPV a couple years ago. Guess it’s whatever fits the agenda.

It's nonsense - they'll allow Brock to savagely slice a guys head open with his elbows because he supposedly "knows how to do it safely" but they won't allow guys to blade themselves which is a LOT safer. Totally backwards. 

6/18/19 2:07 PM
7/12/12

Brock can blade when he wants as well, haha. Unless you think he really Goldberg'd himself on the ring post three times in about three years while wrestling four times a year.

6/18/19 2:18 PM
7/12/12
Jones right nostril -
Size - 
WaltJ -

I'm sure that's a factor as well, maybe even moreso. I'm sure there's a way to cover the ass legally with contracts, and I'm not claiming to know how these regulations relate to a performance art utilizing real blood, but I'm sure they're both factors. Refs started immediately putting on plastic gloves upon the sight of blood once the "no blood era" kicked into high gear with the match stoppages, which speaks to my point about pathogen risk being more considered.

It's also interesting to note how MMA and boxing have a lot of blood, yet in the four major sports (well, never seen this come up in baseball), guys aren't allowed to stay on the field of play if bleeding. Not sure how long it's been that way with the latter, but I doubt it was like that 20 years ago (maybe basketball, heh), not that you had guys gushing out there, but it's zero tolerance now.

6/18/19 5:11 PM
1/8/04
Cactus Jack and Sabu would never have a career. And I remember reading about that Bob Orton incident and lol at forgetting to have hepatitis.
6/19/19 6:22 AM
8/2/05

Didnt the hep end Nigel McGuiness career too?

6/19/19 7:00 AM
1/1/01
RedDragonUK -

Didnt the hep end Nigel McGuiness career too?

Yup.

The worst offender of all time has to be Abdullah The Butcher. He even lost a lawsuit for infecting Hannibal. 

6/19/19 2:23 PM
4/22/07

Maybe I am gay or misremember dana,  but I recall her looking like a fat pig dancing around with the weird black guy group

6/19/19 4:06 PM
2/25/12
ShanTheMan -

Maybe I am gay or misremember dana,  but I recall her looking like a fat pig dancing around with the weird black guy group

And what part of that didnt turn you on?

6/19/19 5:37 PM
9/22/16
ShanTheMan - 

Remember how hot NXT Dana was? She's getting back to that shape. Current Dana is a smokeshow.
6/19/19 5:55 PM
4/22/07
AnthonyWeiner -
ShanTheMan - 

Remember how hot NXT Dana was? She's getting back to that shape. Current Dana is a smokeshow.

I had to google.  Yeah she looked good but I still wouldnt even have her in top 5 current wwe sluts

6/19/19 5:57 PM
9/22/16
ShanTheMan - 
AnthonyWeiner -
ShanTheMan - 

I had to google.  Yeah she looked good but I still wouldnt even have her in top 5 current wwe sluts

WWE whooahs today are (mostly) hotter than the Diva-era sluts.

It's a hot time for women's wrestling.
6/20/19 4:15 AM
4/22/07
AnthonyWeiner -
ShanTheMan - 
AnthonyWeiner -
ShanTheMan - 

WWE whooahs today are (mostly) hotter than the Diva-era sluts.

It's a hot time for women's wrestling.

I kind of agree.  Even though present them as "athletes",  most are them are boner inducing