Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Dark Side of the Ring season 2

13 days ago
2/29/16
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

I think it was Owen's blood.

It was in the ring during the Hardcore Championship match which was before Owen's fall.

13 days ago
1/1/01
Steve4192 -
Mandible_Claw - 

Taking a 3 and 7 year old to the top of Kemper arena to show them how far their dad fell down was off putting to me.

Me too, but I'll cut her some slack since she had just lost her husband under what she suspected were suspicious circumstances. People don't always make rational decisions in the immediate aftermath of losing a loved one. She probably shouldn't have brought her kids up there, but she was swimming in an ocean of grief and rage and not thinking clearly. It happens.

Disagree. That’s a good lesson for the kids. Embrace the trauma, don’t run from it. 

13 days ago
6/1/07
EggOfGreed - 
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

I think it was Owen's blood.

Regardless if it was his blood, the fact that he died and there were broken, sagging boards where he landed was enough for me.

^ This

The blood is a non-issue. The fact that the ring was compromised is the real issue, from a safety perspective.

More importantly though, the fact that a potential crime scene was contaminated and evidence potentially destroyed is an even bigger issue. Obviously, in hindsight we know that it was an accident that may have involved negligence. But they had no way of knowing that at the time. It could have been a premeditated murder. They should have involved the cops before making any decisions.
13 days ago
6/1/07
multiculturaljoseph - 
Steve4192 -
Mandible_Claw - 

Taking a 3 and 7 year old to the top of Kemper arena to show them how far their dad fell down was off putting to me.

Me too, but I'll cut her some slack since she had just lost her husband under what she suspected were suspicious circumstances. People don't always make rational decisions in the immediate aftermath of losing a loved one. She probably shouldn't have brought her kids up there, but she was swimming in an ocean of grief and rage and not thinking clearly. It happens.

Disagree. That’s a good lesson for the kids. Embrace the trauma, don’t run from it. 

I can see that argument too, and would probably agree with it if the kids were teenagers. But they were toddlers. IIRC, the boy was 6 and the girl was 3. I think that's a little too young to be teaching that particular lesson.
13 days ago
2/29/16

I was shocked to see what it looked like from where he fell. I truly hope he felt nothing.
13 days ago
2/14/11

Here’s an article from four days ago on Martha and brets relationship today 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/owen-hart-death-dark-side-of-the-ring-final-days-martha-hart-relationship-bret-hart-wwe-vince-mcmahon/amp/

13 days ago
6/9/16
TerrySilver -

Where does Bret stand in all of this? I remember at first when it happened he was pissed at the wwe. Obviously he forgave them as he came back but does he hate Martha or have any ill will towards her?

Must have been difficult for everyone involved that night to carry on with the company knowing that the owner was so ruthless. JR and Lawler were appalled and in shock at the announce table. All of the talent who had to walk through the curtains knowing they had to keep performing for the fans when one of their colleagues had just fallen to his death in that very ring. Even many of the paying customers in the crowd must have been conflicted about the show proceeding. 

Just incredibly shitty all the way around. 

13 days ago
8/6/06
Mandible_Claw -

I was shocked to see what it looked like from where he fell. I truly hope he felt nothing.

In the "Dark Side of The Podcast" they said that picture is from the score cube thing, and he fell from even above where that picture was taken.

13 days ago
9/24/18

Martha has a good interview up on Wrestling Observer Radio. She tells the story about how Bret wanted her to work his wwf video footage, matches and photos as part of the settlement, and when it didn’t happen Bret screamed at her until she broke down in tears. What a fucking idiot Bret is if that’s true. The lawsuit wasn’t about Bret and having access to his fucking matches. 

11 days ago
8/3/14

I was there. I was only 12 at the time, so I don't really remember it that well. I thought I saw the ropes on the ring shaking and it looked like he bounced off of them and came back down. Then the referee putting both hands on his head and just started freaking out. My dad thought it was a stunt. They took him out on the stretcher and that was it. I had to ask my dad about this, but as far as our memories go they never actually announced to the crowd that he died. Came home and saw the headline wrestler dies at wrestling event on local news. Maybe someone else that was there could chime in.

11 days ago
8/6/06

No, I don't believe it was ever announced to the crowd in attendance.

11 days ago
2/25/12
GP32 -

I was there. I was only 12 at the time, so I don't really remember it that well. I thought I saw the ropes on the ring shaking and it looked like he bounced off of them and came back down. Then the referee putting both hands on his head and just started freaking out. My dad thought it was a stunt. They took him out on the stretcher and that was it. I had to ask my dad about this, but as far as our memories go they never actually announced to the crowd that he died. Came home and saw the headline wrestler dies at wrestling event on local news. Maybe someone else that was there could chime in.

That's fucking crazy, there's no way they could continue the show today,  with social media it would of blown up instantly 

11 days ago
8/6/06
Dravenlives -
GP32 -

That's fucking crazy, there's no way they could continue the show today,  with social media it would of blown up instantly 

It shouldn't have even been WWE's choice to make. I do feel bad they were even put into that position. The fucking police should have stopped that show immediately, a man just died and that's possibly a crime scene.

9 days ago
3/7/05
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
Dravenlives -
GP32 -

It shouldn't have even been WWE's choice to make. I do feel bad they were even put into that position. The fucking police should have stopped that show immediately, a man just died and that's possibly a crime scene.

That is something I will never understand. What the fuck was the KCPD thinking?