Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Dark Side of the Ring season 2

3/24/20 11:12 PM
1/1/01

For those w/Vice, there is a 30 min after show with Tommy Dreamer and Chavo as guests.

3/25/20 12:27 AM
2/27/03

Edited: 3/25/20 2:27 AM
11/11/11

Part 2 posted by some youtube person

3/25/20 2:29 AM
11/11/11

Fuck 5 minutes in and this is already too much. Dont know if I'm in the mood for this tonight

Edited: 3/25/20 3:07 AM
11/11/11

Chris jericho is an awesome human being

3/25/20 4:07 AM
6/22/12
The Destroyer88 -
Dravenlives -
TheBearStare -

Just finished part1. They did an extremely good job highlighting how special the friendship was between eddie and chris. No joke i predicted benoit would kill himself the same day eddie was found dead. Never expected it would be much more tragic in reality.

Really really sad story in the business and in life. This is the only episode ive seen of this series where I felt like I learned something. The other episodes were good but it was all info hardcore fans already know. This episode has a lot of private personal photos of benoit and eddie and lots of testimonials from his loved ones including his other son. You can hear the affection everyone still has for benoit. All the video and pics of benoit just being a dad to his kids are an eye opener.

I feel really bad for david benoit. The guy cant stop smiling but you know everything he talks about must tear him up inside. Wish they had gotten benoit's dad. I always felt horrible for him too. Great episode. Hope its in some way cathertic for everyone interviewed.

I watched a david benoit interview after the episode and he was talking about wrestling under the name Chris benoit JR, wearing the same tights and using his dads theme music 

He should just use the pegasus kid name. That's still paying tribute to your father without as much controversy as calling yourself chris benoit jr.

Hed never get anywhere using the benoit name.

3/25/20 4:12 AM
6/22/12
TheBearStare -

Chris jericho is an awesome human being

I remember Jericho being the only one to really speak the truth on the news. Like he wasnt afraid to say anything, it didnt matter if it got him heat, he wanted people to know.

3/25/20 10:13 AM
1/1/01

In to watch part 2 - will do so later today.

Also - I saw some people on FB saying that they felt like part 1 was trying to allude to the notion that Benoit & Eddie may have been lovers with how utterly distraught Benoit was after Eddie died.

Did you guys get that notion at all?

3/25/20 10:53 AM
10/8/07
Wiggy -

In to watch part 2 - will do so later today.

Also - I saw some people on FB saying that they felt like part 1 was trying to allude to the notion that Benoit & Eddie may have been lovers with how utterly distraught Benoit was after Eddie died.

No. Not at all. That's odd that anyone would think that.

3/25/20 10:54 AM
3/7/05
Watched the whole thing, learned a few new things. Damn how can his son carry that weight? Having your hero murder the people you love most in the world? Great episode, but sad as fuck. And to top it off his son has no shot of ever making the big time because they are too scared of the connection. Lots of good/sad stuff about Eddie in there as well.
Edited: 3/25/20 10:57 AM
11/11/11
Wiggy - In to watch part 2 - will do so later today.

No I didn't that vibe in the slightest. It was about eddie essentially being benoit's only trusted ally and confidant. Benoit had other friends but eddie was his one true support line

3/25/20 11:19 AM
3/7/05
TheBearStare - 

No I didn't that vibe in the slightest. It was about eddie essentially being benoit's only trusted ally and confidant. Benoit had other friends but eddie was his one true support line

Yeah not at all. Just that Eddie and Chris were as close as brothers and Eddie dying ripped Chris apart. Add in the CTE and the drugs and it all goes to what pushed Benoit over the edge.
3/25/20 11:30 AM
10/8/07
BigWilliam - Watched the whole thing, learned a few new things. Damn how can his son carry that weight? Having your hero murder the people you love most in the world? Great episode, but sad as fuck. And to top it off his son has no shot of ever making the big time because they are too scared of the connection. Lots of good/sad stuff about Eddie in there as well.

I can see AEW giving him a chance because of Jericho, if he drops the dumb idea of using his dads name at least. 

3/25/20 11:49 AM
3/7/05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g49i4uykKqA

Cornette interview of the Dark Side of the Ring producers, good stuff
3/25/20 12:25 PM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - 
TheBearStare - 

Yeah not at all. Just that Eddie and Chris were as close as brothers and Eddie dying ripped Chris apart. Add in the CTE and the drugs and it all goes to what pushed Benoit over the edge.

See, this is all how I took it, too.

I was legit surprised that was what they got out of it.

3/25/20 12:51 PM
2/25/12

I'd always wondered why he hadn't just killed himself, why did he kill Nancy and Daniel and I think he'd bought into religion so much that he thought if he did it they'd all be together in a better place along with Eddie

3/25/20 12:59 PM
1/1/01

On the after show Chavo talked about how trolls will still send him the same final messages that Benoit texted him on social media. Some sick fucks out there.

Edited: 3/25/20 1:03 PM
6/22/12
Thats so fucked up, if anyone needed a jay and silent bob stile montage ass kicking it those slimey fucks
3/25/20 1:04 PM
1/1/01
Dravenlives -

I'd always wondered why he hadn't just killed himself, why did he kill Nancy and Daniel and I think he'd bought into religion so much that he thought if he did it they'd all be together in a better place along with Eddie

They didn’t get into the conspiracy theories about Daniel. There were a lot of rumors that he had a genetic disorder or was otherwise special needs. It was theorized at the time that Benoit didn’t want him to grow up without parents. Benoit had killed Nancy and knew he was either going to jail or committing suicide.

3/25/20 1:07 PM
6/22/12
TheBearStare -

Idk i kinda thought they were gunna go down that road when chavo mentioned it was like he lost a spouse and when vicki said he was curled up on eddies side of the bed crying into his pillow, but who knows Eddie might've been the only real friend chris ever had

3/25/20 1:10 PM
11/11/11
The Destroyer88 -
BigWilliam - Watched the whole thing, learned a few new things. Damn how can his son carry that weight? Having your hero murder the people you love most in the world? Great episode, but sad as fuck. And to top it off his son has no shot of ever making the big time because they are too scared of the connection. Lots of good/sad stuff about Eddie in there as well.

I can see AEW giving him a chance because of Jericho, if he drops the dumb idea of using his dads name at least. 

Agree with this. However I sort of dont think the son has any real desire to pursue wrestling. There would be way more chatter if he actually had finished training anywhere. Seems like he check out the storm wrestling academy but stopped after a few days. 

3/25/20 2:28 PM
2/29/16

Holy fuck. He broke Nancy's back when he strangled her?

3/25/20 2:53 PM
2/29/16

Malenko is shaking when he talks. Early onset Parkinson's? Or maybe the emotions were coming out and his nerves were getting to him?

3/25/20 3:10 PM
2/4/11
Koma -

For those w/Vice, there is a 30 min after show with Tommy Dreamer and Chavo as guests.

Watched both parts and the After Dark.. Was very sad to hear some new details.. As far as After Dark goes, the main guy running it was hard to hear (soft spoken) or mic not turned up.. Also, they would cut to breaks like every 5min and he would repeat his name and name of guests which I felt was unnecessary.. Idk.. I think they could get another guy for that After Dark show.. 

I guess it was the first After Dark and they have time to improve the show is what i'm hoping..

Next episode is The Life and Crime of New Jack

3/25/20 3:22 PM
3/7/05
Mandible_Claw - 

Holy fuck. He broke Nancy's back when he strangled her?

Had not heard that before, that is fucked up. Imagine the pain at having someone put a knee in your back and pull your head back until your back breaks. Benoit completely flipped out.