Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Dark Side of the Ring season 2

2 days ago
2/29/16

When David Benoit describes how he first found out, the missed calls from the RCMP, the pain in his face is unreal. Everytime he went to blink his eyes started to roll back and his face would tighten. That was some serious traumatic stuff to talk about, obviously. 

2 days ago
2/29/16

And I agree that "Woman" should be placed in the WWE HoF. She can't go in as Nancy Benoit obviously and it's going to take a decade or two until they would put her in I imagine.

2 days ago
6/22/12
Mandible_Claw -

Malenko is shaking when he talks. Early onset Parkinson's? Or maybe the emotions were coming out and his nerves were getting to him?

Yea i noticed lots of shaking as well in hoping he was just like rocking his leg or something

2 days ago
12/1/11
SuperKamiGuru -
Mandible_Claw -

Malenko is shaking when he talks. Early onset Parkinson's? Or maybe the emotions were coming out and his nerves were getting to him?

Yea i noticed lots of shaking as well in hoping he was just like rocking his leg or something

At Starrcast 3 he announced he has Parkinson's disease.

2 days ago
1/1/01

If David Benoit hit a few cycles at CrossFit he’d look exactly like his dad.

Only way he could rassle is masked lol 

2 days ago
6/22/12
Sergio -
SuperKamiGuru -
Mandible_Claw -

At Starrcast 3 he announced he has Parkinson's disease.

Fuck, that sucks

2 days ago
2/25/12
Koma -
Dravenlives -

I'd always wondered why he hadn't just killed himself, why did he kill Nancy and Daniel and I think he'd bought into religion so much that he thought if he did it they'd all be together in a better place along with Eddie

They didn’t get into the conspiracy theories about Daniel. There were a lot of rumors that he had a genetic disorder or was otherwise special needs. It was theorized at the time that Benoit didn’t want him to grow up without parents. Benoit had killed Nancy and knew he was either going to jail or committing suicide.

I'd heard that too but Nancy's sister said it was all bullshit on TIJ

2 days ago
12/15/00
TheBearStare -

Chris jericho is an awesome human being

Pretty much any time there is a wrestler based go fund me you see Chris drop in and make a big donation under his real name with no comments or social media mention etc.  Gave Kamala 5 grand to save his house etc. 

2 days ago
8/14/12
Mandible_Claw -

When David Benoit describes how he first found out, the missed calls from the RCMP, the pain in his face is unreal. Everytime he went to blink his eyes started to roll back and his face would tighten. That was some serious traumatic stuff to talk about, obviously. 

Took alot of character for the cop to Take him for a walk & talk to him after being punched by him 

2 days ago
1/1/01

Watched Part 2 last night...dang. That was tough. I really felt for David - you could tell he was in so much pain. Gotta say it was really good to see Chavo come in like that - I didn't realize everyone was in the same place while doing the interviews. When David said Jericho and Chavo were the only ones to reach out to him, then Chavo came in screen like that...I dunno.

I don't wanna say it felt "good" as that's not the right word...but it was just good to see.

Bear is right - Jericho is one SOLID dude. There was something cool about David and his aunt (her name escapes me now) meeting up with Jericho after what you could tell was an AEW show. Him putting the time into them like that still when the company is relatively new and all that...showed a lot, IMO.

I cringed when they tried to make it look like steroids were a part of why all this happened. "Roid rage" is one of the most over-publicized things ever and wasn't the reason he did all this.

2 days ago
2/25/12

I think he deserves forgiveness but for sure hes never going into hall of fame 

He was clearly suffering from PTSD and brain damage...combine that with prescription pills and steroids and it's a disaster waiting to happen 

2 days ago
1/1/01

The part about Regal knowing more about Benoit’s home life makes sense now when you see his RAW “tribute”. 

1 day ago
3/7/05
Koma - 

The part about Regal knowing more about Benoit’s home life makes sense now when you see his RAW “tribute”. 

When the played Regal's comments you could tell he knew something was very, very wrong. At the time I didn't think anything of it just in the emotion of the entire show and all.
1 day ago
9/24/18

Watching this brings me back to how shady it was for Vince to the run the show that night. They knew full well what had happened. It was the easy way out to just not let the audience in the building. 

This wasn't like 1999 with Owen, this was 2007 where everyone had mobile phones. The whole crowd would have known what had really happened. Meltzer said he knew by 5pm that day, so Vince and Co. definitely knew what was up and decided to do the show anyway to get a rating. 

1 day ago
3/7/05
No way, even Vince is not crazy enough to run a tribute show for a man that murdered his wife and son.
1 day ago
1/1/01

Yeah, there was no way anyone knew what the actual story was, yet.

Hell, I remember early speculation / rumor including everything from a triple murder to foul play by Kevin Sullivan. And remember the weirdly updated wikipedia page?

Had they had even 12 hours more notice, it'd likely have been different. But on that short of a time-frame, as well as the likely chaos that ensued, they didn't know.

1 day ago
3/7/05
Wiggy - 

Yeah, there was no way anyone knew what the actual story was, yet.

Hell, I remember early speculation / rumor including everything from a triple murder to foul play by Kevin Sullivan. And remember the weirdly updated wikipedia page?

Had they had even 12 hours more notice, it'd likely have been different. But on that short of a time-frame, as well as the likely chaos that ensued, they didn't know.

The first thing I remember hearing was carbon monoxide, probably just someone backstage speculating on how an entire family dies at once though.
1 day ago
9/24/18
BigWilliam - No way, even Vince is not crazy enough to run a tribute show for a man that murdered his wife and son.

Meltzer has confirmed that he knew exactly what had happened by 5pm that Monday from someone WITHIN WWE. 

So if someone can explain that one, i'd love to know. They knew something very fishy was up, hence why they didn't allow the fans in the arena. What other explanation is there? With Eddie they let the fans in because they knew there was no foul play. 

12 hours ago
2/4/11

Episode 2 trailer..

12 hours ago
3/7/05
Jones right nostril - 
BigWilliam - No way, even Vince is not crazy enough to run a tribute show for a man that murdered his wife and son.

Meltzer has confirmed that he knew exactly what had happened by 5pm that Monday from someone WITHIN WWE. 

So if someone can explain that one, i'd love to know. They knew something very fishy was up, hence why they didn't allow the fans in the arena. What other explanation is there? With Eddie they let the fans in because they knew there was no foul play. 

The only thing I can think of is either Metzler is lying, or someone like William Regal told him but didn't say a word to Vince.
4 hours ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam -
Jones right nostril - 

The only thing I can think of is either Metzler is lying, or someone like William Regal told him but didn't say a word to Vince.

Agree.

Plus remember that whole thing where on a wrestling forum someone posted about it but it turned out to be some random guy from Stamford, Connecticut? 

1 hour ago
1/1/01

Meltzer said he heard the rumor of it being murder/suicide about an hour before the RAW started. He didn’t have it confirmed until the RAW show was on. Just said this on his Wednesday podcast.