Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Davey Boy Smith Jr. will fight MMA

25 days ago
1/1/01

Has not signed with Bellator yet but plans to fight for them. Used to train with Barnett.

Huge fan of his dad as kid, that delayed suplex was awesome and he had a great running slam too.

Never seen Jr. wrestle but I'll cheer for him in MMA.

25 days ago
10/8/07

I'm sure they'll try to build him up for a fight with Swagger.

25 days ago
2/29/16

I would have liked to see him get better at wrestling but he didn't really evolve. Could have made a comeback to WWE and been successful if he had.

24 days ago
1/1/01
He's been saying for years that he was going to go into MMA someday. At least since he was cut from WWE, maybe even before that.
24 days ago
1/1/01
Mandible_Claw - 

I would have liked to see him get better at wrestling but he didn't really evolve. Could have made a comeback to WWE and been successful if he had.

Do you think this means he quits wrestling all together? From what I've seen, especially with the JMMA fighters/wrestlers. They keep wrestling and do a little MMA on the side.
24 days ago
1/14/12

Wasn’t he doing grappling events with Barnett and has some kind training from Josh I seem to remember reading about this when Smith saved someone jumping off a bridge.

24 days ago
3/7/05
He is a big, athletic guy. Not sure about the background though, unless he has spent some serious time training with Josh he might be in for an unpleasant surprise.
24 days ago
12/14/00
He should start in Rizin fighting a couple cans. They rarely have anymore HW fights though. I don't foresee much success in Bellator.
24 days ago
1/1/01

I wish we had more HWs still doing works and shoots like Shamrock, Suzuki, Funaki,  Severn Frye, Fujita, Lesnar, etc...

I'd love to see MMA blow up in Japan again and bring the pro wrestling fans and public back to Saitama for huge events.

If ya as me, little AW women are not gonna make MMA big in Japan again, they need the big boys, like in K1, and PRIDE.

God I miss prime PRIDE and K1.

24 days ago
2/29/16
BJ Penn Forever -
Mandible_Claw - 

Do you think this means he quits wrestling all together? From what I've seen, especially with the JMMA fighters/wrestlers. They keep wrestling and do a little MMA on the side.

Oh yeah. He could bounce back and forth for sure. There's a lot of money for him to still make in wrestling.

Maybe he thinks he's going to pull off what Barnett did back in the day.

24 days ago
8/31/07

He's been quite good in rasslin these last couple years, seriously doubt he's done there. He wants to go to AEW, has some degree of a contract with MLW. Gotta imagine he'll need to focus 100% on MMA for now , is he going to skip Ammy altogether? I know Bellator used to sign prospects, sometimes years before their eventual Bellator debut

22 days ago
1/1/01
I want to see him debut on the RIZIN/Bellator Dec 29th card against a NJPW guy of equal skill.
20 days ago
8/31/07

^Jesus, you trying to usher in another dark era of NJPW while it's peaking?!?

Crazy if he doesn't learn from Punk and go get some damn Ammy fights, I swear.

He wasn't a college wrestler like other fast tracked pro wrestlers, crazy talk him debuting on tv.

20 days ago
1/1/01
He's trained for a while, and I think he won a NAGA event a few years ago...
20 days ago
8/31/07

^oh, nice

20 days ago
3/7/05
BiggGunn - He's trained for a while, and I think he won a NAGA event a few years ago...

It does kind of depend what division in NAGA. Advanced/pro you might have something. Beginner/white belt, not so much.
20 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - 
BiggGunn - He's trained for a while, and I think he won a NAGA event a few years ago...

It does kind of depend what division in NAGA. Advanced/pro you might have something. Beginner/white belt, not so much.

Masters NO-GI Expert Super Heavy Weight
1st Place Harry Smith

https://nagafighter.com/index.php?module=eventdetailpage/516#
20 days ago
3/7/05
BiggGunn - 
BigWilliam - 

Masters NO-GI Expert Super Heavy Weight
1st Place Harry Smith

https://nagafighter.com/index.php?module=eventdetailpage/516#

That does sound like a decent starting point. Maybe he will do well afterall. He better come out wearing his father's British Bulldog cape though!
20 days ago
1/1/01
In other news, can someone tell NAGA that hte 90s called and wants it's web page design back?
19 days ago
12/30/03

I'm not sure how many of you train but if you do and you've seen his grappling, dude is going to get wrecked. You can youtube a seminar he gives to some aspiring pro wrestlers and every technique he demonstrates looks like he learned it by watching Bas Rutten videos. He's wearing Sakuraba's gear which made it even worse to me. 

18 days ago
12/27/06
WrestlingSucks - 

I'm not sure how many of you train but if you do and you've seen his grappling, dude is going to get wrecked. You can youtube a seminar he gives to some aspiring pro wrestlers and every technique he demonstrates looks like he learned it by watching Bas Rutten videos. He's wearing Sakuraba's gear which made it even worse to me. 

For the people on the board who know who I actually am... They will tell you my opinion on hwts holds water... Wrestled in 5 UWW world championships freestyle, greco, and grappling. Number 1 hwt in the country in hs, ironman champ,2x super 32 champ, Black belt testing right now (month long process in my academy) Top ranked CACC practitioner, SUNDEVIL.... Harry is currently sparring and training with the Big Dogs in town and is/will be more than ready.. He has put in a LOT OF TIME quietly while people weren't looking.... YEARS AND YEARS and is MUCH BIGGER than people realize..
14 days ago
1/1/01
RUSRedDevil -
WrestlingSucks - 

For the people on the board who know who I actually am... They will tell you my opinion on hwts holds water... Wrestled in 5 UWW world championships freestyle, greco, and grappling. Number 1 hwt in the country in hs, ironman champ,2x super 32 champ, Black belt testing right now (month long process in my academy) Top ranked CACC practitioner, SUNDEVIL.... Harry is currently sparring and training with the Big Dogs in town and is/will be more than ready.. He has put in a LOT OF TIME quietly while people weren't looking.... YEARS AND YEARS and is MUCH BIGGER than people realize..

Will be more than ready... good to hear, I'll look forward to his debut.

Don't even know the guy and I'll cheer like hell for him to succeed just because I was such a fan of his dad as a child.

14 days ago
12/28/12

he’s also going to be at bloodsport next month

8 days ago
9/16/12

We have mutual friends and he appearantly still trains MMA pretty intensely.  I’d love to see him compete. 

6 days ago
12/30/03
RUSRedDevil -
WrestlingSucks - 

I'm going to find the video again. His movement just looked like it lacked any fluidity even in demonstrating moves. Who knows. I doubt he's fighting Overeem in his debut so we shall see.