Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Favourite wrestlers autobiographies?

8/12/19 2:20 PM
9/24/18

Anyone read any good wrestlers books? I've read bits of Bret's books, Jericho's first book and a couple of Mick Foly's books which I really enjoyed. 

I know a lot of the wrestling autobiogrphies out there are dog shit though. 

Any recommendations?

8/12/19 3:22 PM
1/1/01

Dynamite Kid's is MUST read.

DDP's is good too.  

8/12/19 3:24 PM
3/8/04

Missy Hyatt's was pretty good as a quick read.  Lots of stories of her whoring it up.

Dynamite Kid

8/12/19 4:50 PM
11/11/11

Dynamite kid.

Bret's was good but also disappointing. Maybe I shouldnt have been surprised but he really just comes off as a high school jock who tries to sound smart or wise. On top of that he is so desperate for validation. Every opportunity he has he is trying to put himself over even with really insignificant stuff. "I tied my shoes this morning and person X said he had never seen someone tie there shoes so well before." Thats obviously not an exact quote but the book is filled with that sprt of chatter. Props to him for his honesty, but his stock actually dropped in my eyes. In contrast with dynamite who was also brutally honest in his book but doesn't try to put himself on any pedestal or have any agenda for trying to get himself over or be validated.

Ive heard multiple times that stan hansen's is really good as well. Its on my list to read.

8/12/19 5:43 PM
1/1/01

Gary hart, Brett Hart, JJ Dillon

8/12/19 6:49 PM
10/8/07

William Regals book is great. I went in not knowing much about the guy other than his work in wcw and wwe. Now I'm sad that more fans didn't appreciate his work, especially his heel work at the end of his career.

8/12/19 9:19 PM
12/6/10
TheBearStare -

Dynamite kid.

Bret's was good but also disappointing. Maybe I shouldnt have been surprised but he really just comes off as a high school jock who tries to sound smart or wise. On top of that he is so desperate for validation. Every opportunity he has he is trying to put himself over even with really insignificant stuff. "I tied my shoes this morning and person X said he had never seen someone tie there shoes so well before." Thats obviously not an exact quote but the book is filled with that sprt of chatter. Props to him for his honesty, but his stock actually dropped in my eyes. In contrast with dynamite who was also brutally honest in his book but doesn't try to put himself on any pedestal or have any agenda for trying to get himself over or be validated.

Ive heard multiple times that stan hansen's is really good as well. Its on my list to read.

I loved Bret’s book but the part where he says that referee Joey Marella had randomly told him the night before he died that he was the best worker he’d ever seen while checking his hands before a match had me chuckling a bit.. 

Shawn’s book was ok but you can tell he didn’t want to be too honest because he was such a piece of shit in his heyday that the stories would make him look incredibly bad today. Too many stories that leave you hanging which he doesn’t go into details because of  “bad memory”

8/13/19 12:23 AM
1/1/01
Bob Holly's is underrated. Had zero expectations going in and was pleasantly surprized.

Ric Flair's is pretty good.

Daniel Bryan's is also pretty good.
8/13/19 1:47 AM
1/14/12

Dynamite Kid is really worth a read and Mick Foley’s first book is great.

It would be amazing if Vince ever did a book with just his honest story.

8/13/19 2:05 AM
4/5/08
Dynamite Kid's is practically impossible to get over here in the UK. Only ever see it second hand and over $50.

Mick Foley's first is probably my favourite but I also liked Jericho's first one too.
8/13/19 7:24 AM
10/25/12

Death Clutch by Brock is a pretty good, it goes between his life growing up, college wrestling, WWE, UFC, personal life.

8/13/19 11:43 AM
1/1/01

“A Lions Tale” by Chris Jericho. Absolutely hilarious, very entertaining!

8/13/19 4:37 PM
1/18/06
I read Edge's book and went from not really caring about him to being a huge fan.
8/13/19 5:31 PM
2/24/19

William Regal

Ivan Koloff

J.J. Dillon

Gary Hart

George Steele

Mick Foley

8/13/19 6:18 PM
10/27/03
TheBearStare -

Dynamite kid.

Dynamite Kid constantly puts himself on a pedestal and rambled about how tough and badass he was.

8/13/19 6:38 PM
12/20/10

Batista's is a good read. Confirms he was smashing Melina

Edited: 8/13/19 8:43 PM
11/11/11
FingerorMoon -
TheBearStare -

Dynamite kid.

Dynamite Kid constantly puts himself on a pedestal and rambled about how tough and badass he was.

Been years since I read it, maybe I'm wrong but thats not my recollection from reading it several times.  He seemed to be straight shooter with what he was good at and what he was bad at both personally and professionally. It seemed pretty consistent with how others have commented on him

8/13/19 9:04 PM
5/3/12

I read Stone Cold, The Rock, and Foley's 2nd.

Liked them all.

8/13/19 9:20 PM
1/1/01
The Topester -

Batista's is a good read. Confirms he was smashing Melina

Strong disagree. I thought his autobiography was crap.

Edited: 8/14/19 6:19 AM
10/27/03
TheVandalz - I read Edge's book and went from not really caring about him to being a huge fan.

So what you’re saying is that on that day, you saw clearly, and everything came to life?

8/14/19 9:09 AM
2/29/16

I've read everything there is except Dynamite Kid's. I'll check that out.

To name an underrated one, Adam Copeland on Edge. Give it a read. Very good.

8/14/19 11:22 AM
11/11/11

Dynamite's book is also much better the more familiar you are with the Canadian and japanese wrestling scene. Because he mentions a lot of people and gives his thoughts on them.

8/14/19 11:26 PM
1/1/01
not an autobiography, but Pain and Passion, a book on Stampede Wrestling is also very good.
8/15/19 9:30 AM
7/13/09

Terry Funks was good 

Ric Flair, Billy Robinson, Stone Cold, Foley, Lou Thesz all good. Start to all sound the same after a while. 

8/16/19 2:10 PM
1/1/01
Rakoshi -

William Regal

Ivan Koloff

J.J. Dillon

Gary Hart

George Steele

Mick Foley

JJ Dillon’s is so underrated. That guy was involved in every aspect of wrestling during his career and is a great story teller.