20 days ago
1/1/01
The Ivan Koloff's skull crusher has to be the best finisher. I'm surprised no new talent has used that yet.
20 days ago
11/11/11

Stone cold stunner

Dragon suplex

Kobashi's burning hammer

Those are my picks

20 days ago
4/22/07

Diamond Cutter was the shit at the height of my fandom.

Stunner too.

20 days ago
3/14/11

The stunner because you could hit it on everyone no matter the size no matter what he was able to hit it. 

the tombstone as it became so protected and was then end when he hit it, made those who kicked out super exciting because you were like oh shit this is crazy he kicked out. Plus the one he hit on Shawn Michaels in his retirement match was insane.

my wtf pick has to be the vertibreaker. I know it was dangerous but every time he hit it looked like he might paralyze the guy he hit it on, mainly because that was a real possibility.  Fuck agreeing to have that done to you lol 

20 days ago
9/24/18
Stunner and Sweet Chin Music are two that come to mind straight away. Also Bret's sharpshooter.
20 days ago
11/11/11

Tombstone is a cool move but I lost interest in taker's once i discovered that people had been doing it decades prior and better. Freaking dynamite kid jumping in the air spiking tiger mask outside the ring or benoit jumping off the buckle tombstoning the shit out of their opponents.

20 days ago
11/11/11

Gotch pile driver is a very cool move with history

20 days ago
7/12/12

I like the package piledriver.

20 days ago
1/1/01

Jake’s DDT and Rick Rude’s “Rude Awakening” neck breaker. 

I always thought that a finisher should be able to be hit on anyone regardless of size. 

20 days ago
9/24/18
My all time worst though: GTS
20 days ago
5/13/05

Superkick. It is so great that everybody uses it now for either a set up or finisher. Young Bucks, Usos, Entire roster of NXT, Ricochet, Cedric Alexander, Dolph Ziggler, etc.

20 days ago
12/30/03

As a kid, the boston crab seemed like the epitome of finishing move. I believed you couldn't get out of it because we put eachother in it and couldn't get out of it. 

The figure four leglock was another finish that seemed legit to me. 

Today: I like the Rock Bottom because it is a legitimate judo takedown with some added showbiz to make it fan friendly.  The Diamond Cutter was the coolest move ever when I first saw it. DDP hitting it outta nowhere from different places put it over heavy with highschool me. 

20 days ago
7/12/12
WrestlingSucks -

As a kid, the boston crab seemed like the epitome of finishing move. I believed you couldn't get out of it because we put eachother in it and couldn't get out of it. 

Today: I like the Rock Bottom because it is a legitimate judo takedown with some added showbiz to make it fan friendly.  The Diamond Cutter was the coolest move ever when I first saw it. DDP hitting it outta nowhere from different places put it over heavy with highschool me. 

I didn't see much Nitro, because I would tape every minute of Raw, but even just seeing a little Nitro during commercials, it was amazing how over that move was. I remember WCW did a lot to put over the fact of numerous possible entries into the move, and it would blow the roof off the building when he hit it.

20 days ago
5/13/05
Size -
WrestlingSucks -

I didn't see much Nitro, because I would tape every minute of Raw, but even just seeing a little Nitro during commercials, it was amazing how over that move was. I remember WCW did a lot to put over the fact of numerous possible entries into the move, and it would blow the roof off the building when he hit it.

20 days ago
11/2/11

Shane helms vertabreaker , and of course burning hammer by kobashi 

20 days ago
11/11/11

I seriously loathe seeing the burning hammer done by anyone else. Withour fail its always done as some throwaway move, plus it looks way more devastating when done by kobashi on.another true heavyweight. Just the amount of impact and ugliness

20 days ago
7/12/12
TheBearStare - 

I seriously loathe seeing the burning hammer done by anyone else. Withour fail its always done as some throwaway move, plus it looks way more devastating when done by kobashi on.another true heavyweight. Just the amount of impact and ugliness

Dan Maff uses it as his finisher. Mark Briscoe also uses a modified version (one arm trapped) called the "cutthroat driver" as an alternate finishing move on occasion.

But I have seen someone do it rather randomly before and it's very unfortunate that anyone would treat such a devastating looking move and rare, protected finisher (by its originator) as a random spot.
20 days ago
6/22/12

Stunner and Diamond cutter

Always liked the Jackhammer 

Super kick

Victorias widowmaker was pretty nice

Canadian destroyer used to be awesome but is like a joke now

Any form or variation of the sharpshooter

20 days ago
11/11/11
Size -
TheBearStare - 

Dan Maff uses it as his finisher. Mark Briscoe also uses a modified version (one arm trapped) called the "cutthroat driver" as an alternate finishing move on occasion.

But I have seen someone do it rather randomly before and it's very unfortunate that anyone would treat such a devastating looking move and rare, protected finisher (by its originator) as a random spot.

I remember seeing brian Kendrick, and Elgin bust it out in recent years, along with some roh guys years back in the early 2000s

19 days ago
6/19/12

Sharpshooter. 

19 days ago
1/1/01
TheBearStare - 
Size -
TheBearStare - 

I remember seeing brian Kendrick, and Elgin bust it out in recent years, along with some roh guys years back in the early 2000s

Brian Kendrick doing it to Ibushi in that NXT tournament had me marking out.
19 days ago
1/8/04

Jake's DDT

19 days ago
3/14/11
TheBearStare -
Size -
TheBearStare - 

Isn’t that move like sacred in Japan? I could be misremembering (lots of punches to the face) but wasn’t that one of those moves you had to clear with the promoter before you use over there? Also no way I would want someone doing that to me 250 nights a year as a regular finisher. 

19 days ago
10/27/03
TFK_2nolatch4 -

Sharpshooter. 

Got me into submission wrestling.

When I watched UFC 1 I was like, “It’s real!!”

Edited: 18 days ago
8/19/03

I don't know about my favorite singles finisher, but for tag teams I loved the DOOMSDAY DEVICE.

First of all, that's a badass fucking name for a finisher, and second, it was so appropos for such a dominant, smash mouth, ass kicking team.