Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground How much $$$ has AEW cost Vince?

14 days ago
1/1/01

The info in the Revival thread about Vince offering them $900k/year each got me thinking...

...just how much $$$ do you think AEW has cost Vince? Has anyone done any kinda research or data collection on it?

I mean, WWE just signed Edge to $3 million/year. He was always gonna get big $$$, but it's a good bet that he leveraged talking to AEW into getting Vince to offer more than he may otherwise have. AJ said he always wanted to stay in WWE, but you gotta think Vince ponied more to keep him, just in case. And there's no way Randy Orton didn't play teasing AEW into a bigger payday.

Not to mention everyone else that got signed / extended contracts just to keep them from going to the competition. I mean, Gallows & Anderson got $700k/year each FFS.

Now, WWE is making more via NXT getting broadcast on USA. However, when that switch was made, I remember hearing that all NXT contracts were converted into main roster contracts.

(Though to be fair, I don't know what that actually means. By some accounts, Kairi Sane is still only making $60k/year, and she's a main roster women's tag champ.)

That said, you would have to balance out the extra USA network $$$ against any revenue lost due to decreased network subscriptions since people don't need it to watch NXT, anymore.

14 days ago
12/28/12

its a drop in the bucket compared to the plunging stock price. aew is forcing vinces hand but he a long history of mismanagement

14 days ago
1/1/01

I was gonna bring up the stock price, but don't know enough about it.

I mean, WWE is bound to have taken a pretty big hit to his bottom line, at least in part, to all this new $$$ he's having to shell out for contracts.  It's gotta be several more $million a year all told.

That could (would) have a drastic effect on quarterly earnings, which is said to be a (the?) catalyst, either by itself, or causing other things to happen, that has led to the falling stock price in recent weeks.

(For those that don't know, WWE has lost something like a $billion in value.)

14 days ago
3/7/05

Far less than the XFL will cost him.

14 days ago
12/28/12
BigWilliam - Far less than the XFL will cost him.

likely 300-400 million over the first few years

14 days ago
3/7/05

That whole thing just seems like pure insanity.

14 days ago
6/9/16

Wiggy, you're a mod now???

14 days ago
1/1/01
Taco Muncher - 

lol no

Years (and I mean YEARS) ago, Kirik asked me to mod the UG and S&C subforums...mostly the latter as I used to be super-active there.

However, I never really had any "mod powers", so to speak...all I could ever do was click a link labeled "Warn Super Admin" (whatever that meant) if I saw something out of line.

In return, I got a perma-blue name.

Now, all my posts in the UG and S&C subforums are red.  However, whenever I start a new thread, I'm a red, but all other posts (including subsequent ones in threads I create), I'm a blue.

At least, that's how it is in the OG framed forum.  I don't go to (won't use) the other version.
14 days ago
6/9/16
Wiggy -
Taco Muncher - 

lol no

Years (and I mean YEARS) ago, Kirik asked me to mod the UG and S&C subforums...mostly the latter as I used to be super-active there.

However, I never really had any "mod powers", so to speak...all I could ever do was click a link labeled "Warn Super Admin" (whatever that meant) if I saw something out of line.

In return, I got a perma-blue name.

Now, all my posts in the UG and S&C subforums are red.  However, whenever I start a new thread, I'm a red, but all other posts (including subsequent ones in threads I create), I'm a blue.

At least, that's how it is in the OG framed forum.  I don't go to (won't use) the other version.

Cool. What you got against the Standard (non-frame) version of the forum? Other than the fact that it doesn't work half the time? LOL!

13 days ago
10/3/16

About tree fiddy

Edited: 13 days ago
12/28/12

WWE stock ($WWE) is currently trading down ANOTHER 19% in premarket.

IT IS NOW UNDER $40 PER SHARE SOMEBODY DO THE FIRE DOG COFFEE GIF

-- Tony Maglio (@TonyMaglio) February 6, 2020

struggling this morning with the mixed financial results

13 days ago
12/28/12

oh ok guys well here's the answer from the horse's mouth

nothing to see here!

13 days ago
1/1/01
evh - 

oh ok guys well here's the answer from the horse's mouth

nothing to see here!

No, AEW didn't make you keep your talent that wanted releases on lockdown, AEW also didn't make you put NXT in their time slot to draw viewers from them, and also didn't make you sign good workers outside of WWE so AEW couldn't.

One of the most honest comments I heard on RAW was Lawler telling Vince (while commenting on a match) "You know WCW exists. You can't just pretend they don't." Vince just muttered something barely audible in response.
12 days ago
5/4/04

The whole stock market is down, not just WWE.  Now if the XFL tanks this weekend I would expect it to drop more.

12 days ago
12/28/12
jujitsujamo -

The whole stock market is down, not just WWE.  Now if the XFL tanks this weekend I would expect it to drop more.

djia is up 1000+ points in the past week

wwe is down 33%. they tanked due to the management shakeup and bad metrics

12 days ago
1/1/01

Contracts have increased, work dates have decreased and workplace culture is a priority in 2020.

Cody already won. 

12 days ago
3/7/05
multiculturaljoseph - 

Contracts have increased, work dates have decreased and workplace culture is a priority in 2020.

Cody already won. 

Except creative is still a bunch of clowns backstopped by a senile lunatic and his clueless daughter.
12 days ago
12/28/12
BigWilliam -
multiculturaljoseph - 

Cody already won. 

Except creative is still a bunch of clowns backstopped by a senile lunatic and his clueless daughter.

hope that Jeff Bezos will let Heyman run wild when he purchases the company

12 days ago
9/24/18

Vince is offering (allegedly) 900k to the revival .. in what universe would that happen if AEW didn't exist?? 

AEW has cost Vince millions but it's like a wet piece of lettuce to Vince these days. He's rolling in cash. 

12 days ago
3/7/05
Jones right nostril - 

Vince is offering (allegedly) 900k to the revival .. in what universe would that happen if AEW didn't exist?? 

AEW has cost Vince millions but it's like a wet piece of lettuce to Vince these days. He's rolling in cash. 

See I don't see that as AEW costing VKM money as much as Vince's ego costing him money. No way AEW throws that kind of cash at the Revival. Vince is bidding against himself.