Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground I'm really not into The Young Bucks...

11/5/19 3:05 PM
3/28/10

Jim Ross used to criticize that shit. Now he gets paid to say it’s great. 

11/5/19 4:21 PM
1/1/01
roninthebox -

They couldn't lace the revivals boots , I could never get into the bucks as performers.

It’s ok to like both.

11/5/19 4:23 PM
2/28/06
I'm not really into AEW
11/6/19 7:41 AM
11/2/11

I'm digging aew mainly because of Jericho, dude has to be the goat now.

Edited: 11/6/19 9:31 AM
7/13/09

I’ve suspended the little Jim Cornette in me to give them a shot and do like them and Kenny Olivea. 

The problem is, and none of them seem to care that, when you do massive amounts of flippy floppy moves and kick out of every finisher 15 times before the end then suicide dive in EVERY SINGLE MATCH . Those moves not only now don’t have meaning to your match but to the matches that come after. It’s not that they need to go back to 1980s we’re a DDT or a Superplex ends the match but they do too many high spots while not selling that they’re hurt for any length of time. Then acting like fans are old farts or Jim Cornette’s wrong for pointing that out is cunty, Cornette’s a prick about some stuff but some stuff he’s absolutely right on.

So yeah they probably will get a backlash as the NJPW reputation fades and they’re exposed. Pro wrestling’s fan base is older. They’ve been playing to the younger Indy crowd most of this whole time. Older cats like NWA type stuff more than flippy floppy no sell repeat then repeat again. 

11/6/19 9:34 AM
7/13/09
roninthebox -

I'm digging aew mainly because of Jericho, dude has to be the goat now.

It feels like the How to do Pro Wrestling show whenever he’s on. Dude should be called the professor for teaching all these kids how to do it right. 

11/6/19 11:19 AM
11/11/11

Young bucks definitely are spot fest and not for everyone's tastes. I definitely prefer a match more like the hart Foundation vs the steiner bros which i posted a while ago.with that said I dont know how they manage to do it but the bucks always seem to find a way to top themselves. Or it least make their matches feel like they are topping previous matches. The one aspect I do enjoy is the mounting level of chaos and insanity their matches always seem to breakdown into by the end prior to the finale.

I think to help the overall aew tag product be successful and prevent becoming stale they need to make it a rule for the boys backstage that only the bucks and lucha bros are allowed to have matches like that. Reduce or eliminate other teams from doing dives and flippy shit. It really shouldnt be in in every match

Edited: 11/6/19 11:27 AM
11/11/11

I really freaking hate how normalized table/chair spots, dives and APRON spots are in every stupid match no matter where they fall on the card or how unimportant they are. The apron spots piss me off because it's so devastating, it legit hurts the wrestlers and its the darling of every Indy wrestler over the past few years. Holy shit at least nxt used it as an angle to remove zayn out of action for a month.

The diving shit is ridiculous because 95% of the time now there is no seamless integration into the match back like when juniors did them in the 90s. The psychology is supposed to be someone trying to surprise attack on the outside, or someone so angry or urgent that they pursue in a high stakes way out of the ring. Now dives are just a blatant pandering to the crowd. There will be a lull in the match and the audience is in on it. The wrestlers legit take turns doing dives on people waiting to catch them outside. Even worse cause its only the second match on the show and one person will be enhancement talent. Fucking ridiculous.

I had hoped aew would eliminate this stuff from the get go but they are outright encouraging it.

11/6/19 2:02 PM
3/7/05
Cornette did have a good comment on all that. 'It used to be guys made a lot of money pretending to beat the shit out of each other. Now guys are making a little money to REALLY beat the shit out of each other. Who are the marks now?'
11/6/19 3:36 PM
9/22/16
BigWilliam - Cornette did have a good comment on all that. 'It used to be guys made a lot of money pretending to beat the shit out of each other. Now guys are making a little money to REALLY beat the shit out of each other. Who are the marks now?'

A spotfest (Young Bucks) does not mean hardcore (ECW). The Cornette quote does not apply here.
11/6/19 4:00 PM
3/7/05
AnthonyWeiner - 
BigWilliam - Cornette did have a good comment on all that. 'It used to be guys made a lot of money pretending to beat the shit out of each other. Now guys are making a little money to REALLY beat the shit out of each other. Who are the marks now?'

A spotfest (Young Bucks) does not mean hardcore (ECW). The Cornette quote does not apply here.

If the spot fest involves a ton of chair shots and ring apron spots it applies. That is more what I was referring too. taking apron bumps is a good way to shorten your career.
11/7/19 9:53 AM
7/20/04
Poop Doodle -

JR does what he is incentivized to do. Always has. Nothing wrong with that

11/7/19 12:08 PM
11/11/11

I bet you JR is still criticizing it behind the scenes with the aew locker room.

28 days ago
8/20/15

JR is probably like this backstage.

28 days ago
2/25/12

AEW is hard to watch/like

But Jericho Mox Omega and lucha bros are enough to make me tune in

27 days ago
8/20/15
Dravenlives -

What is hard to watch about it? Just wondering. Not talking shit. I enjoy it most weeks 

26 days ago
2/25/12
Robert Thomas -
Dravenlives -

What is hard to watch about it? Just wondering. Not talking shit. I enjoy it most weeks 

I cringe at the comic con nerd fest style of some it....such as the young bucks....that 90lb kid that wrestles....that dude who wrestles with his hands in his pockets. 

We all know wrestling is fake but fuck can we at least sell some moves

That being said I look forward to seeing what Moxley does every week, Jericho is gold as usual and Omega is beautiful to watch 

I cringe at WWE too but for much different reasons

26 days ago
3/7/05
AEW is far from perfect, but I will take all their flaws over the Lashley/Lana/Rusev story line any day.
26 days ago
2/24/07

been following them for several years now.  those guys have incredible ring psych. give it time...   you'll see it.

26 days ago
12/30/03
grady -

been following them for several years now.  those guys have incredible ring psych. give it time...   you'll see it.

If they realized that going nuts on a weekly show in a mid card match diminishes the main event, I could agree but they go spot crazy every match. 

Edited: 26 days ago
11/11/11

I can enjoy the young bucks and what they offer, but I have a hard time buying the psychology comment. Them trying to periodically sell a back over a period of half a year is just a really snippet of what psychology is. Admittedly their matches just being destructive spot fests is sort of their charm.

Their match at the ppv where they tried to do somethibg more old school was a total failure I thought and highlighted their weaknesses.

26 days ago
2/29/16
TheBearStare -

I can enjoy the young bucks and what they offer, but I have a hard time buying the psychology comment. Them trying to periodically sell a back over a period of half a year is just a really snippet of what psychology is. Admittedly their matches just being destructive spot fests is sort of their charm.

Their match at the ppv where they tried to do somethibg more old school was a total failure I thought and highlighted their weaknesses.

They're not telling a story in their matches. It's all spotfest style. There's no looking to the crowd for emotion they only get cheers off their high spots.

Your idea of wrestling psychology is strictly selling an injury?

And they are amateur sellers to be honest. You want to see how to really sell an injury go check out some Bret Hart matches.

I couldn't begin to imagine what WWE would do with them had they ended up there.

26 days ago
3/28/10
Choked72 -
Poop Doodle -

JR does what he is incentivized to do. Always has. Nothing wrong with that

???

26 days ago
12/28/12
Mandible_Claw -
TheBearStare -

They're not telling a story in their matches. It's all spotfest style. There's no looking to the crowd for emotion they only get cheers off their high spots.

Your idea of wrestling psychology is strictly selling an injury?

And they are amateur sellers to be honest. You want to see how to really sell an injury go check out some Bret Hart matches.

I couldn't begin to imagine what WWE would do with them had they ended up there.

Vince would do an Elite invasion angle and then lose interest in it after a month. Bucks would be used to get the Hardys over but that storyline would get dropped once Jeff gets another DUI.  HHH would beat them both in a handicap match. Vince would have Lashley rape Mrs. Matt or something. And so on...

24 days ago
10/10/15

I've heard for years about how great the Bucks were and how Omega was the second coming of Shawn Michaels, but from what I've seen so far in AEW i don't get the hype.  Little to no psychology, too many botched spots, and a lot of Omega's stuff is straight up campy.  I enjoy almost every one else on that roster over the three of them.