Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground I'm really not into The Young Bucks...

23 days ago
11/11/11

Omega seriously doesnt know how to be serious

23 days ago
10/14/09
TheBearStare -

Omega seriously doesnt know how to be serious

When he tones down the campy shit he is unbelieveable but I agree, it's like he can't stop being a campy guy now he's got more creative control.

As for The Bucks, my big issue with them is how destructive some of there tag team moves are. Some of the shit they do as just a regular tag team manouever look a 100 hundred times more powerful than some tag teams finishers and then seeing guys kick out of multiple of them to be pinned by a moonsault is just really annoying to me. They did like an hung elevated top rope footstomp as a regular move like come on man how the fuck is the dude kicking out of that?

Edited: 23 days ago
11/11/11

^^^

This may sound dumb, but I really wonder how much modern wrestling has been influenced by fire pro, no mercy and other wrestling video games. The current generation of guys grew up playing that stuff and were in all likelihood deceloping characters, spots, and combinations in games years before they ever step foot in a real ring.

23 days ago
12/28/12
TheBearStare -

^^^

This may sound dumb, but I really wonder how much modern wrestling has been influenced by fire pro, no mercy and other wrestling video games. The current generation of guys grew up playing that stuff and were in all likelihood deceloping characters, spots, and combinations in games years before they ever step foot in a real ring.

i’d say backyard wrestling was a bigger influence than anything else, especially in the case of the bucks

22 days ago
3/19/09
Evh and bear are both correct.
21 days ago
6/16/07
they fucking suck, and I hate cody too for associating with them.
19 days ago
10/11/18
TheBearStare - 

^^^

I'd say ECW deserves some of the blame for wrestling just being spotfests now. RVD, the Eliminators and the bulk of their hardcore matches were just spot after spot.
19 days ago
3/7/05
Omega and the Bucks have both said they want their matches to feel like a live video game. Wasn't that them, or am I remembering someone else's quote?
19 days ago
12/30/03
Mr Karate -
TheBearStare - 

^^^

I'd say ECW deserves some of the blame for wrestling just being spotfests now. RVD, the Eliminators and the bulk of their hardcore matches were just spot after spot.

ECW didn't help. Fans started dictating the terms of matches to the wrestlers in ECW and that created the terrible fans we are all today. Smarks bitch and moan about someone and say they are stealing the shine from (insert any under sized, good ring worker) and that it's just more of the same bs. 

WWE almost ALWAYS caters to them and makes the indy darling a champion. Within days, the indy darling status is gone and the smarks move on to some other guy being held down and will actually say that WWE is burying their indy darling (who is world champion) 

I think wrestling fans need to be ignored for ten years straight. No Daniel Bryan feel good moment unless it just so happens to have been written that way. Slow the matches down and force big wrestlers to wrestle big and small wrestlers to wrestle small. 

Reset.

18 days ago
7/12/12
WrestlingSucks -
Mr Karate -
TheBearStare - 

^^^

ECW didn't help. Fans started dictating the terms of matches to the wrestlers in ECW and that created the terrible fans we are all today. Smarks bitch and moan about someone and say they are stealing the shine from (insert any under sized, good ring worker) and that it's just more of the same bs. 

WWE almost ALWAYS caters to them and makes the indy darling a champion. Within days, the indy darling status is gone and the smarks move on to some other guy being held down and will actually say that WWE is burying their indy darling (who is world champion) 

I think wrestling fans need to be ignored for ten years straight. No Daniel Bryan feel good moment unless it just so happens to have been written that way. Slow the matches down and force big wrestlers to wrestle big and small wrestlers to wrestle small. 

Reset.

There's a lot to this. Even when the indy darlings get to really show their talents in WWE, even when they get the top titles (unthinkable not long ago, even the former in large part)...so many smarks are still loudly dissatisfied that the whole show isn't their type of wrestler. I understand that fans have no duty to spend their time, money, or energy supporting what they don't want to watch, and that the balancing act of running the most successful business they can is management's job, but the smarks' behavior is really childish when they take it too seriously and make a show about themselves or devote so much of their time to crapping on anything and everything (of one or more companies) online.

Oh well, it's their lives, glad it's not my problem to get the balancing act right, haha, especially since it must be hard to know if you're getting it right, at least it seems that way with all the bitching no matter which way you go.

18 days ago
12/30/03
Size -
WrestlingSucks -
Mr Karate -
TheBearStare - 

^^^

Reset.

There's a lot to this. Even when the indy darlings get to really show their talents in WWE, even when they get the top titles (unthinkable not long ago, even the former in large part)...so many smarks are still loudly dissatisfied that the whole show isn't their type of wrestler. I understand that fans have no duty to spend their time, money, or energy supporting what they don't want to watch, and that the balancing act of running the most successful business they can is management's job, but the smarks' behavior is really childish when they take it too seriously and make a show about themselves or devote so much of their time to crapping on anything and everything (of one or more companies) online.

Oh well, it's their lives, glad it's not my problem to get the balancing act right, haha, especially since it must be hard to know if you're getting it right, at least it seems that way with all the bitching no matter which way you go.

I think the biggest problem is that wrestling worked forever with the basics. Wrestlers could have long careers because they largely were able to entertain fans taking very few bumps A drop kick could be a believable finish. Finishers were protected. 

The cycle of fandom was much different as well: 

1. Kid discovers wrestling and falls in love. Has his parents take him to matches, buys the toys and maybe even calls into a hotline he wasn't supposed to. 

2. Kid is now a teenager. He still catches some wrestling but life is starting to get in the way. 

3. Teenager is now an adult. Rarely, if ever, watches wrestling because he's seen everything. He can call the spots out before they happen. 

4. Adult fan now has kids. They fall in love with wrestling. He now takes his kids to wrestling events and enjoys wrestling because it something he and his kids can share. 

Today: The adult fan who has seen everything expects the product to change with their tastes rather than accepting that the magic has left wrestling fo them. Like a heroine addict, they are constantly chasing the dragon, hoping for some magic to return but it now requires barbed wire, fifty huge bumps per match and twenty false finishes to even get a buzz.