Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Interesting Royal Rumble Tidbit

9 days ago
12/30/03

Lesnar didn't show up to rehearsal for the Rumble where they go over the high spots of the match, even though he was involved in most of them. 

Lesnar ended up calling most of the Rumble in the ring. The only thing he didn't know was how he was eliminated. Drew McIntrye called the ending to him as if he was trash talking but in reality he was telling Brock how he was going out.  If you go back and watch it, Drew yells the finish right at him. 

9 days ago
1/1/01

Brock hasn't needed rehearsal in years, his matches are basically the same at this point. The Rumble was essentially a dozen standard "Suplex City" Brock matches in a row until the elimination

9 days ago
3/7/05

Brock gives the absolute minimum time needed to fulfill his contract, he has got it wired at this point. Show up, suplex some guys, get paid.

6 days ago
12/30/03
BigWilliam - Brock gives the absolute minimum time needed to fulfill his contract, he has got it wired at this point. Show up, suplex some guys, get paid.

Yeah, I just think it was pretty impressive that Brock called everything in that match up to his elimination. Mainly, the Shelton Benjamin elimination and the Braun / Keith Lee spot. 

6 days ago
8/19/03

IMO Lesnar has been, for years, hugely underrated as a worker in the ring.  It's especially evident when he works guys much smaller than himself and still makes it look believable. 

People rag on his booking, but I usually find his matches to be pretty good and innovative, at least as good and innovative as WWE can possibly allow someone to be.

6 days ago
11/11/11
WaltJ -

IMO Lesnar has been, for years, hugely underrated as a worker in the ring.  It's especially evident when he works guys much smaller than himself and still makes it look believable. 

People rag on his booking, but I usually find his matches to be pretty good and innovative, at least as good and innovative as WWE can possibly allow someone to be.

I agree with this. He has played his part above and beyond.

6 days ago
1/1/01
WaltJ - 

One thing Brock has had going for him for a long time is being a Paul Heyman guy.

Heyman is nuts in a lot of ways and has some crazy ass ideas. However, he does know what makes good matches, is believable, sucks in the crowd, etc.

He's likely been imparting that knowledge to Brock (or at least, what Brock needs / can use) for a lot of years.

5 days ago
2/29/16

Weird because when he was in there with Mysterio, Kingston and Big E they were doing spot after spot flawlessly.