12/9/19 8:10 PM
8/27/11
WrestlingSucks -
BigWilliam -
WrestlingSucks - 
Mandible_Claw -

AEW has made it a point that they're not picking up every WWE release.

I'd like to see him in AEW though.

They need to get him. They need big men and he's one of the better workers of the big men. 

the big question is would they make him have competitive matches with people like joey janella?

That would be the worst but most likely he would job to Jungle boy and that little fucking kid character that makes me want to stop watching the second he shows up. 

I have tickets to AEW this Wednesday. If you hear a loud boo when they are on air, you know who did it. 

Hey I was considering going. You should buy me a beer. 

12/9/19 10:02 PM
1/1/01

Ascension should have just asked to go back to NXT. For whatever reason, they were over as fuck down there.

12/10/19 5:58 AM
7/10/17

I would love to see Harper go to AEW - regardless of where he winds up I'm glad he will be able to start fresh.  Always thought of him as a great talent the E never gave a fair chance to show. 

12/10/19 6:21 AM
10/8/07

AEW desperately needs a big wrestler, at least one. I mean they have luchasaurus but he'll forever be a tag team wrestler in AEW. Hager is there too but if I'm not mistaken hasn't worked a match yet. 

When Billy Gunn was in the battle royale making everyone else look like kids I realized that they dont have many big men under contract who can work.

12/10/19 10:06 AM
3/7/05
The Destroyer88 - 

AEW desperately needs a big wrestler, at least one. I mean they have luchasaurus but he'll forever be a tag team wrestler in AEW. Hager is there too but if I'm not mistaken hasn't worked a match yet. 

When Billy Gunn was in the battle royale making everyone else look like kids I realized that they dont have many big men under contract who can work.

Hager has a fight coming up, cannot risk injury. Billy Gunn looked like a damn GIANT in that battle royale. And he looked in better shape than at least half the other guys.
12/11/19 8:25 AM
7/12/12
RKing85 - Ascension should have just asked to go back to NXT. For whatever reason, they were over as fuck down there.

I wouldn't read too much into it. That crowd lives to signal how much hotter they are than any other.

12/11/19 8:28 AM
7/12/12
grizz632 -
Koma -
Size -
RKing85 -

Harper i kind of want to see in New Japan more so than AEW. 

Me too, I think he'd be better featured. Being the top big, crazy American guy is a nice spot in a major Japanese org.

He could try the Bruiser Brody role. Not sure if he ever did any hardcore stuff but he has the look.

Lance Archer has that role on lockdown right now, and Mox is back as well 

Archer has done well with reinventing himself, but Harper is better.

12/11/19 8:30 AM
1/1/01
RKing85 - Ascension should have just asked to go back to NXT. For whatever reason, they were over as fuck down there.

Word is that NXT releases are coming in January or February.
12/11/19 9:13 AM
1/1/01

The Revival still hasn't resigned and Meysterio has a clause that he can opt out of his contract in a few months. I doubt either leaves but they have some bargaining power now.

Is Impact doing anything?

12/11/19 9:50 AM
3/7/05

Mox should start getting into hassles with the Inner Circle and the Elite. Then he could form a stable of psychos, him, Pac, Harper, maybe Darby Allin. A smallish group of violent misfits.

12/11/19 11:06 AM
12/30/03
Charles Barkley -
WrestlingSucks -
BigWilliam -
WrestlingSucks - 
Mandible_Claw -

AEW has made it a point that they're not picking up every WWE release.

I'd like to see him in AEW though.

They need to get him. They need big men and he's one of the better workers of the big men. 

the big question is would they make him have competitive matches with people like joey janella?

That would be the worst but most likely he would job to Jungle boy and that little fucking kid character that makes me want to stop watching the second he shows up. 

I have tickets to AEW this Wednesday. If you hear a loud boo when they are on air, you know who did it. 

Hey I was considering going. You should buy me a beer. 

You can join me in booing him 

12/11/19 11:36 AM
1/1/01

lol so with the 90-day no compete clause, Harper can't appear on American TV until it's over.

(Though he could conceivably show up say in Japan...WrestleKingdom, anyway?)

However, had he went until his contract expired, he could've done whatever he wanted immediately.

Given the 90-day no compete, Harper can't appear on TV until March 8th. His contract was apparently set to expire March 25th.

WWE basically let him go 17 days early. lmao

12/11/19 12:03 PM
12/28/12
Wiggy - lol so with the 90-day no compete clause, Harper can't appear on American TV until it's over.

However, had he went until his contract expired, he could've done whatever he wanted immediately.

Given the 90-day no compete, Harper can't appear on TV until March 8th. His contract was apparently set to expire March 25th.

Yeah I saw some speculation that the other contracts were like that too, so basically just WWE trying to look like the good guys.

12/12/19 4:08 PM
12/9/19
JJitsu -
Koma -
Size -
RKing85 -

Harper i kind of want to see in New Japan more so than AEW. 

Me too, I think he'd be better featured. Being the top big, crazy American guy is a nice spot in a major Japanese org.

He could try the Bruiser Brody role. Not sure if he ever did any hardcore stuff but he has the look.

His Indy names Brody Lee because he was a Bruiser Brody fan and wanted to be like him...if I remember the Jericho podcast correctly.

Definitely see him as a good NJPW monster. They're saying online he might team up with Skurl for a Villain Club thing. 

His indie name was Brodie Lee due to his strong resemblance to actor Jason Lee when he started out in the business. Brodie was the name of the character Lee played in Mallrats

12/12/19 6:39 PM
7/12/12
Wiggy - lol so with the 90-day no compete clause, Harper can't appear on American TV until it's over.

Considering WWE's aversion to the no compete's enforceability being ruled on by a court...wtf can they do after the fact if released independent contractor Luke Harper shows up unannounced to ply his trade across the world, off TV at WrestleKingdom? Haha.

12/14/19 11:25 PM
12/28/12

1/11/20 9:02 AM
5/4/04

Sammy Guevarra posted a pic on IG with Luke Harper.  

1/11/20 9:27 AM
1/1/01

1/11/20 11:04 AM
11/11/11

^^^ The Declaration of Independence says that all men are created equal, not that the white race is superior to all others. Phone Post 3.0

1/11/20 11:10 AM
12/28/12
TheBearStare -

If I were aew and if sammy just gave away that harper was signed id be really pissed

A junior hockey league had them as guests for a pro wrestling night themed game

2/4/20 12:37 AM
1/28/20

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/0NzXCeUy/report-brodie-lee-formerly-luke-harper-expected-to-sign-with-aew-debut-in-march

2/4/20 10:09 AM
5/8/13
BigWilliam - Mox should start getting into hassles with the Inner Circle and the Elite. Then he could form a stable of psychos, him, Pac, Harper, maybe Darby Allin. A smallish group of violent misfits.

This is aging pretty good bro! Nice call....

2/4/20 10:15 AM
5/8/13
Sernie Banders -

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/0NzXCeUy/report-brodie-lee-formerly-luke-harper-expected-to-sign-with-aew-debut-in-march

This makes me happy. He's going to be great there. I really haven't enjoyed wrestling in a long time, AEW has actually entertained me lately and has me excited that they're only getting better. They seem to get it, and give fans more of what they want. Overall it's not as polished or whatever as wwe, but it's for sure better imo 

2/4/20 10:18 AM
3/7/05
Dugs95 - 
BigWilliam - Mox should start getting into hassles with the Inner Circle and the Elite. Then he could form a stable of psychos, him, Pac, Harper, maybe Darby Allin. A smallish group of violent misfits.

This is aging pretty good bro! Nice call....

Well it seemed an obvious idea at the time. Hope it works out! Thanks.
2/4/20 8:33 PM
8/19/03

Just pinch of old school wrestling booking would do wonders for that guy.

Literally just have him start storming to the ring, no intro music, nothing, and start beating the fuck out of everyone in sight.  Just have him maul dudes.  He could even cut intense promos if need be, but just keep him dominant. 

I'd hate to just blatantly say "rip off Bruiser Brody" but goddamn was Brody amazing at what he did!