Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Mattel WWE Comic Con Display (pics)

8/3/14 9:16 AM
4/30/12

WWE Elite Series 30
Hawk, Animal, Batista, Lex Luger, Brock Lesnar, and Ryback. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 9:23 AM
4/30/12

WWE Elite Series 31
Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso both with t-shirts, The Rock with track pants & guitar (and likely a t-shirt), Vader with bad ass entrance gear, Dean Ambrose with Shield dogtags, and Kane with removable mask. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 9:28 AM
4/30/12

That Vader is sick. Stand by for more Flashback/Defining Moments figures of familiar faces from days past... Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 9:32 AM
3/30/07
Any word if they're gonna make a Shock Master toy with removable helmet? Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 9:44 AM
4/30/12

Eva Marie's new figure that my seven year old daughter can't wait to get.

New Wal Mart Exclusive AJ Lee.

New Toys R Us Exclusive "Best Of PPV: Wrestlemania 30" Elite 'Build-A-Figure' (Corporate Kane) Series: Daniel Bryan, Undertaker, Bray Wyatt, and John Cena- woth the "Corporate Kane" Build-A-Figure assembled in the picture. Basically, the four figures in the series each come with pieces (Daniel Bryan: Head & jacket, Bray Wyatt: Legs, John Cena: Arms, Undertaker: torso) to build yourself an exclusive, Elite articulation "Corporate Kane" figure.

This Bray Wyatt in his Wrestlemania 30 attire is absolutely sick in my opinion. This is a prime example of what Mattel is capable of when they pay attention to detail. I was going to paint this one up myself, out of an extra E28 Bray Wyatt I picked up a couple weeks ago, but was blown away by the detail on this figure- right down to the snakeskin boots... Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 10:02 AM
4/30/12

This is the new Daniey Bryan long-hair, serious expression headscan figure. They couldn't keep up with his hair and beard going all-out over the past year, lol. This is finally the most accurate one.

A few new Ringside Collectibles Exclusive Elites: "Break The Streak" Brock, "Rated R Superstar" Edge, Flashback ECW CM Punk, and Flashback "Brahma Bull" Rock (just as he was coming into his own, pre-Brahma Bull tattoo) with purple strap Attitude Era IC Title.

That's pretty cool detail on Edge's belt.

This one will probably be up for pre-order on Ringside Collectibles soon, don't know how many of these they'll actually sell unless the price is right (which, with them, it never is). But the WWE line is so cluttered with Brock Lesnar figures it's ridiculous. The ridiculous part is that... they're all exactly the same, nearly virtually identical.

They have three different headscans of Brock, and all his Elites have the same one (they *just* switched it for this figure). It's bullshit. Until he debuted the black shorts, all his figures had the split red/black, with no logos or details. Then they gave him his shirt. Then his hat. But it's the same figure, same $20 a piece... but they do make for some decent parts for customizing, though... and now they've added incentive by including his track pants. Yay. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 10:14 AM
9/16/12
They look great, but if anyone is familiar with the Round 5 style UFC figures, I wish WWE would do something similar. Slightly cartoonish with less joints, something for the adult collector. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 10:17 AM
9/16/12
Having said that, I'm going to go hang out in the parking lot at Toys R Us until I those Road Warrior figures come out. Bye! Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 10:23 AM
1/1/01
Does Vader come with that mask or is he just wearing it because he has to stand near Ambrose? Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 10:25 AM
4/30/12

New Defining Moments Series Razor Ramon prototype images.

X-Pac prototype image to complete the Elite Flashback DX figures they started cranking-out over scattered Elite Series' as random Flashback figures last year.

First Rusev Basic figure prototype image. The biggest difference between the Basic figures and the Elite figures would be articulation & detail. Rusev's legs on this Basic figure will not be articulated to enable the figure to be posed doing his finisher. His Elite figure will come with ball & socket joints at the hips and inner thighs, making it entirely functional for posing, play, or animations. You can basically execute nearly any wrestling move you can think of with the Elite figures. Makes them awesome for animations, and they look great posed on a shelf. The Basic figures are mostly for the younger kids that are smashing their toys together and don't really care how good it looks, lol. They have the dreaded T-joint as opposed to a ball-and-socket joint at the hips/crotch, and no mid-torso/abdominal joint, either. So besides standing them up, they aren't good for a whole lot (besides parts for me- the arms, heads, and hands work to swap with the Elites, but everything from the neck down besides the arms is completely useless)... so you won't find many pics of Basic figures in this thread, besides early prototype images of first releases, like the picture coming up next here:

These look good so far. Being that they're in the infancy stages of development, we'll probably see these figures around April of next year. I am excited as all hell about what that Sami Zayn figure and NXT logo next to it could possibly mean... if Mattel & WWE decide to start making NXT Elite figures I would be thrilled. But they all look pretty good so far, in my opinion. My girls will love that Lana figure too. Well, love having AJ & Eva Marie beat her up, lol. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 10:38 AM
4/30/12
MMAhaiku - They look great, but if anyone is familiar with the Round 5 style UFC figures, I wish WWE would do something similar. Slightly cartoonish with less joints, something for the adult collector. Phone Post 3.0
VU. I hear ya man, and they do, actually. They have two different lines of smaller figurines with highly limited articulation, and zany proportions like big hands and heads... but... they're for kids.

Me, personally, as a fan and a collector- if I were looking for something to display on my shelf to commemorate John Cena & Bray Wyatt's match at Wrestlemania, I'd much rather have an accurate, to-scale, detailed Bray Wyatt figure- posed with an equally detailed John Cena figure, about to deliver the Sister Abigail.

These figures make that possible. I understand, though. Different strokes for different folks. I've just always been a much bigger fan of detail, poseability, and articulation. Not so much the cartoonish bobble-head look. But that's just me. I will post some pics of Mattel's WWE Slam City line as well as the smaller Rumblers figurines for ya.

They also just recently started a line of lego-like WWE playsets. Biker Taker, Sandow, Kofi, Sin Cara... acrually pretty cool. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 11:00 AM
4/30/12

Scan of Roman Reigns newest figure.

Scan of the newest Cesaro Elite figure with the Andre The Giant Battle Royal Trophy, shorter boots, new headscan and all black attire.

The motherfuckin' Junkyard Dog, folks. Can't wait for this one... this would be a prime example of why I prefer detail, accuracy & articulation as opposed to a simple display figurine. Another prime example would be this bad motherfucker right here...

Scan of Doink The Clown's first ever Elite Flashback figure. This, JYD, and Razor were all first time Mattel figures. They're still working on getting image licensing rights for a lot of WWE Legends. Ric Flair's first Mattel figure came out last month, to kick off the re-launch of Mattel's Defining Moments Series. They decided to re-launch the adult collector-centric series, just so they'd have an appropriate platform to promote this next first ever Mattel figure:

Finally, a Mattel WWE Hulk Hogan- circa his match from Wrestlemania with Andre. That will definitely be a Defining Moments figure... there's no other earthly reason why they'd have made a younger Hogan with that much hair for their first figure.

And the next one is the other contract we've all been waiting for- not only is this his first ever Mattel Elite, Defining Moments figure... but it's his first ever WWE figure. Ladies and gentlemen, the cream of the crop:

It's been a long time coming, and I knew his first figure would be his Crow gimmick. Damn that thing looks awesome though... and guaranteed to come with his trench coat and black baseball bat... Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 11:16 AM
4/30/12

New Paige. Looks pretty cool.

Hogan looks good for that era, but something looks off about the bandana to me...

Razor also looks great as far as detail and likeness goes, but the head looks fackin' huge... has to be the camera angle. I can't imagine Mattel wouldn't see the same thing I'm seeing.

Hogan's new figure displayed next to the new Ric Flair figure that came out last month. I'm loving these classics they're coming out with. Mattel has certainly upped their game. Each line is a little better than the last, they're always trying to improve, and they're one of the biggest, greatest toy companies in the world... I am expecting even better things next year.

Thanks for checking out my thread, I will post more pics as well. Any questions or requests? Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 11:24 AM
9/16/12
Ryan - I won't quote all that, but I LOVE Slam City sculpts! If they were over, say, 5" - I'd have all of them!

Your passion for collecting is inspiring, dude. I'll definitely be picking up some of these Mattels for knick knacks in the garage. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 11:30 AM
9/16/12
Ryan Black -
WWE Elite Series 30
Hawk, Animal, Batista, Lex Luger, Brock Lesnar, and Ryback. Phone Post 3.0
Also, the coked out Hogan with the crooked headband and crucifix might be the best of the set. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 7:44 PM
1/1/01
Thanks Ryan! awesome.
8/4/14 12:41 AM
1/7/14
Some pretty cool looking dolls! I wish they were able to put an Owen Hart doll out. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 8:17 AM
4/30/12
Ringside Collectibles: www.ringsidecollectibles.com, www.wrestlingfigures.com

Amazon.com & eBay for earlier Series' figures.

From Ringside Collectibles, you can buy the set, and have it pre-ordered to ship out to you the minute it leaves the factory for the first time. You end up getting your figures at least 4-6 weeks before they hit retail stores. You do pay a little extra than retail, but it's worth it to not have to go hunting them down in stores, IMO.

Toys R Us, Target, Wal Mart... those are the three stores I'd suggest hunting. Retail, the Elite figures are $20.16. I just ordered Elite Series 29, the complete set of six, for $120 from Ringside. After the coupon code, it actually came to $119.02 after shipping. So I got each figure for a little less than $20 even, and I'll have them a month before they come out in stores. Sometimes it works out like that. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 11:32 AM
4/30/12
MMAhaiku - Ryan - I won't quote all that, but I LOVE Slam City sculpts! If they were over, say, 5" - I'd have all of them!

Your passion for collecting is inspiring, dude. I'll definitely be picking up some of these Mattels for knick knacks in the garage. Phone Post 3.0
VTFU to you as well, my friend. Thank you for the kind words. I try to be a positive person.

I'm glad you like the Slam City line, just goes to show they have something for everyone. There was also a recent line of wind-up dolls with similar proportions with magnets in their fists that would "wrestle" when you wound them up and dropped them into a toy wrestling ring. They were pushing this series pretty hard late last year/earlier this year IIRC- they even had a PPV sponsored by them. I think they were called "WWE Slammers" or something like that- it was a failed experiment, and you can find those on the cheap. I don't think those would interest you all that much though, lol.

But Slam City looks cool, my kids and I love the show, but they prefer to play with the regular Divas figures (mostly because they're girls, and Mattel doesn't really make the Divas in the kid-centric lines, for some dumb reason).

My Elite 29 package should be here in a couple hours- I will post pics of the fully-assembled Wyatt Family... I can't wait. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 11:35 AM
4/30/12
Hmm, for some reason it seems like my previous post was lost somewhere... but, basically: VTFU's for everyone. Lol.

Stand by for The Wyatt Family, Andre The Giant, Punk, Sandow, and Goldust :) Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 9:14 PM
4/30/12
Holy shit... this is unreal, guys... I've had an unbelievably lucky day, and I am an unbelievably UNLUCKY person. My luck is fucking terrible... every other day but today.

I go to run some papers to my attorney's office (tax BS, nothing serious) earlier this afternoon, and discover there's a Toys R Us directly across the street. Every time I've gone hunting, this Toys R Us *never* has anything, so my expectations were very low. I figured what the hell, might as well check for that Toys R Us Exclusive Build-a-Figure JR Elite Series. Well, first time I ever walked into a Toys R Us and foind the entire series. I bought it and headed home to wait for Elite Series 29 to arrive.

Shortly after I get home, UPS knocks on my door. I get the box and I think, "Damn, this is heavier and larger than I expected..."

Well I open-up the box a few minutes ago, and Ringside Collectibles mistakenly sent me a case straight from Mattel, instead of just the single series I ordered. I couldn't be happier. That's crazy. I got twelve figures today. It's like Christmas. Lol. Pics soon... Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 10:04 PM
1/7/14
Ryan Black - Holy shit... this is unreal, guys... I've had an unbelievably lucky day, and I am an unbelievably UNLUCKY person. My luck is fucking terrible... every other day but today.

I go to run some papers to my attorney's office (tax BS, nothing serious) earlier this afternoon, and discover there's a Toys R Us directly across the street. Every time I've gone hunting, this Toys R Us *never* has anything, so my expectations were very low. I figured what the hell, might as well check for that Toys R Us Exclusive Build-a-Figure JR Elite Series. Well, first time I ever walked into a Toys R Us and foind the entire series. I bought it and headed home to wait for Elite Series 29 to arrive.

Shortly after I get home, UPS knocks on my door. I get the box and I think, "Damn, this is heavier and larger than I expected..."

Well I open-up the box a few minutes ago, and Ringside Collectibles mistakenly sent me a case straight from Mattel, instead of just the single series I ordered. I couldn't be happier. That's crazy. I got twelve figures today. It's like Christmas. Lol. Pics soon... Phone Post 3.0

You're going to return the extra dolls, right?
8/5/14 12:37 PM
4/30/12
I actually did get charged for a case, so all is good. They fave me the option to send the extras back at their expense, but since I did in fact pay for it, I'm gonna keep them for parts. I wanted two extra Punks anyway, so I still have a 3rd one to buy for parts (gonna repaint his tights & boots to make a custom figure of Punk in his Bret Hart tribute attire).I still got an awesome deal, basically got each figure for $18 & change and it didn't break the bank.

I got an even better deal on the Toys R Us Exclusive Elites- those are normally $25 each after taxes... I got the whole set for $74.67, whereas it would have been about fourteen cents-under a hundred bucks. I have pull at TRU, as a former employee (it's one of the worst, most disorganized companies I've ever worked for- and they treat their employees like absolute shit) where they fired me unjustly (and they knew it) and instead of suing them (which is not my cup of tea- they fired me because I had shoulder surgery, doctors notes, follow-up appointments, etc- which were all excused. They hired too many people, so they fired me because I was dealing with an injury caused at work by aggravating my broken shoulder, because I was ordered to stock & lift boxes over my head, which was not in my job description- which was sales floor customer service/sales rep.) long story short: they knew they fucked up, and offered me a Toys R Us card and a lifetime of discounts, rewards, and points. Being a collector with two little girls with their own collections, I figured that would be the best way to settle things without getting a courtroom involved.

Working on new Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose customs in their new outfits. Will post pics of the 12-figure bounty I received last night after I fix those figures up as well. I'm still blown away by the lucky day I had yesterday... these sort of things never happen to me. I guess it's true what they say- it goes around, sometimes it takes awhile, but if you're a good person that lives a positive life, and treat others with kindness and respect, help when you can and be there for your loved ones, and just generally be a good person- it'll come back to you. Thanks for reading my melodramatic FRAT. Have a great day, all of you... more VU's to everyone in this thread! Stay tuned :) Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 8:41 PM
3/24/11
Damn these look awesome! Phone Post 3.0
12/2/18 1:47 PM
11/28/18

Ryan black are u the one that builds the custom road warrior's figures? 3528748088